ADVERTISEMENT

OT- SCF- Game #6 ..... Pens vs Nashville ......

Somewhat cautious, tight checking, defensive 1st period but both teams had some good scoring chances late in the 1st period .... goalies made the stops though ...... 0-0 end of the 1st period.

Game opening up .... both teams getting scoring chances but still 0-0.

Exciting game with back and forth action. Terrible whistle screwing Nashville, but I'll take it.

The longer this game goes 0-0, the tighter Nashville gets as their season comes closer to an end.

As the guys in the booth said during the 2nd intermission ..... after the quick whistle that cost Nashville a goal, the refs "missed" a couple penalties against Nashville and the call on Sheary was questionable ...... hopefully, the refs have a good 3rd period.

Kessel- not a very good game tonight. I hope that he hears me!

What a classless crowd.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: LVNVPanther
They're gonna be even better next year. Should be players in the free agency market once they remove Fleury and Hagelin cap hits. Should be fun over the next week and the draft 9 days from now.

They're gonna be even better next year. Should be players in the free agency market once they remove Fleury and Hagelin cap hits. Should be fun over the next week and the draft 9 days from now.
They should have some cap room, but they also will have a lot to fill. Hagelin isn't a FA, so getting rid of his $4M won't be the easiest and they probably either have to take back a higher salary G to trade Fleury or at least retain some salary and then sign a replacement. Even if you include Fleury and Hagelin completely and all the cap room as it stands, they have about $22.6M, but that doesn't include RFA numbers for Sheary, Schultz, Dumoulin, Sundqvist, and Archibald, plus the need for at least that backup G, 2 D, and probably 4 Fs. So there is a lot of ways that cap could get eaten up quickly, even before they get to their own guys. Gotta deal with Fleury and the expansion draft first.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Call me crazy, but I already want to nominate this year's team as possibly the best of all time. It's hard enough to repeat, but they overcame so many injuries and used literally every guy in the organization to get them there. I don't know what else you can do to prove you just simply are the best team in the sport. I mean no letang the whole playoffs among other injuries, there was almost no way to beat this team.

They should have started Fleury. He smiles alot.

LOL ! ..... obviously you know that Murray was the right call but without Fleury playing great in the 1st two rounds, the Pens would not have won the Cup so have to give him a lot of credit ..... Fleury has been a really good goalie for the Pens for a long time and we probably just saw him for the last time in a Pens uniform.

Call me crazy, but I already want to nominate this year's team as possibly the best of all time. It's hard enough to repeat, but they overcame so many injuries and used literally every guy in the organization to get them there. I don't know what else you can do to prove you just simply are the best team in the sport. I mean no letang the whole playoffs among other injuries, there was almost no way to beat this team.

Maybe not the best of all time but really good. We certainly overcame a great deal of adversity just about the entire year and showed tremendous depth in the organization.

Sullivan and the entire coaching staff did an excellent job ..... and give Rutherford credit for the job he did at the trade deadline simply tweaking things a bit bringing in a couple veteran defensive men that helped and not trading Fleury who we needed big time in the 1st two rounds.

Gotta deal with Fleury and the expansion draft first.

I think the MAF thing will take care of itself. It will be interesting to see what strategy they follow in protecting players. Unless they make a deal, it might come down to losing one of Doumilin, Maata, Rust or Hornqvist.

Our backup goalie won 9 games in the playoffs. It will be nice to dump that salary...but it doesn't necessarily mean we will get better.

The season would have ended a month ago without him.

Agree. No knock on him, I was just poking fun at alot of fanboys who rooted for their hearts over their heads.

I think we will be better next year. Muzz is a stud. I mean, here is his playoff record, 22-9 1.95 GAA .928 Save % TWO CUPS. Wow.

Fleury will bring about somebody or draft picks. Letang will be back. Guentzel will be better. There will be Cap room. There will be a veteran who takes less to come here to try and win. Daniel Sprong may be here. Will they win the Cup? Who knows. But I know this, on the short list of 2-3 favorites to win the Cup....they are the first team on it.

Here are my top 3 teams (right now) in each conference next year.
East: Pens, Lightening and Blue Jackets West: Blackhawks, Preds, Oilers

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think the MAF thing will take care of itself. It will be interesting to see what strategy they follow in protecting players. Unless they make a deal, it might come down to losing one of Doumilin, Maata, Rust or Hornqvist.
Well, they just got him to waive his no-movement clause so he can be unprotected for the expansion draft, so that is step one. Now you deal with Vegas and whoever else is interested with a negotiation tactic being who gets left for Vegas to pick from. I think Vegas would be crazy not to target Fleury. They have a lot of leverage but there will be another interested club (Calgary) or two, who could make a play. Fun few days to find out what happens.

By the way, Columbus is not one of the teams at 15-1. They are 22-1. That may very well be the best bet on the board.

Read a rumor of Fleury and Hagelan being traded to Vegas as salary dumps. Fleury will turn and be dealt to Calgary. Oscar Sundqvist will be the player selected by Vegas in the expansion draft.

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Sprong-Malkin-Kessel
Wilson-Bonino or Boyle-Rust
Kunitz-Gagner-Kuhnhackl

Trade Sheary's rights
Cullen retires
Sign Bonino or Brian Boyle for 3rd center
Kunitz comes back 1 year, 1.5
Sam Gagner for 1.5

Letang-Dumoulin
Schultz-Franson
Maatta-Cole

Daley, Hainsey, Streit done here
Dumo for 4
Schultz for 5
Cody Franson for 3.5

Sign Brian Elliott as a backup for 2 mill.
That leaves you 1.75 for taxi squad and cap space.

Agree. No knock on him, I was just poking fun at alot of fanboys who rooted for their hearts over their heads.

I think we will be better next year. Muzz is a stud. I mean, here is his playoff record, 22-9 1.95 GAA .928 Save % TWO CUPS. Wow.

Fleury will bring about somebody or draft picks. Letang will be back. Guentzel will be better. There will be Cap room. There will be a veteran who takes less to come here to try and win. Daniel Sprong may be here. Will they win the Cup? Who knows. But I know this, on the short list of 2-3 favorites to win the Cup....they are the first team on it.

Here are my top 3 teams (right now) in each conference next year.
East: Pens, Lightening and Blue Jackets West: Blackhawks, Preds, Oilers
Watch out for Toronto next year... lots of young talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT