ADVERTISEMENT

PA releases guidance on sports and fans for Pros, College, and High schools.

If I am reading this correctly, even in the green, the most fans you can have is 250.

We can just say were protesting and fill up the stadium on Saturdays! Seemed to work for our Fuhrer gov in Philly!

Reactions: ddc17
The first paragraphs of the release contained a few falsehoods. Therefore, some of the guidelines are based on false info.

“The virus that causes the Coronavirus 2019 Disease (“COVID-19”) is easily transmitted, especially in group settings, and it is essential that the spread of the virus be slowed to safeguard public health and safety.

COVID-19 can be transmitted from infected individuals even if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are mild, such as a cough. It can also be spread by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes. This guidance document addresses the procedures sports organizations and teams must follow to limit the spread of COVID-19 to the extent they are permitted to conduct in-person operations.”

The first paragraphs of the release contained a few falsehoods. Therefore, everything the guidelines are based on is false.

“The virus that causes the Coronavirus 2019 Disease (“COVID-19”) is easily transmitted, especially in group settings, and it is essential that the spread of the virus be slowed to safeguard public health and safety.

COVID-19 can be transmitted from infected individuals even if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are mild, such as a cough. It can also be spread by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes. This guidance document addresses the procedures sports organizations and teams must follow to limit the spread of COVID-19 to the extent they are permitted to conduct in-person operations.”

Which part of that statement runs counter to the CDC guidance?

Which part of that statement runs counter to the CDC guidance?
Well to be accurate, I don’t know the differences anymore between cDC guidance and WHO...as Covid is soooo yesterday.

but it’s said not to be easily transmissible on surfaces now, and WHO said that asymptomatic individuals virtually have 0% chance of spreading the virus.

Well to be accurate, I don’t know the differences anymore between cDC guidance and WHO...as Covid is soooo yesterday.

but it’s said not to be easily transmissible on surfaces now, and WHO said that asymptomatic individuals virtually have 0% chance of spreading the virus.

It’s so yesterday except the states where it’s increasing. Despite the board geniuses who said it would go away when it got hot. And Arizona in particular where the hospitals are now on alert.

The WHO has already backtracked a bit on the asymptomatic statement.

Yeah, that was all walked back. It's still the guidance and was just updated on June 4th.

It’s so yesterday except the states where it’s increasing. Despite the board geniuses who said it would go away when it got hot. And Arizona in particular where the hospitals are now on alert.

So yesterday in regards to press coverage and the drastic easing of social distancing protocols. I said on another board that I expect a spike based on what I saw over Memorial Day while vacationing. And that’s to be expected after states reopened. Hopefully we keep the stated goal of preventing the fall of our healthcare system.

So yesterday in regards to press coverage and the drastic easing of social distancing protocols. I said on another board that I expect a spike based on what I saw over Memorial Day while vacationing. And that’s to be expected after states reopened. Hopefully we keep the stated goal of preventing the fall of our healthcare system.

Ahhh. Fair enough. Gotcha. My bad. And I agree. Can’t imagine all the demonstrations won’t prove to be problematic as it relates to the virus either.

Yeah, that was all walked back. It's still the guidance and was just updated on June 4th.
This whole thing is so damm stupid. I am so sick of a terrible governor saying how many people can attend a college football game.

This sh*t could go on forever!!!

Reactions: Celtsfan
CDC? It has been my experience that tackling someone from 6 feet away is nearly impossible.

If I am reading this correctly, even in the green, the most fans you can have is 250.

Its 250 people TOTAL.

That includes “student athletes, coaches, athletic staff, officials, spectators, site staff, and any other individuals on site during the event“

So, football at least, that means no fans

How dare he follow federal guidelines! Again, it's all on the CDC website that says events over 250 people should be cancelled,

But can't common sense be used also? 250 people in a HS stadium that holds 5000? Can we use common sense and say "hey Woodland Hills you can have 3,000 at your game, Monessen you can have 1,500 at your stadium. Jefferson Morgan sorry you only can have 250."

That is the part that kills me. The one size fits all approach is horrible. I had 4 cousins die during this pandemic (non covid related, 3 cancer 1 heart attack.) 2 we were barred from having any kind of service for them. 1 was 2 weeks ago when we were in yellow going green and only 25 were allowed to go to the mass. A church that holds over 1000 people and only 25 allowed in. The last cousin who died this past week was business as usual.

To me the guidelines should read 6 feet apart (or whatever distance is chosen), your venue can have as many people as long as that guideline is met.

If I understand this correctly there will be no fans in the stadium this fall?
Is that right?
Wait till ups gets ahold of this! Fuhrer Wolf will be a person non grata in state college.
But on a good note there will be no traffic on 22 and 322 on Saturdays this fall!

But can't common sense be used also? 250 people in a HS stadium that holds 5000? Can we use common sense and say "hey Woodland Hills you can have 3,000 at your game, Monessen you can have 1,500 at your stadium. Jefferson Morgan sorry you only can have 250."

That is the part that kills me. The one size fits all approach is horrible. I had 4 cousins die during this pandemic (non covid related, 3 cancer 1 heart attack.) 2 we were barred from having any kind of service for them. 1 was 2 weeks ago when we were in yellow going green and only 25 were allowed to go to the mass. A church that holds over 1000 people and only 25 allowed in. The last cousin who died this past week was business as usual.

To me the guidelines should read 6 feet apart (or whatever distance is chosen), your venue can have as many people as long as that guideline is met.

I don’t know the premise for the CDC guideline but I’m not sure “common sense” holds up well against science when you’re trying to formulate public policy.

Reality will likely be much different because enforcement is local and as we’ve seen, Officer Billy Bob isn’t going to throw anyone in jail for ignoring public health and safety unless it’s a bunch of kids on skateboards or the local Karen gets worked up.

Reactions: USN_Panther

By virtually you mean 16% approximate case

A few of the highlights:
  • Participants will have to limit physical contact, including shaking hands, fist pumps and high fives, and shared water coolers will not be permitted. -- Early on this won't be much of an issue as it's pretty much just conditioning. But at what point will football be allowed contact? There's also quite a bit of contact in soccer as well.
  • Chewing gum, eating sunflower seeds, spitting and licking fingers will also not be allowed. -- Chewing gum is interesting...it's gonna be hard to monitor and prevent those last two.
  • Adults will be required to wear face coverings at all times and social distancing will be required at all times possible, including in the field of play. -- This will be a challenge for any coach that needs to partake in any physical activity while outdoors. Imagine you're the cross country coach running with your team and you're required to wear a mask while running upwards of 10 miles for training.
  • Coaches will also have to screen athletes and staff before and during games to ensure they are not showing symptoms, and if a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher is detected or they are sick, they will be required to leave and go home. -- I wonder how many schools already have devices to screen athletes.
I was a bit surprised the PIAA did not offer details for specific sports. Though I saw what North Carolina had planned and in phase one they should have just announced conditioning only because it was near impossible to do anything else with the regulations they had in place.

Yeah where did the experts go? They're the authorities on this whole situation ;)

Reactions: Farnox
But come on now people think they are entitled to their bread and circus etc.
You seem like a good guy but on this I think you are wrong.. So much of what was done by the "experts" and governors now seems like an overreaction to this virus.

You seem like a good guy but on this I think you are wrong.. So much of what was done by the "experts" and governors now seems like an overreaction to this virus.

With all that was done there’s 115k dead and we’re not even close to being done. But YMMV. I guess.

If the football season were starting today then yeah, that's what it would mean. But I checked, and the season doesn't actually start for another 2-1/2 months. Things will change before then. Probably more than once.

Things change almost every other day now. As we get into July and August, things will change even more. It could go either way. They may say sporting events of thousands can take place with precautions, or they may say no sporting events with fans at all. And participants must wear masks. There are a lot of nut cases out there formulating policy and they don't know much.

Just isolate the vulnerable and let everyone else return to normal life.

Who are the vulnerable? 60% of the 2 million cases are adults between the ages of 18 and 49. In Arizona, which has had a huge spike in cases in the last week — 3 weeks after the state reopened and 2 weeks after big crowds in pools and water parks on Memorial Day weekend — 11 hospitals now have reached ICU capacity. Even though ventilators now are used only as a last resort for treatment, they have asked to borrow ventilators from California. They aren’t yet publishing detailed age group breakdowns for the hospitalized patients, but one ICU Nurse from Tucson said today that the ICU patients at her hospital are younger than the early virus-infected patients were.

In California, where we finally have wide testing, only 3% of the people tested in the last week were positive. That is the lowest percentage ever. But, California just started reopening on June 4, so the testing still reflects the lockdown. In Arizona, over 15% tested positive. Arizona testing isn’t as widespread and it is only testing people who either have symptoms or have been in contact with virus-positive people, so the numbers aren’t a direct comparison.

It seems as if the mortality rate is lower among patients under 40, but they also are spending more time in the hospital. 30 to 60 days is not uncommon.

It seems as if the mortality rate is lower among patients under 40, but they also are spending more time in the hospital. 30 to 60 days is not uncommon.

Where are you getting your info from that it's common for the 40 and under group to spend 30-60 days in the hospital?

Reactions: pittdan77
Why do you think that? Opening back up seems to be sending the numbers the wrong way again.

I think it's important to track the % of deaths and compare the rate from the jump till now to see if what kind of grip we've got on it now.

The cases are going to continue to rise regardless until we have treatment.

I think it's important to track the % of deaths and compare the rate from the jump till now to see if what kind of grip we've got on it now.

The cases are going to continue to rise regardless until we have treatment.

Deaths aren’t the only metric that is meaningful. How long could you afford to be sick? I know someone who is over 60 days and still miserably sick. 28 for a friend of mine. Lost wages? Hospital bills? I’m not cool with either.

I’m okay with practical solutions but this unwillingness to concern ourselves with a huge public health issue is preposterous. Rat droppings in the corner of the HS cafeteria probably won’t kill any students either but we all know that it can’t be allowed. Why is this different?

Deaths aren’t the only metric that is meaningful. How long could you afford to be sick? I know someone who is over 60 days and still miserably sick. 28 for a friend of mine. Lost wages? Hospital bills? I’m not cool with either.

I’m okay with practical solutions but this unwillingness to concern ourselves with a huge public health issue is preposterous. Rat droppings in the corner of the HS cafeteria probably won’t kill any students either but we all know that it can’t be allowed. Why is this different?

do we have a average % of days spent in the hospital for covid patients?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT