ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Penguins

Nice win. At least that is something to build off of. Rodriguez with another strong effort

Yes.

Few words summation.

1) Geno. Leading by example. Beast mode.
2) Sid. Trying to be an older Adam Oates. Shoot more.
3) Rodrigues. Looking like a potential Duper throw in.
4) Sheary. Still not getting the need.
5) Blueger/Tanev. Much better effort.
6) Murray. Bad goal. Rebounded.
7) Schultz. Welcome back.
8) Letang. Just lost. What the hell? Trade candidate offseason.
9) Dumoulin. Still rounding into form.
10) Hornquist. If everyone would give his effort, there would be no problems.

No fans tomorrow in Columbus. The Pens/Jackets game will be the first major professional sporting event to be played without fans. Surreal.

So just a thought... IF the NHL suspends their season as well, the Pens have time to get healthy and get Jake Guentzel back...

No fans tomorrow in Columbus. The Pens/Jackets game will be the first major professional sporting event to be played without fans. Surreal.
At least we won’t have to hear that dam# cannon and that stupid song they play.surely they wouldn’t set it off without fans,right? Maybe we can shut them out and make sure of it...

Not sure if anyone saw Nebraska’s HC struggling during the game. Went to the hospital directly from the game. If you’re wondering why any of this is necessary, that’s why.
Have to think if he tests positive, the NCAA tourney is shut down. At the very least the Big Ten tournament.

Honestly, it’s beginning to look like this whole country may be shut down. Wild times.

Reactions: pittdan77
Will be interesting how they handle the rest of the regular and postseason assuming the league is suspended tomorrow.

If they simply cut the remaining regular season games and go to the postseason, the Pens would play Flyers in the first round and then likely the Capitals in the second round.

The NHL is making an announcement tomorrow and I have a feeling they’ll suspend the season like the NBA.
They have to, don't they? I mean they essentially share the same locker rooms, buildings, travel methods, hotels as the NBA. It would be a horrible look for the NHL to play and the NBA not to play.

Not sure if anyone saw Nebraska’s HC struggling during the game. Went to the hospital directly from the game. If you’re wondering why any of this is necessary, that’s why.
That's now another problem. Anyone sick is going to be a pariah. He had the flu, regular Influenza A. Now anyone with this or Bronchitis and people are going to panic thinking they have the CoronaVirus.

That's now another problem. Anyone sick is going to be a pariah. He had the flu, regular Influenza A. Now anyone with this or Bronchitis and people are going to panic thinking they have the CoronaVirus.

I think it was the hubris of deciding for everyone around him that he was going to go ahead and coach while he's sick that caused the outrage. I mean, "it was just the flu" isn't a good enough excuse even without this other nonsense.

One of the things I'm bitter about is being taught to go to school or to work, sick because our family prides itself on hard work, blah, blah, blah. It's BS.

Reactions: Ski11585
NHL still hasn’t canceled. Interesting way for them to grow the sport... be the only sport on TV!

I think it was the hubris of deciding for everyone around him that he was going to go ahead and coach while he's sick that caused the outrage. I mean, "it was just the flu" isn't a good enough excuse even without this other nonsense.

One of the things I'm bitter about is being taught to go to school or to work, sick because our family prides itself on hard work, blah, blah, blah. It's BS.

That’s the old blue collar stuff. I was sorta taught that way too. And I lived it for a while. But as I’ve aged I realize that’s not the way to do it when you’re ill - especially if you have paid sick time. Stay home and keep it to yourself. I’m sure if you don’t get paid it makes the decision really hard.

Reactions: pittdan77
This is tough. If they shut it down for a month or so...where do alot of the European players go?? Into the belly of the beast??

what's the over/under on Bjugstad healing up and getting re-injured before the next game being played?

In the big scheme of things, hockey and who wins is trivial. That being said, we need distractions. So say this league is shut down to Mid May. They will likely have to have some abbreviated finished or an expanded post season. So, just focusing in the East, who does this help, who does this hurt? The hottest teams are the Phylers and Bruins. The coldest (of the contenders) are the Penguins and the Caps. The Pens easily in the East (and the league) would most benefit from this layoff. Guys like Marino and Dumoulin now get more time to heal. Sid, isn't himself, still must be hurting. Rust is banged up. And oh yeah, there is this Guentzel kid sitting out. The goaltending is not really great right now. Maybe a reboot helps. The team likely hurt the most is the red hot Philly Flyers.

In the big scheme of things, hockey and who wins is trivial. That being said, we need distractions. So say this league is shut down to Mid May. They will likely have to have some abbreviated finished or an expanded post season. So, just focusing in the East, who does this help, who does this hurt? The hottest teams are the Phylers and Bruins. The coldest (of the contenders) are the Penguins and the Caps. The Pens easily in the East (and the league) would most benefit from this layoff. Guys like Marino and Dumoulin now get more time to heal. Sid, isn't himself, still must be hurting. Rust is banged up. And oh yeah, there is this Guentzel kid sitting out. The goaltending is not really great right now. Maybe a reboot helps. The team likely hurt the most is the red hot Philly Flyers.

If they do a mid-May restart, play out the schedule to get back in the groove, this could be a huge Break for our aging Pens. Hot teams will lose it, flat & injured teams like the Pens can regroup.

From this, it appears that their plan is to simply put the league on hold and resume the regular season once this blows over, with no games being missed.

Reactions: CougarClaws

Yes, hard work is such an albatross around the neck of you and your family.

You should be bitter that you are just so bitter.

Kids go to school sick to get their stupid perfect attendance awards while passing on their illnesses to others. Total bs.

Sick adults going to work no better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT