ADVERTISEMENT

Rudolph Starting Against Seattle

Yeah, his hand is about as hot as Amy Schumer, and I can't wait until he reminds everyone of how badly he sucks with a larger sample size. I had a friend tell me we'd have made the playoffs the last two years if he were the starter, which I find to be recency bias at its finest. I don't know if Kenny Pickett is the answer, but I can guarantee Stonefeet Rudolph isn't.

I think Rudolph is mediocre at best, but he played well enough to warrant another start. I don't think he's going to have anywhere near the clean pocket he had last game, and I'd prefer to keep KP on the bench if he's not fully healthy.

Would help if George shows up ready to play this week.

I think Rudolph is mediocre at best, but he played well enough to warrant another start. I don't think he's going to have anywhere near the clean pocket he had last game, and I'd prefer to keep KP on the bench if he's not fully healthy.

Would help if George shows up ready to play this week.
George won’t see the same defense either

The O will regress back to the mean

Reactions: pittmaninwv
So many uncontrolled variables that the data is probably not a normal distribution. Probably will look more like the median. Need a multivariate regression analysis here.
good-will-hunting-finding-oneself.jpg

Reactions: USN_Panther
For those who believe that Pickett should start.

Here is the scenario…Rudolph starts and misses a couple of receivers, the OL plays bad, the WR’s drops passes and won’t block. The running game goes nowhere and the defense stinks. The Steelers lose and are out of the playoffs?

That’s a distinct possibility of happening no matter who starts.

Steeler fans will chalk it up as a bad football team and point the finger at Tomlin (or give him the finger).

Now if Pickett starts and the above scenario happens, who are the yinzers gonna blame??? Easy, they’re gonna blame Pickett. No matter how many drops, miss tackles or false starts, he will get the blame. He will be ripped and practically run out of town. What does that do for him?

Only play Kenny if it’s absolutely necessary.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
For those who believe that Pickett should start.

Here is the scenario…Rudolph starts and misses a couple of receivers, the OL plays bad, the WR’s drops passes and won’t block. The running game goes nowhere and the defense stinks. The Steelers lose and are out of the playoffs?

That’s a distinct possibility of happening no matter who starts.

Steeler fans will chalk it up as a bad football team and point the finger at Tomlin (or give him the finger).

Now if Pickett starts and the above scenario happens, who are the yinzers gonna blame??? Easy, they’re gonna blame Pickett. No matter how many drops, miss tackles or false starts, he will get the blame. He will be ripped and practically run out of town. What does that do for him?

Only play Kenny if it’s absolutely necessary.
Agreed. Rudy has been a stand up guy through all this shit and has earned the starting nod for the last two games. If Rudy plays poorly I think you stick with him unless KP is 100 pct healthy. But I think you give Rudy a long leach. It makes no sense to bring KP in for mop up duty

Agreed. Rudy has been a stand up guy through all this shit and has earned the starting nod for the last two games. If Rudy plays poorly I think you stick with him unless KP is 100 pct healthy. But I think you give Rudy a long leach. It makes no sense to bring KP in for mop up duty
It’s better to reset Kenny with a new OC and QB coach. The Steelers need to clean house (players & coaches).

I had a good feeling that Rudolph would play well against the Bengals (not as well as he did).

However, I don’t have the same feeling this week against Seattle.

Don't forget the Steelers always play poorly out in Seattle. I think they have only won 1 of 8 times out there and the last win was 1983.
It’s better to reset Kenny with a new OC and QB coach. The Steelers need to clean house (players & coaches).

I had a good feeling that Rudolph would play well against the Bengals (not as well as he did).

However, I don’t have the same feeling this week against Seattle.

Reactions: pittmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT