ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Steelers game thread/For those who care .

Browns are gonna be tough for the near future. Next year could be rough. If Cincy gets a decent coach, watch out.

Yup the Browns will be a tough out next year. Tomlin has to overhaul his staff on defense. Lots of changes needed. Cant have reaches like Edmunds and wasted picks like Rudolf

Game was gifted to the Ravens by the refs. Browns scored a TD that was blown dead by the bone headed refs.

Ravens had 296 yards rushing and a time of possession edge of 17 minutes. 99% of teams in any level of football will win with stats like that.

There are only five NFL teams without cheerleaders: Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Pittsburgh. Only 1, Chicago, made the playoffs. Bring back the Steelerettes!

Reactions: mike 301
I have taken the kids to Pitt and Riverhounds (she used to be apart of their academy) games. It was fun for her to see their coaches play. I still can't get into the sport at any level.

All of that said, I would rather watch soccer than the stillers these days.

Just thought you should know, I went to a club soccer game today. Lots of nerds. That soccer was terrible too.

Football in Pittsburgh ends tomorrow... with the Pitt Panthers. Vegas lets you bet on nearly everything but can't imagine anyone would have laid money on that in August

Ravens had 296 yards rushing and a time of possession edge of 17 minutes. 99% of teams in any level of football will win with stats like that.

Yep.
I am in the minority but I think the Ravens are likely to keep having success with their read-option offense in the playoffs. They have a strong defense, strong special teams and a great rushing attack. They are not going to be an easy team to beat.

Reactions: pittman71
There are only five NFL teams without cheerleaders: Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Pittsburgh. Only 1, Chicago, made the playoffs. Bring back the Steelerettes!
Oh yeah . How hot .
Steelerettes.jpg

I have taken the kids to Pitt and Riverhounds (she used to be apart of their academy) games. It was fun for her to see their coaches play. I still can't get into the sport at any level.

All of that said, I would rather watch soccer than the stillers these days.
I enjoyed the NFL season this year. And the Steelers entertained me the past few weeks. The NE game and NO game actually had my heart thumping. The EPL games I watched this weekend, however, were better than the Cincy game today. It’s too bad the Steelers didn’t make the playoffs. It would have provided a bit more entertainment. I’ll kick back now the next few months and have soccer to fall back on, until the NFL draft comes around and we start all over.

Maybe Jeff Capel can have this hoops team overachieve and provide us even more entertainment.

Why, have the Steelers done so well recently with their picks?

Paging Kevin Colbert...
The last 6 1st rnd picks all have been defense: Jones, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, Watt, and Edmunds. Two busts (Jones and Burns), one medicore player in Dupree, two good picks (Shazier and Watt) and one incomplete.

We blame Butler for the defense but Colbert's drafting is another reason we are home for the playoffs.

Football in Pittsburgh ends tomorrow... with the Pitt Panthers. Vegas lets you bet on nearly everything but can't imagine anyone would have laid money on that in August
What was the spread on the Steelers today? I thought taking the bengals was a slam dunk, given their record and the fact they were playing a backup QB.

Paging Kevin Colbert...
The last 6 1st rnd picks all have been defense: Jones, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, Watt, and Edmunds. Two busts (Jones and Burns), one medicore player in Dupree, two good picks (Shazier and Watt) and one incomplete.

We blame Butler for the defense but Colbert's drafting is another reason we are home for the playoffs.
It’s worth a look to see how Lebeau/Tomlin draft picks turned out vs Butler/Tomlin draft picks.

Anyone know?

Because they have a higher succcess rate drafting from 19 or 20 vs 25 or 27.

Also a much shorter path to climb if they decide they want to trade up to top 15 or 10 for a special player.
Use Lev Bells #3 to move up a spot this year? Probably not enough in round 1 but certainly later.

Paging Kevin Colbert...

How much is it Colbert and how much TOmlin. Also Edmunds was a huge reach and does not look like he'll be anything more than mediocre like Durpree. Another great athlete thats a meh football player as he lacks the instincts needed to play the game at a high level.

The Steelers needed to trade up and get a starting MLB and stood pat and reached. They could have used Bell as trade bate then and at least got something of value for him

I agree with everyone who says they need better coaching on the defensive side of the ball. I think some of those first rounders would do a lot better if they had some guidance.

Some changes should be made with the assistant coaches and how they operate the draft and free agency. They need to be more aggressive. They just stand pat too often when moves could be made to improve the team.

Use Lev Bells #3 to move up a spot this year? Probably not enough in round 1 but certainly later.

Top 10 is going to be HEAVY DL. Plus throw in a qb or 2. There's always a cb and OT that go high. I think Devin Whte is who they should go all out for and move up with whatever it takes. I see White going around 14. That requires about 300-400 points, which would be their 2nd round pick. I'd do it and keep both 3rd's. Use them on WR and OL.

Sign a cb to play opposite Haden.

Top 10 is going to be HEAVY DL. Plus throw in a qb or 2. There's always a cb and OT that go high. I think Devin Whte is who they should go all out for and move up with whatever it takes. I see White going around 14. That requires about 300-400 points, which would be their 2nd round pick. I'd do it and keep both 3rd's. Use them on WR and OL.

Sign a cb to play opposite Haden.
Sensabaugh has done fine. But I’m in the minority it seems on that. I want to improve the LB spots (inside and out). That’s my priority. But...unless Dupree gets hurt, he’s the starter & there will not be any splash plays out of that position.

Sensabaugh has done fine. But I’m in the minority it seems on that. I want to improve the LB spots (inside and out). That’s my priority. But...unless Dupree gets hurt, he’s the starter & there will not be any splash plays out of that position.

Sensabaugh is ok. IMO, he's gonna go get overpaid on the free agent market. I want the Steelers to go after Jason Verrett. 2 season ending injuries in a row, only 5'10", but he was a badass corner for San Diego.

What was the spread on the Steelers today? I thought taking the bengals was a slam dunk, given their record and the fact they were playing a backup QB.

As high as 14.5 early, closed around 13.5 at most places.

As reported on The Fan this morning AB wasn't injured he decided not to play.

Why to go Mike.
Apparently according to the fan Tomlin keep this from his team.

Tomlin couldn't run a daycare center let alone being an nfl coach.

3 playoff wins in 8 yrs.
Chaos in the lockeroom.
Tomlin loses to teams with records of .500 or below slot

The Fan guys this morning aren't happy with Tomlin.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT