ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt basketball Game Thread vs Jacksonville

Game 4, All Gas, No brakes

9-0 early lead

Lets Go Pitt!!

14-2 lead

Defense has been pretty decent, Austin has cleaned things up with about 3 blocks.

Really like the energy and fight from Lowe, getting after it on defense. I dont mind the 2 quick fouls, we are amping up the defensive pressure as a team and its great to see so far.. Keep it going.

Jacksonville is shooting 1-11 so far.

The lead is 40-10 with 4 minutes left in this half.

All I want to see to finish this half is our defensive energy to stay at 120%. Finish this half strong without weakness on defense.

52-22 halftime

+14 in rebound margin

Defense holding Jacksonville to 24% shooting, 0% from 3.

Biggest takeaway in the first half is...

2 ugly turnovers from out of bounds plays that resulted in 4 easy transition points for Jacksonville all because of weak passing and not getting open. This has been a problem in years past, and needs to be cleaned up before Florida.

52-22 halftime

+14 in rebound margin

Defense holding Jacksonville to 24% shooting, 0% from 3.

Biggest takeaway in the first half is...

2 ugly turnovers from out of bounds plays that resulted in 4 easy transition points for Jacksonville all because of weak passing and not getting open. This has been a problem in years past, and needs to be cleaned up before Florida.
I noticed that as well. Diaz-Graham taking it out seemed odd despite the height advantage. Agree; that aspect has to be cleaned up before we get to the tournament and conference play

Guillermo Diaz Graham

23 points
10 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

Now that is how you respond after coming out last game like you didn't belong on the court.

Jaland Lowe with 5 points, 6 assists, and 0 turnovers. He is starting to look like he is in full control.

+22 on the glass as a team tonight.

And we Won by 51 points.

Decent effort tonight. Lets regroup, work on out of bounds plays and continue to work on team defense.

Nice job team and coaches...

4-0 Lets keep it going...

Guillermo Diaz Graham

23 points
10 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

Now that is how you respond after coming out last game like you didn't belong on the court.

Jaland Lowe with 5 points, 6 assists, and 0 turnovers. He is starting to look like he is in full control.

+22 on the glass as a team tonight.

And we Won by 51 points.

Decent effort tonight. Lets regroup, work on out of bounds plays and continue to work on team defense.

Nice job team and coaches...

4-0 Lets keep it going...
Did we end up shooting over 50% as a team from beyond the arc? We weren't trying to pile it on, but when the shot clock requires a try, why not make them?! This is a complete reverse of last year's first 4 games. The trip to Spain is already paying dividends. These guys look like they've been playing together for at least a season

Agree that the inbounds play has to clean up. I counted at least 3 times (2 turnovers and 1 almost) where they looked lost

Reactions: PITT 76
Did we end up shooting over 50% as a team from beyond the arc? We weren't trying to pile it on, but when the shot clock requires a try, why not make them?! This is a complete reverse of last year's first 4 games. The trip to Spain is already paying dividends. These guys look like they've been playing together for at least a season

Agree that the inbounds play has to clean up. I counted at least 3 times (2 turnovers and 1 almost) where they looked lost

We shot 43% from 3 today.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT