ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett traded to Eagles per Adam Schefter

Not sure I see the gifted part. His upside is no better than KPs And I’d take KP over him.

The kid from Oregon has a much higher upside than KP But I doubt he’ll be around in the second round. They had way too many needs to be wasting a pick on a qb in the first or second round

I'm not a Bo Nix fan. He threw a ton of balls behind the LOS or just beyond it.

Penix has more upside than Pickett; it's just that he might also be a complete disaster.

The knock on Pickett coming our was his low ceiling/lack of upside.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I don't know if KP would have developed into a productive starting QB, but the big mistake was in how they handled him. Throwing him in unprepared behind a mediocre O-line, no running game, and a putrid OC really handcuffed his progress.
Took Bradshaw 3-4 years to get players around him so he could be successful. Sad and unfortunate situation for KP. H2P

Totally rudderless organization.
I’ll just say KP was a mismanaged asset. No first team snaps in camp. Mitch given the starting job. KP thrown in with little prep midseason. Horrible pro OC, no center and a putrid OL. No running game and simplistic passing game for most of his tenure. Sure, he needed to step up, but he had a lot going against him. Shake the dust off your sandals and move on.

Dulac has always been a nitter loving idiot who has never got anything correct for a supposed steeler "insider". Basically prints what Lauton wants them to say. He has no credible "sources"
Ok, then why did the Steelers trade him, for almost nothing, if it was not something to do with how he reacted to Wilson's signing? There is no other reason for them to make this trade - he did not want to be here.

Reactions: TD_6082
Most of the winning was because the D held the opposition to little points

I can tell you that the Jets defense is better than ours and Zack Wilson can't win shit. There's plenty of backup dudes who can't win games.

There is a lot to digest from the Pickett trade. From what I'm reading, the turning point was his teammates had lost faith in him:

Diontae Johnson — no longer part of that locker room himself — made it clear in the immediate aftermath of the season, saying that he hoped Rudolph got the starting job.

Other players made their preference known more discreetly, but the damage was still done. New quarterback Russell Wilson talked on Friday about how Steelers defenders Cam Heyward, T.J. Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick lobbied Wilson to come to Pittsburgh

"Wilson also said that he went out to dinner on Thursday night with Cam, Connor Heyward, Pat Freiermuth, James Harrison and Charlie Batch. It was also reported by Tom Pelissero of NFL Network that Cam Heyward advocated for the Steelers to sign Wilson"

I don't believe that Kenny was treated fairly in the sense he wasn't given the proper support to succeed. I blame this 100% on Tomlin. He kept Canada, which was a HUGE mistake.

If Pickett demonstrated any signs of being a franchise QB, he would still be here and the Steelers never would've signed Wilson. I hope he succeeds elsewhere and eventually lands a starting job again, but if he didn't want to stay and compete then I completely get why the Steelers honored a trade request.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT