ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Outside......

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
th

Worst I've seen since the wind event from 4 years ago. We were without power for two days that time.

My power has gone out five times today. Every time it came back on about two seconds later.

Six now. The last time it went off for a few seconds, came back on for a second or two, then went back off for just long enough for me to think crap, maybe this time it isn't going to come back on, before it came back on again.

My power never went out once. But I have never seen such a long duration wind event as we have just had.
Was up at Thiel College for an all day girls softball tournament in their domed football facility (Imagine that! Thiel College!!)
The power blinked out inside of that bubble and went out for 10 minutes leaving only emergency lighting. Pretty funny with 8 girls softball teams squealing in the dark and then all the cell phones lit up and it looked like a rock concert.

Coming back last night down I79 it was like being under fire. Sticks and branches bouncing off the Pilot like gunshots!
That was one amazing prolonged wind storm!

Reactions: HOF Coach
Trash cans toppled and bags fell out overnight. Racoons didn't miss out on an easy meal and I woke up to trash strewn across the yard. Time to get around to building a trash can enclosure.

Trash cans toppled and bags fell out overnight. Racoons didn't miss out on an easy meal and I woke up to trash strewn across the yard. Time to get around to building a trash can enclosure.
Up here, recycle day is Tuesday. You can ALWAYS count on high wind that night. It is uncanny! It doesn't take much to flip those recycle containers. Good exercise Wednesday morning hiking the neighborhood retrieving empty milk jugs and plastic containers!

Was up at Thiel College for an all day girls softball tournament in their domed football facility (Imagine that! Thiel College!!)
The power blinked out inside of that bubble and went out for 10 minutes leaving only emergency lighting. Pretty funny with 8 girls softball teams squealing in the dark and then all the cell phones lit up and it looked like a rock concert.

Coming back last night down I79 it was like being under fire. Sticks and branches bouncing off the Pilot like gunshots!
That was one amazing prolonged wind storm!
Il take regular old boring snow storms anytime over that craziness last night. Trees fell in neighborhoods all around us, i have a maple (aka shallow roots) sitting in marshy ground from all the rain, in my back yard right outside our daughter's bed room. Was paranoid all night with every rumble of the wind that it might topple on to that corner of the house... we made her sleep in another room on the opposite side of the house.

Miraculously, power was lost only once for 10 seconds but it's been out for many hours in areas all around us. Schools within the same district either closed, some only delayed, others nothing at all, wacky.

Still worry about that tree, weather channel dude said even trees that made it through the storm probably are "loose" right now in the wet ground and even more susceptible to the next windy event. Sheesh.

Stay safe all

Up here, recycle day is Tuesday. You can ALWAYS count on high wind that night. It is uncanny! It doesn't take much to flip those recycle containers. Good exercise Wednesday morning hiking the neighborhood retrieving empty milk jugs and plastic containers!

I love it when that happens here. My cousin lives up the street from me, higher elevation, and when I see dozens of blue colored Bud Light cans/bottles strewn about, I know the source.

Not good, all the crap from my neighbors pine trees blows into my yard.
Exactly my situation. First thing I saw when I looked out my window this morning was tree debris. And I got rid of every tree in my yard years ago.

Maybe we'll see Happy Birthday balloons from China in the yard?

Those things turn up everywhere, and you wonder where they started their journey. See a lot of them floating in the middle of Lake Erie when we're fishing.
Or in the National Forest when hunting.

Driving up 79 there was all kinds of trash and limbs literally flying through the air. Expected to see those guys in the rowboat or the old guy in the bathtub or a cow, or the Wicked Witch!!
2b94cd046e598ccc9127359d3c54c591.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT