ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

And on the same day, his espn colleague, Stephen A Shithead, gushed over the fact that the Steelers got rid of Kenny and Mitch and replaced them with Wilson and Fields.

Being cautiously optimistic and measured is one thing. Many people are. But Stephen A. gushing and having a tingle running up his leg is a really peculiar phenomenon. I can’t put my finger on why he’s so excited to have Fields and Wilson leading his favorite team.
stephen A is the biggest race baiting scum bag on espn and well, that says a lot.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Mike Greenberg might have the most accurate statement on steelers qb i've seen to date..

“The Steelers may have replaced one bad QB with two bad QBs”

Aiyuk would be a financial disaster for a team that doesn't have a starting QB under contract next year. Steelers wouldn't give LeVeon Bell $15 million a year on a team that had legit Super Bowl aspirations but they're allegedly up around $28 million for a guy that might get a dozen touches on a really good day?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Aiyuk would be a financial disaster for a team that doesn't have a starting QB under contract next year. Steelers wouldn't give LeVeon Bell $15 million a year on a team that had legit Super Bowl aspirations but they're allegedly up around $28 million for a guy that might get a dozen touches on a really good day?
times have changed and the steelers are probably the last team to accept this. you need playmakers at the wr and the price tag for that is the going rate..

van jefferson, scottie miller, allen robinson, those types dont get it done..

Reactions: Pitt79 and BTisinDC
times have changed and the steelers are probably the last team to accept this. you need playmakers at the wr and the price tag for that is the going rate..

van jefferson, scottie miller, allen robinson, those types dont get it done..
Not sure Aiyuk is in that category but even if he is, playmaker WR's are generally worthless without a franchise type QB or a butt load of other playmaker. You don't have a QB on the roster in February, you're going to have to trade a lot of draft stock to get him here, and his salary will make signing anyone at QB very difficult unless you really think Justin Fields at a discount will work. Ain't rolling those dice against those odds.

I'm back and forth on the Aiyuk thing. If you don't do it, you are almost certainly punting on this season. That receiving corps without him isn't even good enough to be considered laughable.

A 2nd and 3rd rounder seems like a lot, but realistically - a guaranteed hit at a position of such importance is arguably more valuable than two lottery tickets in those rounds.

The salary... eh. Watt may or may not come off the books soon. On the other hand, you're going to have to acquire a QB somehow. All in all, it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm guessing he'll just stay in San Fran, though.

Not sure Aiyuk is in that category but even if he is, playmaker WR's are generally worthless without a franchise type QB or a butt load of other playmaker. You don't have a QB on the roster in February, you're going to have to trade a lot of draft stock to get him here, and his salary will make signing anyone at QB very difficult unless you really think Justin Fields at a discount will work. Ain't rolling those dice against those odds.
ayiuk is in that category.

but yes, having a good QB is kinda important in football, we all agree. but you cant just put everything else on hold while finding the next joe montana. you still have to put your players and team into a position to succeed.

Last edited:
i always liked rudolph. just wasnt given any real shot here in pittsburgh, tomlin botched the qb situation for about 4+ years now...
But Mason signed a cheap short term backup deal for Tennessee in a rebuild

I liked Mason as a backup qb- he’s a capable backup. .
Maybe that’s Kenny’s future too .

My point is Fields move the clock ahead a year in the QB room -versus Kenny on rookie deal for 2 years z.
So- instead of a capable if unremarkable QB as a backup B for and potential qb next year cheaply - instead-
The bet is Russ balls out - maybe signs a short deal - we lose. Enough ro draft a future qb
We will again be turning over an entire qb room twice in 2 years .
Either retain Kenny cheap or sign Mason for a 2-3 year a a bridge

Prepare. Yourselves - the plan is either to tank and rebuild - or
Hope. Russs is good - signed a cheep short term deal - as a bridge to the future qb

Hope. Russs is good - signed a cheep short term deal - as a bridge to the future qb
I'd be surprised if they tanked...not that it would be a bad thing. You need to be bad to get a good QB. But based on the two scenarios you presented, the Steelers absolutely went with the right directly. Another year of mediocrity at best was not going to move the franchise anywhere. The bet of getting some late-career magic out of Russ or have the lightbulb turn on for Fields may actually bring a playoff win. If Russ hits the age wall and stinks or if Fields goes full-on Chicago mode the Steelers are in perfect position for a QB.

I'd be surprised if they tanked...not that it would be a bad thing. You need to be bad to get a good QB. But based on the two scenarios you presented, the Steelers absolutely went with the right directly. Another year of mediocrity at best was not going to move the franchise anywhere. The bet of getting some late-career magic out of Russ or have the lightbulb turn on for Fields may actually bring a playoff win. If Russ hits the age wall and stinks or if Fields goes full-on Chicago mode the Steelers are in perfect position for a QB.
And what gives you confidence they would get it right?

But Mason signed a cheap short term backup deal for Tennessee in a rebuild

I liked Mason as a backup qb- he’s a capable backup. .
Maybe that’s Kenny’s future too .

My point is Fields move the clock ahead a year in the QB room -versus Kenny on rookie deal for 2 years z.
So- instead of a capable if unremarkable QB as a backup B for and potential qb next year cheaply - instead-
The bet is Russ balls out - maybe signs a short deal - we lose. Enough ro draft a future qb

this coaching staff has botched the qb room for about 4 years now and continues to do so. i agree.

ayiuk is in that category.
I don't know. SF has more cap space than anyone else and could do that deal pretty quickly if they thought he was worth it. Deebo only has one more year on his big deal and will be turning 29 next year. If Aiyuk is top three, or even top five, at his position, they'd be nuts to let the Steelers have him at any price.

I don't know. SF has more cap space than anyone else and could do that deal pretty quickly if they thought he was worth it. Deebo only has one more year on his big deal and will be turning 29 next year. If Aiyuk is top three, or even top five, at his position, they'd be nuts to let the Steelers have him at any price.
that's crazy they have room. they got:

annual salaries:

bosa making 30m+
left tackle making 23m+
Warner making 20m
our beloved Hargrove 20m+
Kittle 15m
Deebo 24m
McCaffrey 20m

Oh and they have some qb guy coming up that's gonna want about 40M a year too.

And what gives you confidence they would get it right?
IMO, this is another weak QB class coming up. They have a lot to prove this year and if you're in position for a top prospect, you have to try. Depending on who they'd pick, there is a better support system in place with an investment in the OL and an NFL-level offensive coordinator. There is also a front office who understands how to actually build a football team. Colbert was excellent for much of his career and then he lost his fastball at the end.

Well I guess you wouldn't have or believing in having a Pitt Ring of Honor or the number of Pitt players in the HOFs? You sound exactly like a Steeler fan - unfortunately you sound like one that went to Ped U or WVU...not Pitt.
Of course I believe in having a Pitt Ring of Honor or the number of Pitt players in the HOFs, why wouldn't I? Those things have absolutely nothing to do with who I root for when I turn on an NFL game or especially a Steelers game, one has nothing to do with the other. I went to Pitt, lived on Centre Avenue in Oakland. Interestingly, just for fun I still have my Pitt student ID in my wallet, so H2P!!! And... Here We Go Steelers. Here We Go!!!

well it looks more and more like Ayiuk played us for fools to get the offer from the 49ers and if that's not depressing enough, latest rumors are we are looking at Ju Ju lol.

talk about pouring lemon juice in an open wound..

well it looks more and more like Ayiuk played us for fools to get the offer from the 49ers and if that's not depressing enough, latest rumors are we are looking at Ju Ju lol.

If nothing else at least it seems like they'd be willing to spend big money on an important position for a change instead of spending it on another LB

If nothing else at least it seems like they'd be willing to spend big money on an important position for a change instead of spending it on another LB
well great, but now we just have to find an elite WR willing to play in arthur smith's run dominant offense.

Of course I believe in having a Pitt Ring of Honor or the number of Pitt players in the HOFs, why wouldn't I? Those things have absolutely nothing to do with who I root for when I turn on an NFL game or especially a Steelers game, one has nothing to do with the other. I went to Pitt, lived on Centre Avenue in Oakland. Interestingly, just for fun I still have my Pitt student ID in my wallet, so H2P!!! And... Here We Go Steelers. Here We Go!!!
I guess we see things differently - there is no reason for me to root against a Pitt player - irrespective of what pro team they are playing on I'll always root for my Pitt family.

I guess we see things differently - there is no reason for me to root against a Pitt player - irrespective of what pro team they are playing on I'll always root for my Pitt family.
think this never ending debate is whether a steeler fan would root for a former pitt player to beat their beloved stillers or do you root for the stillers to beat up the former pitt player..

that's crazy they have room. they got:

annual salaries:

bosa making 30m+ $14.6
left tackle making 23m+ (Trent Williams $10.8 but holding out)
Warner making 20m $12.6
our beloved Hargrove 20m+ $9.3
Kittle 15m $12.2
Deebo 24m $28.6
McCaffrey 20m $6.7

Oh and they have some qb guy coming up that's gonna want about 40M a year too.
I fixed this year's cap hit above. They're also not carrying a lot of dead money.

Couple of them will fall off the roster. They're not going to re-sign Deebo at anywhere near that price for his next contract. Bosa's contract will get reworked because of how it pushed the cap hit down the road. Warner, McCaffrey, and Kittle are in the same boat although you'd think they'd start looking to move on from guys pushing into their 30's. Basically looking at where the Steelers were towards the end of their run. Guys will get reworked or pushed into retirement.

Like I said, I root for my favorite teams, college football is Pitt, NFL is Steelers, I don't care who the players are, I root for the laundry and the logo they are wearing

think this never ending debate is whether a steeler fan would root for a former pitt player to beat their beloved stillers or do you root for the stillers to beat up the former pitt player..
I'll ask this question - Did anyone have a problem with JC's performance against the Steelers last year?

I'll ask this question - Did anyone have a problem with JC's performance against the Steelers last year?
Actually, I would have preferred the Steelers to win the game, what sane Steelers fan wouldn't? That's the question? You apparently aren't a Steelers fan; you are a fan of individual players in the NFL based on where they went to school.

It didn't bother me when Fitzgerald scored 2 TDs in the Super Bowl vs the Steelers AFTER THE STEELERS WON THE GAME.

Let me ask you? Do you have a favorite NFL team? Do you root for that team to fail when they go against former Pitt players?

Actually, I would have preferred the Steelers to win the game, what sane Steelers fan wouldn't? That's the question? You apparently aren't a Steelers fan; you are a fan of individual players in the NFL based on where they went to school.

It didn't bother me when Fitzgerald scored 2 TDs in the Super Bowl vs the Steelers AFTER THE STEELERS WON THE GAME.

Let me ask you? Do you have a favorite NFL team? Do you root for that team to fail when they go against former Pitt players?
I'm a die hard Steelers fan - going to the opener in Atlanta - your premise wasn't based on the player doing well and the Steelers winning. Your position - or the way I took it, was to have the Pitt player get smashed in a Steeler win - that's not my position. I hope all Pitt players play well.

I'm a die hard Steelers fan - going to the opener in Atlanta - your premise wasn't based on the player doing well and the Steelers winning. Your position - or the way I took it, was to have the Pitt player get smashed in a Steeler win - that's not my position. I hope all Pitt players play well.
My desire is the Steelers WIN, whatever facilitates that best, that includes totally smashing any opponent, don't care what any of the opposing players do, no matter what school they are from.

My desire is the Steelers WIN, whatever facilitates that best, that includes totally smashing any opponent, don't care what any of the opposing players do, no matter what school they are from.
Like I said….we see it differently.

Reactions: Pitt79
Pickett played the first half tonight against the patriots. He was 11-13 for 67 yards. No touchdowns and no interceptions. He was sacked 4 times.

I'm back and forth on the Aiyuk thing. If you don't do it, you are almost certainly punting on this season. That receiving corps without him isn't even good enough to be considered laughable.

A 2nd and 3rd rounder seems like a lot, but realistically - a guaranteed hit at a position of such importance is arguably more valuable than two lottery tickets in those rounds.

The salary... eh. Watt may or may not come off the books soon. On the other hand, you're going to have to acquire a QB somehow. All in all, it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm guessing he'll just stay in San Fran, though.

For a 2nd and 3rd rounder, I would make that deal if I were the Steelers. But I think the 49ers will want more. Not going to matter though without a good QB. Cousins would have been the deal to make.

Pickett played the first half tonight against the patriots. He was 11-13 for 67 yards. No touchdowns and no interceptions. He was sacked 4 times.
That sounds about right. One of those sacks was on a 4th and 8. The other QB led a game-winning drive and Eagle nation is quickly turning on him.

Avante Maddox also had what would have likely been a 105-yard pick six had it not been preseason.

Last edited:
  • Haha
That sounds about right. One of those sacks was on a 4th and 8. The other QB led a game-winning drive and Eagle nation is quickly turning on him.

Avante Maddox also had what would have likely been a 105-yard pick six had it not been preseason.
I know you are one of the worset trolls on this site, but the Eagles are playing all 3rd string+ skill players. They are showing absolutely nothing of their new playbook and all 3 of the backup QBs to Hurts are pretty much only dumping it off or throwing it short. Kenny may or may not be a serviceable QB in the NFL, but this Yinzer revelry and hatred is beyond pathetic.

Eh. I’m indifferent. We will be fine with or without him. No wound here. That’s a lot of money for a player of his pedigree. If there wasn’t a salary cap I’d be really really disappointed though.

I know you are one of the worset trolls on this site, but the Eagles are playing all 3rd string+ skill players. They are showing absolutely nothing of their new playbook and all 3 of the backup QBs to Hurts are pretty much only dumping it off or throwing it short. Kenny may or may not be a serviceable QB in the NFL, but this Yinzer revelry and hatred is beyond pathetic.
I didn’t see the game and only saw the stats. We don’t know what they we running and what players Kenny was running with. People will say what they say. But I wonder why Kenny is a check down merchant there. Afterall he wasn’t a check down merchant last preseason or after Canada was sacked.

I didn’t see the game and only saw the stats. We don’t know what they we running and what players Kenny was running with. People will say what they say. But I wonder why Kenny is a check down merchant there. Afterall he wasn’t a check down merchant last preseason or after Canada was sacked.

That same X account nailed it with the post before the one mentioned on this board:

"Kenny Pickett never does anything egregious. But he also never does anything impressive.

He started 24 games in Pittsburgh and threw a whopping 13 TD passes.

He kind of just exists out there."

Here's a write up comparing him and McKee last night

THATS JUST A FANBLOG!! THEY DON'T KNOW!! I HAVE SEEN GOOD REPORTS THAT KENNY HAS LOOKED GOOD! I CANT WAIT UNTIL HE BEATS THE STEELERS!!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT