ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Impressing Early In Philly!

Here is a hypothetical for you. I think Rooney told Tomlin that if don't fix the QB situation, you'll be employed elsewhere next season. Why? If you're Rooney, you see the pick and all the decision making with drafting Pickett, signing Mitch, handling Rudolph, hiring Canada, etc and say - "this was done on your watch Mike." "You signed off on all of this." That's probably why it was reported that Kenny was going to be benched after the Cleveland game and Canada was going to keep his job. It appeared there is/was some serious riff going on between ownership and management.

I don't know what exactly happened, but I'd lay money that there was plenty behind-the-scenes drama going on from the locker room all the way up to Rooney's office. Think Najee alluded to it. And I'm still not sure if Rooney forced his hand on Canada or if it was locker room issues that did it.

What I don't get is how the QB situation is in any way fixed. Wilson is even worse than KP was under Canada at attacking the middle of the field, and he sacks himself in a similar fashion. Really not sure what KP was supposed to learn from him. Fields has all the same weaknesses AND turns the ball over at a rate that'd make Turnover Tommy Maddox wince. What's he supposed to learn from RW? Check down behind the LOS at an alarming rate, perhaps? I *hope* that there's a longer-range plan here that involves drafting a QB (my preference) or spending big in FA to acquire one.

Reactions: 303vND
PPG UNDER CANADA

2008 - 20 PPG
2009 - 23 PPG
2010 - 27 PPG
2011 - 38 PPG
2012 - 30 PPG
2013 - 23 PPG
2014 - 30 PPG
2015 - 33 PPG
2016 - 40 PPG
2017 - 27 PPG
2018 - 28 PPG

Literally terrible is a stretch - he was pretty average outside of a few seasons.

Canada was at his best when he was systematic and I'm not defending him but I don't think he had full reigns of his offense once he left PITT. I don't think Durkin let him have complete reigns and I remember Orgeron not buying into all of the shifts/motions and jet action stuff. Rothlisberger did not want to go under center and to me when Canada was at his best it's when he was under center. When Canada was really systematic, he was excellent. When he's trying to play straight up, his feel for the game is poor.

I suspect Canada will pick up a job as an OC at the FCS level or he'll get hired on as an analyst or position coach at the FBS level in a year or 2.
Only three years there address what I’m talking about?

He leaves PITT then
Fired
Fired again
Fired again

That’s pretty awful

I don't know what exactly happened, but I'd lay money that there was plenty behind-the-scenes drama going on from the locker room all the way up to Rooney's office. Think Najee alluded to it. And I'm still not sure if Rooney forced his hand on Canada or if it was locker room issues that did it.

What I don't get is how the QB situation is in any way fixed. Wilson is even worse than KP was under Canada at attacking the middle of the field, and he sacks himself in a similar fashion. Really not sure what KP was supposed to learn from him. Fields has all the same weaknesses AND turns the ball over at a rate that'd make Turnover Tommy Maddox wince. What's he supposed to learn from RW? Check down behind the LOS at an alarming rate, perhaps? I *hope* that there's a longer-range plan here that involves drafting a QB (my preference) or spending big in FA to acquire one.
Tommy Maddox was a way better QB than Kenny, he threw for 6000+ yards and 38 TDs in 2 seasons as a starter, it will take KP 6 years to throw 38 TDs, he won 10 games and a playoff game in his best year, and in that playoff win came from behind 24-7 in the 3rd quarter with his arm, in fact he held the Steelers single game record of 479 yards in a game until Ben started having 500 yard games, the main problem with him was he was about as athletic as an insurance agent.

Tommy Maddox was a way better QB than Kenny, he threw for 6000+ yards and 38 TDs in 2 seasons as a starter, it will take KP 6 years to throw 38 TDs, he won 10 games and a playoff game in his best year, and in that playoff win came from behind 24-7 in the 3rd quarter with his arm, in fact he held the Steelers single game record of 479 yards in a game until Ben started having 500 yard games, the main problem with him was he was about as athletic as an insurance agent.
LOL, not this again. You are truly mentally handicapped.

If this is even true, I am sure that dinner wasn’t close to as good as what the new Steelers QBs served up. Couldn’t possibly be.
It was better - Kenny didn't do it to get likes and clicks. He did it because he truly cared about his teammates. And his NIL wasn't $39MM - the money they paid the current QB to go away.

LOL, not this again. You are truly mentally handicapped.
If you think Kenny ever played better than Tommy Maddox did in 2002, you are truly low IQ in the "R word" spectrum :).

Avoiding interceptions isn't the be all and end all, scoring TDs matters, Kenny is deficient in that area.

Reactions: Schaef60
I dropped my phone in water several days ago and had to order a new one. I log back in to see over 300 messages on this thread and an awful devolving conversation that shifted from focusing on Kenny finally getting some positive pub to piranhas diving in to double down on the "he sucks" train. Dear God🤪. Truth is he got the living "shxt beat out of him physically and mentally here. The man got drafted, got married Im happy for Kenny and I pray the Steelers never draft another Pitt player as long as I live because I think James caught a bit of a raw deal here too and took much blame for awful coaching and blocking and he was tasked with trying to replace Lev Bell. Lots of people forget before Canada it was Fichtner....he sucked too.

I dropped my phone in water several days ago and had to order a new one. I log back in to see over 300 messages on this thread and an awful devolving conversation that shifted from focusing on Kenny finally getting some positive pub to piranhas diving in to double down on the "he sucks" train. Dear God🤪. Truth is he got the living "shxt beat out of him physically and mentally here. The man got drafted, got married Im happy for Kenny and I pray the Steelers never draft another Pitt player as long as I live because I think James caught a bit of a raw deal here too and took much blame for awful coaching and blocking and he was tasked with trying to replace Lev Bell. Lots of people forget before Canada it was Fichtner....he sucked too.
One of the biggest problems with both KP and James was they were frequently injured and couldn't take the field.

Reactions: Pitt79
One of the biggest problems with both KP and James was they were frequently injured and couldn't take the field.
All that stuff I said and THIS is your response🤣🤣🤣 I guess he should have blocked fkr himself too....same with James. Some of you people are insufferable
oh no! animation GIF by Job, Joris & Marieke

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT