ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas Southern band member punches heckler during football game

Check out the video in this article. The tuba player is coordinated.

The tuba player needs to be arrested and charged with at least assault. There is no reason for the tuba player to have punched the guy, NONE. The dude should be kicked out of the band immediately and suspended by the university for his criminal behavior.

Pick your battles wisely and don’t start a fist fight with some standing two feet below you, especially when you lead with your chin.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The tuba player needs to be arrested and charged with at least assault. There is no reason for the tuba player to have punched the guy, NONE. The dude should be kicked out of the band immediately and suspended by the university for his criminal behavior.
Regardless of what was said? What if he was threatening the tuba player.

Well, sometimes there are reasons someone needs to take one to the chops....at least in a world that contains real men..Seems to me there was no reason to get up in this kid's face in the first place, NONE.

Reactions: 303vND
Well, sometimes there are reasons someone needs to take one to the chops....at least in a world that contains real men..Seems to me there was no reason to get up in this kid's face in the first place, NONE.
You still can't just go out and hit someone without there being consequences for your actions. Even in your "real men world", there are consequences for out actions. Calling someone a name, does not give that person that is being called a name,the right to assault the person who did the name calling.

Reactions: Mufasa94
Imagine if he left a scar. That genius will have to go through describing how he got his ass kicked by a guy with a tuba.

The heckler asked for it. The tuba player should have hit him harder. You get into someone's face, you deserve a negative reaction.

I think one of the bigger takeaways is the fact that it was recorded. Recorded, and put on the intertubes.

It seems that there are people recording every event they witness.

I find that fascinating. And a little sad.

Before we go declaring the tuba player the next Smoking Joe Frasier... it's the tackle from the guy behind the heckler that actually brought him down. Those four punches seemed to have a similar effect to a light wind.

Reactions: Mufasa94
Right. absolutely no need to throw those punches...

... when you have a tuba.
He’s overweight and in the band. Surely he’s faced years and years of systemic oppression. He just has pent up frustrations. Perfectly acceptable that he assaulted the dope in front of him.

Reactions: pittmeister
Obviously some of you have never met a tuba player before. They are some of the most unstable people you’ll ever meet…

These kids started out with dreams of playing the cool instruments like the trumpet or the saxophone. But because they were fat and full of wind, they were stuck playing a tuba…. It’s like a badge of dishonor.

Psychologically, this scars them for the rest of their lives…Everybody loves a saxophone player, but nobody loves a tuba player…☹️

So the next time you see a tuba player, give them a hug…. and pack a gun just in case….🤷

So dudes are free to insult the women in your life right to your face without fear of any physical repercussion....kinda sad
upj87...I know this may be hard for you to accept or understand, bur just because someone has said something that you consider to be mean, rude or offensive, that doesn't give you the right to physically assault someone. Now if that person is becomes a physical threat, then yes go ahead and respond accordingly. The lack of respect for each other in this country is sad.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Do you have any proof that he was threatening the tuba player? What is the tuba player is just a plain douche bag with anger issues? Isn't playing the "what if" game fun?
I agree. We don’t know what happened. You’ve been very definitive even knowing you don’t know what was said which is strange. I plainly stated above I don’t know what was said. So that only means it can be what if.

So not knowing what was said, I don’t know who I’d support. Need the full story which I doubt we’ll ever know.

Before we go declaring the tuba player the next Smoking Joe Frasier... it's the tackle from the guy behind the heckler that actually brought him down. Those four punches seemed to have a similar effect to a light wind.
lol, just re-watched, yeah, the 4 punches had zero effect, the old guy pulling him back with one arm was what did it..

Life isn’t bad enough that you are going to a Texas southern vs Jackson state college football game, but you go and get beaten up by a guy in the band.

Let’s pray for this guy, he’s hit rock bottom
What's wrong with going to a Texas Southern v. Jackson State game? You've probably never stepped on a HBCU campus.

upj87...I know this may be hard for you to accept or understand, bur just because someone has said something that you consider to be mean, rude or offensive, that doesn't give you the right to physically assault someone. Now if that person is becomes a physical threat, then yes go ahead and respond accordingly. The lack of respect for each other in this country is sad.
uh, no I understand. I do. The lack of honor and chivalry in the country kind of has a sadness to it also. You stated there is absolutely no reason for this kid's response. I feel otherwise. As we do not know what was said we can only speculate. I speculated the worst. Assume he called this kid's mother a c**t and a whore in rage and up in his face, even in that case you want his life ruined by jail time and expulsion for taking a couple quick pops at him.... Who is the kind hearted caring one here again? There's law and there's justice...sometimes they do not coexist.

Last edited:
I've never tried throwing a punch with a 40lb instrument wrapped around my shoulders, but if I ever do I hope I'm not filmed.

What's wrong with going to a Texas Southern v. Jackson State game? You've probably never stepped on a HBCU campus.
you'd be 100% correct. well i was on howard's campus multiple times in DC, for work though, trust me, not for pleasure..

Do you have any proof that he was threatening the tuba player? What is the tuba player is just a plain douche bag with anger issues? Isn't playing the "what if" game fun?
Well the problem is that some people take it too far and pretend the situation in front of them isn’t obvious. They will play dumb (or are they just dumb?) just to be irritating.

It would appear to…well, pretty much any normal person, that one guy was screaming into the face of another and got punched as a result.

To the dullards among us, it might appear that the tuba player just has anger issues and happened to punch a random person for no reason.

guys punch each other all the time, doesnt have to be a good guy and a bad guy. lets not try and figure this riddle out fellas, again, sometimes dudes just yell at each other and punch each other.

no one really got hurt here, no real victims, everyone went on with their day fine..

guys punch each other all the time, doesnt have to be a good guy and a bad guy. lets not try and figure this riddle out fellas, again, sometimes dudes just yell at each other and punch each other.

no one really got hurt here, no real victims, everyone went on with their day fine..

I once got punched in the ear by a dude nicknamed Eyeball. If I ever get punched in the eyeball by a dude nicknamed Ear, man... you almost have to put that up there with hitting for the cycle in a playoff game.

I've never tried throwing a punch with a 40lb instrument wrapped around my shoulders, but if I ever do I hope I'm not filmed.

If I had a dollar for every time a 40-pound instrument I was lugging around served as an impediment...

6578480adf44fac8fe02c46350c3859c.gif

The heckler 🤡 looked like he deserved it. He got knocked out by a guy using one hand and holding a huge instrument 🤣

That tuba player was awesome. He threw those punches then went back to playing as if nothing happened 😂🤣.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT