ADVERTISEMENT

***Pitt-UNC Game Thread***

Winnable game. Left too many points on the table. A couple of bad turnovers leading to points hurt. The foul trouble hurt.

Sucks to have to sweat this out until Sunday but this team proved tonight they deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament and I think they will be.

Here's the issue with Hinson - when he's matched up with pretty good athletes, he has a hard time hunting his shot. And unfortunately Capel can't design plays to get him open.

Davis and Bacot made the plays champions make and they shot 19 FTs to 6 for Pitt.

We all think Pitt is a tournament team, Bilas thinks they are but everyone else says we aren’t. I don’t think tonight changed anybody’s mind. We needed the upset and we gave it a shot.

On the studio show, it’s all talk about the one seed. Lunardi was on and they didn’t bother to ask him about Pitt. In fact, there’s zero talk about Pitt. So there you go.

Hats off to UNC's defense on Hinson. Despite the Tarheels taking him out of the mix Pitt played them down to the wire. Bub was great and so was Lowe. Diaz Graham had a great first half....This is an easy Pitt team to like.

The lack of a decent 5 was going to be an issue with these tournament teams. We may like both Twin and Fedi but they're twigs in comparison and get pushed all over the court.

Feels like all the talk after the Wake game was about Wake. Now it's all Carolina. These peckerheads contradict themselves so much. If this was such a great win for them then you'd think you would acknowledge the opposition being tournament caliber (aside from the obligatory Jay Bilas "yes" comment).

Reactions: SteelBowl70
The lack of a decent 5 was going to be an issue with these tournament teams. We may like both Twin and Fedi but they're twigs in comparison and get pushed all over the court.
They have a role but it should be behind a legit big man. The problem is how much we have to rely on them.

THIS TEAM DID NOT NEED HINSON TO FORCE SHOTS IN HOPES OF SCORING TO WIN!
Blake played really hard and showed a lot of guts and leadership in the face of a tough match-up for him. That being said Pitt was up 2 at the half without his points. In case you weren't paying attention the last 18 games (or so) and the first half, Bub and Lowe are playing so well, if Pitt would have avoided that 6 minutes of forced Hinson and passes to Fede they would have won.

If Pitt doesn't get in the system is pathetically flawed.

Reactions: pittbb80
Solid effort. I’ll admit I’m a homer but I though the refs let UNC get away with more physical play and called Pitt for
Ticky tacky fouls.

Blake and Ish picked a bad time to have bad games

That said this team belongs in the tourney.

Reactions: PittPanther44
Feels like all the talk after the Wake game was about Wake. Now it's all Carolina. These peckerheads contradict themselves so much. If this was such a great win for them then you'd think you would acknowledge the opposition being tournament caliber (aside from the obligatory Jay Bilas "yes" comment).
They haven’t mentioned Pitt but what’s to say? Lunardi and even Palm said Pitt had to win.

Blake played really hard and showed a lot of guts and leadership in the face of a tough match-up for him. That being said Pitt was up 2 at the half without his points. In case you weren't paying attention the last 18 games (or so) and the first half, Bub and Lowe are playing so well, if Pitt would have avoided that 6 minutes of forced Hinson and passes to Fede they would have won.

I think they knew they had to get him going to beat this team. A bigger punch was coming

Really fun team. Played hard to the end against a great team on a night our leader and top player didn't have his best stuff. Heartbreaking, for sure. I'm glad we get to watch them again even if it's not in the tourney we wanted.

If you mean Hinson, he didn't have any stuff.

Especially with how the refs are letting them play so physically.

Reactions: 303vND

We already know the system is pathetically flawed. Horrendously flawed.

Sometimes you just have to give a tip of the cap to your opponent. UNC is clearly the team that has more talent, despite that Pitt gave them a game to the end. They did a great job of taking Blake out of the game with suffocating defensive coverage. Our starting guards were terrific

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT