ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-Clemson Game Thread

Pitt is not strong inside. We went from a team with a ton of physicality inside to a team that is consistently overmatched. We went with athletic shooters like young and artis instead of the mcghee's and and Nasir's of the world.

Jamie changed the type of players he went for...went for star ratings instead of what made pitt a great program.

Again, not sure why so many are complaining...it is what many here wanted.
Which would be fine and good, if we actually took guys with high star rankings. That's a tired and sad excuse.

Come on, JRob has it all over Artis on being awful this game. At least Artis made a couple nice buckets at the beginning of the game. JRob has done absolutely nothing positive and a good bit of negative so far.
Agree I mean heck at least Artis is hustling and trying. More than can be said about Robinson who has shown no hustle, missed every shot and looks disinterested AGAIN.

Why has Maia become the ceremonial starting center like we had about 6 years ago? I don't see any semblance of continuity or rebounding with him out of the game.

. well aren't you a rational thinker as we've played about as bad a half of BB as a team can play.

Thanks. We're gonna split a road trip in the ACC, just like we did against ND/Ville.

A loss at home in the next two will be really troubling though. I consider the next two home games must wins.

Pitt is not strong inside. We went from a team with a ton of physicality inside to a team that is consistently overmatched. We went with athletic shooters like young and artis instead of the mcghee's and and Nasir's of the world.

Jamie changed the type of players he went for...went for star ratings instead of what made pitt a great program.

I actually think he took the best players he could and they just didn't happen to be like Pitt players of the past. We are obviously not going to be a good defensive team again until we have a real center and a backcourt that can competently defend the perimeter.

Reactions: PittPoker
Come on, JRob has it all over Artis on being awful this game. At least Artis made a couple nice buckets at the beginning of the game. JRob has done absolutely nothing positive and a good bit of negative so far.

That is like offering somone their choice of STD's. Which would you rather have syphilis or gonorrhea?

They out shot and out rebounded us in the 1st half and had significantly fewer turn overs ...... totally out played.

I really don't like this team[/

such bullshit. Nobody asked for s bunch of pansies who fon't have anymore BB skills than the physical players Pitt used to have. And these aren't players thatvhad lots of stars!

If I didn't know better, I'd say Artis was being paid off.

He has never looked this bad.

C'mon really? We have looked like this not just in 1 game but many games of late. We have a tough schedule upcoming and are playing like crap. This is very worrisome moving forward because honestly, even if this game was at the Pete it would be the same result. The team is completely disfunctional.

What a disappointing performance by almost everyone. JRob with at least 2 unforced turnovers and 0 points and then refuses to pass the ball to Luther who is wide open in the corner for a 3 after he has just hit his first two shots. Pitt had the early lead with Maia in the game in the first 5 minutes, but he never sees the floor again. Jamie stays in man-to-man even though they can't rotate off the hedge or stay with their man on the 3 point line. At least switch the defense on a few occasions to give your opponent a different look when your defense is terrible. Hope the 2nd half is better.

Maybe this game will finally convince you this team has major problems, major and at this rate an NCAA appearance is no guarantee at all. None.

Also funny how you omitted our point guard. Maybe he looks like he has been paid off too huh? 1 good half in a month and you want to sing his praises. He is horrible.

KEEP SHOOTING SMITH, KEEP SHOOTING BUT IT WOULD HELP IF WE COULD PLAY SOME DEFENSE

Why they keep showing that commercial with Arizona and New England. What a fail, they picked the two teams that LOST their respective conf championships.

I fear the only thing left to be decided is whether we lose by more or less than 20.

The team needed a lot of help from the grad transfers, we didn't get it.

Well so we don't defend well as a team. I could like with that if we scored like we have at times, but now we're going through stretches were we can't hit water from a boat. It's hard to watch.

I really don't see us making the dance. Too many tough games down the stretch and Pitt is playing like they are completely overmatched. There is no quick fix now, the team is dysfunctional and not talented.

It's on Jamie, it's on the recruiting, it's on the pathetic ooc schedule where for 2 months they primarily play cupcakes to give them a false sense of how good they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT