ADVERTISEMENT

Over / Under on how bad Hafley / Cignetti whoop Narduzzi / Whipple

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
This is going to be Fugly. The Corporate Executive vs. the Gym Teacher.

I can only imagine the bad Karma coming Pitt's way for being dumb enough to fire those two. Typical Pitt.

This is going to be Fugly. The Corporate Executive vs. the Gym Teacher.

I can only imagine the bad Karma coming Pitt's way for being dumb enough to fire those two. Typical Pitt.
Why don’t you bet your house on BC if you are so sure? You could even get 6 points.

If I remember correctly, this board was full of the Hafley 'terrible coach/good recruiter' advocates when he was here. Now, all of a sudden, he is Nick Saban all over again. And, some couldn't wait till Cignetti left. Why? Because they they are playing Pitt, and the negative Nancies just love to demean the coaches and program.

If I remember correctly, this board was full of the Hafley 'terrible coach/good recruiter' advocates when he was here. Now, all of a sudden, he is Nick Saban all over again. And, some couldn't wait till Cignetti left. Why? Because they they are playing Pitt, and the negative Nancies just love to demean the coaches and program.
Amen my brother and the beat goes on with these douche bags

People were making fun of Chryst on this board when he was our coach. They said he was a .500 coach who couldn’t recruit and had no personality. Now all of a sudden PC is a very good coach at Wisky. At some point the dolts like the OP need to wake up.

Pitt will win

and I will post “scoreboard dumbass” again

by starting this thread... you have now ensured it

I hope you are right but I doubt it. If BC kicks Pitt's ass ( because they are a lot better than NC State ) what are you going to post? Extend Narduzzi?

People were making fun of Chryst on this board when he was our coach. They said he was a .500 coach who couldn’t recruit and had no personality. Now all of a sudden PC is a very good coach at Wisky. At some point the dolts like the OP need to wake up.
well at pitt this is exactly what he was, a 500% coach with no personality who couldnt recruit. i mean, this is the perfect example of exactly what he was.. he was 19-19 at pitt. actually, a tad misleading due to some fcs wins. in conference, he was 10-13.

So 500% is kind of over shooting his time here. who cares what he is doing at wisconsin, that's irrelevant to his time at pitt.

Please do not insult Jeff Hafley by comparing him to Nick Saban.

well at pitt this is exactly what he was, a 500% coach with no personality who couldnt recruit. i mean, this is the perfect example of exactly what he was.. he was 19-19 at pitt. actually, a tad misleading due to some fcs wins. in conference, he was 10-13.

So 500% is kind of over shooting his time here. who cares what he is doing at wisconsin, that's irrelevant to his time at pitt.
The one constant is Pitt. Therein lies your answer as to why Pitt has been average for the good part of 35 years.

Reactions: jctrack
I hope you are right but I doubt it. If BC kicks Pitt's ass ( because they are a lot better than NC State ) what are you going to post? Extend Narduzzi?

Dude, this is Pitt. It is not out of the question for Pitt to lose to little sisters of the poor and beat the Steelers in the same season. BC being better than NC St has no baring on the outcome of this game. What Pitt team shows up will.

Reactions: JSSTartan
more relevant would be your posts when they were on Wanny's staff. We should ask Peak to dig those out.

In fairness we are talking what 15 plus years. Opinions of a persons ability can change a lot in that time frame because they showed improvement. I do believe Hafley fits in this category.

I thought Pitt fans had a consensus in the Wanny era that Hafley was a good recruiter and bad defensive back coach. I think they were right?

Anyway Pitt 28 - BC 24. Expecting a good one.

Pitt has better players but its a coaching mismatch for sure.
I say overall Pitt has better players but I believe it's a lot closer than people think. Their offensive line is like light years better than ours. And I still remember last year when it was a one-on-one between their best skill player, RB Dillon, and our best skill player, Paris Ford, and their player beat ours. Thankfully Dillon is in the NFL but they still have a stable of strong RBs.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT