ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt game thread vs Florida Gulf Coast

Great dribble drive by Lowe and dump to the the big for the flush. That's what we need from Jaland.

Defense as a team needs to be way better in this game.

Last edited:
Much better performance thus far from Lowe, all starting with dribble penetration and attacking the basket. 5 points and a beautiful dime.

Florida Gulf Coast has 1 turnover. Team Defense needs to get way more aggressive here.

Good end to the half. Stepped it up on defense. Need to come out strong in the 2nd.

Much better performance thus far from Lowe, all starting with dribble penetration and attacking the basket. 5 points and a beautiful dime.

Florida Gulf Coast has 1 turnover. Team Defense needs to get way more aggressive here.
I like that we are running a double when there bigs get it now. They were beating us up inside. We are speeding everything up now. All gas, no brakes. 2nd half is time to get Hinson draining his 3.

10 point lead at the half

+12 in rebound margin which is a big reason we have this lead

Jaland Lowe with 10 points and 2 assists at the half and decent defense for the most part. Great half Jaland

FGC shooting 21% from 3

Biggest 2nd half adjustment

Our bigs need to come out with a purpose and amp it up by 1000 with physical play. We were way to soft on the inside in that half. Fede, Im talking to you here the most. Get physical and wake up.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Will made an impact on defense.
And with the clock winding down who takes last shot, Lowe, bubs, Ishmael, no….will Jeffress clutch lol. I’ll take it. Pitt up by 10 when shooting 3-14 from three and 14-23 from line. As awful as those are, it shows they are no longer a one dimensional threat. This is a game they are down by 10 at half in years past.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
10 point lead at the half

+12 in rebound margin which is a big reason we have this lead

Jaland Lowe with 10 points and 2 assists at the half and decent defense for the most part. Great half Jaland

FGC shooting 21% from 3

Biggest 2nd half adjustment

Our bigs need to come out with a purpose and amp it up by 1000 with physical play. We were way to soft on the inside in that half. Fede, Im talking to you here the most. Get physical and wake up.
Agree, we come out shooting the ball better and this lead grows. But we do need to toughen up inside. Let’s get after it!

Agree, we come out shooting the ball better and this lead grows. But we do need to toughen up inside. Let’s get after it!
It would be nice to have a little bit of offense out of Fede. We see these lower-level school like FGCU and their bigs have some game. Fede is a near zero. GDG offers more there but he is still getting abused by bigger guys on D.

Pitts interior D being exposed .

This is the way Wil Jeffress needs to play to be a valuable asset to the team .

I’m scratching my head , but so far I can’t come up with another freshman for Pitt who’s been more impressive than Bub !

Jeffress absolutely adds value on the defensive end.

It has been a huge boost this half. This shows the balance of our basketball team.

While Hinson has wasted countless possessions on offense with all kinds of dumb decisions, Jeffress continues to clean up the mess on defense.

If GDG got stronger in the off season, it sure the hell didn’t look like it on that last possession.

Vegas always know:) But won’t win many games shooting 60 percent from line and 28 percent from three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT