ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett says he may not play in Peach Bowl

Of course it does. If another coordinator screws up the game plan and KP looks bad, it could hurt his draft value.
Trust me, unless Pickett gets hurt,it would not matter how bad he would play in a bowl game. Do you really think the NFL scouts would throw away 13 games for 1 bowl game? Not happening. What is much more important is the Senior Bowl. Pickett will practice under an NFL staff and in front of all 32 teams.

Trust me, unless Pickett gets hurt,it would not matter how bad he would play in a bowl game. Do you really think the NFL scouts would throw away 13 games for 1 bowl game? Not happening. What is much more important is the Senior Bowl. Pickett will practice under an NFL staff and in front of all 32 teams.
They lose sleep over everything before a guy is drafted.

Is it flag football? How about if he gets hurt in that game?

I'll be surprised if he bolts. I'm sure it's an emotional thing to hear that his mentor is gone but in a week or two his friends will start gearing up for practice again and I think he'll want to finish it out. I think being a 5th year senior and having gone through so much craziness will factor in.

Of course, I also would have to laugh if he does bolt. Fitz was the first Soph to do so and I believe Heyward was the first to leave as a junior without going the supplemental route (maybe Kosar was though?). Then there was Curtis Martin who actually left early AFTER missing a year with an injury against the advice of everyone on the planet but his agent.

Pitt has always been a stepping stone and not a destination for players and coaches. I hope this team and Pickett are the deflection point of that mindset.

I think he'll play, too. This is just Kenny doing some pre-game psyching to set off the MSU guys. And he's laughing.

Is it flag football? How about if he gets hurt in that game?
Of course there is risk of a injury and even a minor injury that keeps him out of workouts for 4 to 6 weeks could negatively effect him in the draft. I do agree if he plays poorly or well, his performance in the bowl game won't matter much.

Of course there is risk of a injury and even a minor injury that keeps him out of workouts for 4 to 6 weeks could negatively effect him in the draft. I do agree if he plays poorly or well, his performance in the bowl game won't matter much.
Trevor Lawrence had shoulder surgery prior to the draft. It obviously had no effect and a minor injury wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if a player is a legit top pick.

Trevor Lawrence had shoulder surgery prior to the draft. It obviously had no effect and a minor injury wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if a player is a legit top pick.

Yea, these minor injuries will have no affect. If Kenny breaks his wrist, his stick isn't falling at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT