ADVERTISEMENT

Rudolph to Start

Yup. Poor guy will likely be playing with a patchwork OL and without some offensive weapons. I dont expect to see Johnson, Ju Ju, or Ebron play much

Mason vs Myles: The Sequel!
ahwg.gif

Is Big Ben the only starter resting? I’d imagine not...

Sounds like Ben is the only guy resting per the press conference. Can’t throw Mason out there and activate the entire practice squad.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Something relevant to this post: If Pittsburgh loses and Miami + Baltimore wins, Steelers play Ravens in the first round. If the Bills beat the Dolphins, we play Browns/Colts regardless of how we do against CLE or they do against CIN.

We’re also locked into the 2nd/3rd seed.

If you're going to put Rudolph out there you might as well rest other guys.
He needs protection and receivers to throw to for a fair shake. I can see the entire line starting since the unit needs all the work it can get it. Maybe the ground game gets more attention and the running backs are super fresh due to little carries this season.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Something relevant to this post: If Pittsburgh loses and Miami + Baltimore wins, Steelers play Ravens in the first round. If the Bills beat the Dolphins, we play Browns/Colts regardless of how we do against CLE or they do against CIN.

I want no part of Baltimore. I think we stand a better chance against Kansas City than them. Miami is, in my opinion, the optimal first round opponent, followed by the Colts and then the Browns.

I don’t think your scenario is correct.

If Baltimore wins, they’re ahead of Cleveland. If Buffalo wins they’re the 2 seed and Steelers are 3 seed. looking like a 3/6 match up of Steelers / Ravens

With no bye since week 4 I really think everyone should sit. Especially tuitt/Heyward/watt

Agree with those three as well as Nelson, Hayden and V williams on D.

I also think Johnson on O has been dinged as well as Ebron so Id rest those guys. Villenueava and Pouncy could use a rest as well as Connor

Reactions: rhyno527
Total bush league by the Steelers not playing their regulars. They owe it to the teams competing against the Browns to give it their all.

A similar situation occurred in 1976. The last game of the year was a Monday night affair between the Bengals and the Raiders who hated the despised Steelers. Raiders had clinched their division so the game meant nothing to them. The Bengals were tied with the Steelers. If they won, the Steelers were out. John Madden played his regulars and won putting the two time defending champs back into the mix. The Raiders later whipped a beat up Steelers team and won it all. CLASSY.

That was 44 years ago when some type of morals existed. Now it is all about me

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Any players that are marginally injured need to sit. The Steelers are the ONLY priority in this situation. You do what is best for YOUR organization.

If Baltimore wins, they’re ahead of Cleveland. If Buffalo wins they’re the 2 seed and Steelers are 3 seed. looking like a 3/6 match up of Steelers / Ravens
You are correct, good catch.

And if PIT loses the first playoff game all we'll read is the team never should have sat its players as the squad looked rusty and out of synch.

If BUF wins, as does TN, CLE, BAL and IND .... The Ravens are the five seed, CLE then IND with MIA out?

Yup. Poor guy will likely be playing with a patchwork OL and without some offensive weapons. I dont expect to see Johnson, Ju Ju, or Ebron play much
Can’t rest everyone. This isn’t college. I think this will give Rudolph a fair chance to see what he can do. I still think he has an adequate arm for this league.

Can’t rest everyone. This isn’t college. I think this will give Rudolph a fair chance to see what he can do. I still think he has an adequate arm for this league.
When are folks going to realize that the Steelers have no NFL caliber backup QB. The Steelers going forward are in deep trouble unless they can pull a rabbit out of the QB hat on draft day.

And if PIT loses the first playoff game all we'll read is the team never should have sat its players as the squad looked rusty and out of synch.

Maybe. But that’s a while different ballgame than owing any other teams anything. Which is a load of BS. They owe it to themselves to put themselves in the best position going in to the playoffs. I don’t know what the correct answer is, but eff the rest of the league. If they wanted to go for the number 2 seed then fine. But they did their jobs. They owe nothing to anyone else or any other team in the NFL.

I'd actually like to see Dobbs play. The guy has wheels which might spark the running game a little or at least give us another dimension on offense.

Mason throws a balloon ball .
we need mason to teach Pickett how to throw a deep ball and pickett to in turn, teach Mason how to throw a 15 yard frozen rope... and then Ben teaches them both on how to throw to a RB out of the backfield..

After he tosses two first half touchdown passes he should do the reenactment of the famous scene from the movie the longest yard.

let Myles Garret charge in and drill him in the nuts with a rocket launched pass.

When are folks going to realize that the Steelers have no NFL caliber backup QB. The Steelers going forward are in deep trouble unless they can pull a rabbit out of the QB hat on draft day.
Exactly why I want to watch Rudolph on Sunday. He’ll have much better circumstances than he had last year. And this will give the team a better look at the future. I have no idea how good he is but he may be better than some people think.

Cool story. I'll keep my 38-year old QB who gives me the best chance at winning healthy for the playoffs.

It is the right move for the Steelers. Screw the competitors for the 4 out of 5 remaining slots. Plus just in case it is good to get Rudolph some real time in.

Ben's leg will be better by the playoffs. Going to go through very tough teams one way or another so this is fine. An 11 win team could easily be let out. Then in the NFC east a team may get a home game by winning six games in the worst division ever.

It would be nice to get the 2 seed obviously but the Chiefs even look vulnerable. Just get through this game healthy. Hopefully Garrett doesn't attempt to murder Rudolph again

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Total bush league by the Steelers not playing their regulars. They owe it to the teams competing against the Browns to give it their all.

If the teams competing with the Browns wanted to ensure that they finished ahead of the Browns they had 16 games to do so. It isn't up to anyone other than themselves to determine how they finish.

A similar situation occurred in 1976. The last game of the year was a Monday night affair between the Bengals and the Raiders who hated the despised Steelers. Raiders had clinched their division so the game meant nothing to them. The Bengals were tied with the Steelers. If they won, the Steelers were out. John Madden played his regulars and won putting the two time defending champs back into the mix. The Raiders later whipped a beat up Steelers team and won it all. CLASSY.

I can’t tell if you are trolling or serious, either way bravo. The Steelers owe the rest of the league absolutely nothing. If the Colts didn’t have a meltdown Sunday they woulda been anyone. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Report from Steelers Depot that Ben isn't interested in helping Mason prep this week. Absolutely bizarre if true. Can't have a simple, drama-free week with this team.

Last edited:
Report from Steelers Depot that Ben isn't interested in helping Mason prep this week. Absolutely bizarre if true. Can't have a simple, drama-free week with this team.

It's not a report from Steelers Depot. As far as I know the website has no insiders and doesn't have anyone in the locker room. They just reposted a Mike Silver from NFL Network quote where he says "I don't think" Rudolph will get much help from Ben prepping for the game. Pure speculation from Silver.

This is a terrible post and you should be embarrassed.

This has been the most drama free Steelers team in like 15 years and that report is absolute garbage like a lot of things that are reported in 2020.
Edit to Clarify my last sentence: if it’s not on the Athletic, I don’t believe it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT