ADVERTISEMENT

Pens have to make this a good night

Rutherford is going to do something big I have a feeling. Back in 2015-16, it was firing Mike Johnston. This year, I think he is going to trade one of the big names. Letang will be tough to move due to his big contract, but I think it’s either him or Kessel.

Ooooof. They are BRUTAL. Still early and plenty of time to turn it around but something is very wrong. And it’s not just Murray and his glove hand.

Sullivan is going to get the ax. It’s the Saturday before Thanksgiving. If he’s still coaching the Saturday before Christmas I will be shocked. The parallels to Torterella are becoming apparent and that doesn’t bode well for him.

Reactions: BigBird80
Team does look like one playing to get their coach fired. A tried and true tradition with Penguin teams.

Sullivan is going to get the ax. It’s the Saturday before Thanksgiving. If he’s still coaching the Saturday before Christmas I will be shocked. The parallels to Torterella are becoming apparent and that doesn’t bode well for him.

Normally I'd say no way, but if the Pens could get Quennville I'd say go for it.

Does he still have options? If so, I'd send him down to see if he can regain his form/confidence.

Just win enough to get into the playoffs. Make some moves in March or so if they present themselves. See if the team can turn on the switch for the playoffs.

They may well dump Sullivan, just because that's what the Pens do. They have an owner who didn't exactly have much use for coaches himself after all.

It's obvious there is no switch to "turn on" for this team. It's not likely there's much that can be done to "fix" them this year. Too much needed, I'd guess. Extending Hornqvist and signing Johnson were mistakes. They have an aging duo of superstars. Top priority is getting younger around those two. Too much loyalty being shown to vets and friends of the franchise player. The coach may have already worn out his welcome. The Ian Cole fiasco last season is enough justification to send him packing.

Look at GM Rutherford............. this guy knows what he is doing...... you pos...... make moves 2 quick.

It's obvious there is no switch to "turn on" for this team. It's not likely there's much that can be done to "fix" them this year. Too much needed, I'd guess. Extending Hornqvist and signing Johnson were mistakes. They have an aging duo of superstars. Top priority is getting younger around those two. Too much loyalty being shown to vets and friends of the franchise player. The coach may have already worn out his welcome. The Ian Cole fiasco last season is enough justification to send him packing.
Spot on.

1 game in an 84 game exhibition season is extremely insignificant compared to winning a Division and a spot in a prestigious championship game. Just saying

Did we not learn anything from the Steelers and Pitts start to the season?

Last edited:
no he is not............ I ll try to fix a goalie that has already gone through 8 rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
You have a time machine ?

He stunk last year and is no better this season.

He had a really nice 1.3 seasons.

Being a number 1 goalie isn’t a lifetime appointment. It has to be earned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT