ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-UVa Game Thread

lol. Listen man. Take your victory lap when we make the tournament. But don’t come here all high and mighty when you conveniently get too busy to post when Pitt was playing like ass.
Ding ding ding. Huge win, I post win or lose. I donate to NIL win or lose. May throw an extra 1 tonight if I can direct it specifically towards Blake after ESPNBet just kept moving that line for us. NCAA violations be samned. Go Pitt

Reactions: Ski11585
lol. Listen man. Take your victory lap when we make the tournament. But don’t come here all high and mighty when you conveniently get too busy to post when Pitt was playing like ass.
Plz stop enjoy the victory!!!! Some of you need to put your BS aside. Pitt won!!!!!! Geeeezzzzzz but I guess some of you want Capel to lose so Pitt loses which is rather pathetic.

I mean, he waited til mid season to play the catalyst for why we’re good and it may end up costing them a tourney bid for the 5th time in 6 years. If they make the tournament, sure.
If you're referring to Lowe, he stated that he was not 100% to start the year.

Your standard for "sure" seems a little weird.

Making the tournament in the free agency era is the standard for any HM team? You should be able to make it 3/5 years. If not, you’re not doing a good enough job. That’s not weird at all? This is like universally accepted.

Plz stop enjoy the victory!!!! Some of you need to put your BS aside. Pitt won!!!!!! Geeeezzzzzz but I guess some of you want Capel to lose so Pitt loses which is rather pathetic.
I had Pitt +5.5 +6.5 and +3.5 in game. So this shouldn’t be directed towards me. I enjoy having back and forth on players’ coaching decisions etc. what I don’t enjoy is hearing I’m an idiot, then disappearing for 6 weeks to stop engaging, me poking the bear, then coming back when we are finally trending upwards and I’m happy about it getting poked back. Just stay in the convo or stay out of it if you can’t handle it!

Reactions: Parkview57
Making the tournament in the free agency era is the standard for any HM team? You should be able to make it 3/5 years. If not, you’re not doing a good enough job. That’s not weird at all? This is like universally accepted.
Depends if you have the capital to get the players you need .

It would be very interesting to see how much the top 100 programs NIL budgets are .

Reactions: Millerton24
I don’t speak teenage girl. If they go to the tournament, it’s a great job. If they don’t, it’s a failure. That’s how ncaa teams are viewed on one year contracts.
Silliness. Coaches are judged on their coaching and, in college, on the quality of kids. Capel's last 2 teams have shown massive improvement through the season. He brought in 2 super freshmen that have high skill levels AND the ability to take coaching. A slow start is not surprising. But where they are now id due to coaching. The announcers got it right tonight when they said Pitt came in with plan and they executed it. That's coaching.

You seem to forget where this program was when Capel came in.
which is irrelevant to anything I said. We’re in the free agency era and when the begin paying players out of the tv contracts inevitably and coaching salaries shrink they will be on a 3/5 standard at HM. This will be sooner than you think with the stupid stuff the big ten/SEC is up to. Anywho, have no problem eating all crow when we make it, because I enjoy March basketball. Big win, let’s just agree to disagree for now.

Of course I dont know if he were hurt or not. However it was
clear early on that he wasn't ready yet. Was he hurt? Was he
intiminated due to Bub's amazing start to the season? What I
do know is when Capel committed to inserting him into the
lineup, he was a much improved player. Not sure what turned
on the light bulb for him, but his talent is obvious. I'm willing
to also give Capel some of the credit for this turn around. We
sometimes forget that Capel was a pretty successful pg himself.
Easy to criticize him for X's performance here, somewhat the same
for Odukale too. However what Lowe is doing just might erase those
two.

Silliness. Coaches are judged on their coaching and, in college, on the quality of kids. Capel's last 2 teams have shown massive improvement through the season. He brought in 2 super freshmen that have high skill levels AND the ability to take coaching. A slow start is not surprising. But where they are now id due to coaching. The announcers got it right tonight when they said Pitt came in with plan and they executed it. That's coaching.
Agreed I said the exact same thing with 3 minutes to go or something

This team looks nothing like the team that lost to Duke that first meeting

which is irrelevant to anything I said. We’re in the free agency era and when the begin paying players out of the tv contracts inevitably and coaching salaries shrink they will be on a 3/5 standard at HM. This will be sooner than you think with the stupid stuff the big ten/SEC is up to. Anywho, have no problem eating all crow when we make it, because I enjoy March basketball. Big win, let’s just agree to disagree for now.
Peace treaty is always good Bball. Good move H2P

Reactions: bschulter
Silliness. You may have a 3/5 standard, but it can't apply when a coach can't control the pay for players. All a coach can do is recruit and coach. If Capel gets outspent for kids, that can't be on him.

Last edited:
Of course I dont know if he were hurt or not. However it was
clear early on that he wasn't ready yet. Was he hurt? Was he
intiminated due to Bub's amazing start to the season? What I
do know is when Capel committed to inserting him into the
lineup, he was a much improved player. Not sure what turned
on the light bulb for him, but his talent is obvious. I'm willing
to also give Capel some of the credit for this turn around. We
sometimes forget that Capel was a pretty successful pg himself.
Easy to criticize him for X's performance here, somewhat the same
for Odukale too. However what Lowe is doing just might erase those
two.
He said this in January:

“It was about feeling comfortable in my body. I am feeling a lot healthier, and that helps my comfort out there on the court and helps me play my game. I’m almost 100% now.”

This quote was in the Pitt News and also stated:

"Lowe struggled through the beginning of the season with a nagging injury sustained in the summer."

Reactions: Chescat
This was no fluke win tonight dominating at Virginia a team that rarely loses at home. That’s now 6 wins in the last 7 games for Pitt and those wins are at Duke, at Georgia Tech, Wake Forest at home and at NC State and at Virginia. They should be on the bubble for sure now after this win tonight. Don’t know what more they have to do.

It's no fluke, but pump the brakes on UVA. They have been blown out several times this year and they are most likely going to drop somewhere between 3 & 5 games.

It's no fluke, but pump the brakes on UVA. They have been blown out several times this year and they are most likely going to drop somewhere between 3 & 5 games.

Ok how about this…

Your squad is “good” not “great”. But they have a “very good” coach and have a big home court advantage that the last 23 teams couldn’t conquer.

And we (Pitt) went in there and soundly beat them. They needed to shoot 100% for almost 10 minutes so it wasn’t a 20 point loss.

I think this covers all the semantics. It was a good win.

UVA was on a roll and haven't lost a home game in what 23 games? No...let's not downplay this win, it was HUGE!

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
UVA was on a roll and haven't lost a home game in what 23 games? No...let's not downplay this win, it was HUGE!
The coaching comments can't be forgotten. Coach Bennett is
considered a superior coach. Most Bball analysts would IMO,
rate him way above Capel. No getting around it, last night was
a signature win for the Pitt program, players, and yes, Coach
Capel too.

Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT