ADVERTISEMENT

Saquan Barkley

Perhaps the biggest part of becoming an all-time great is staying healthy. He missed three games last year and will miss 14 whole games and most of a 15th this year. With medicine the way it his he will have a chance to come back, maybe as good as others. We shall see. I will never root for him because he is a Nitter. But I will not root for anyone to have a terrible injury.

Curt Warner was a potentially great running back beset by injuries.

I do not get some of your fascination with this dude
Even in college he was stuffed regularly

same crew, with different handles, that was enamored with the idea of getting Bradley as our coach.

But it is also national guys as well. Bruce Feldman was orgasmic after the release of the workout video. When Barkley ran the opening kick back for a TD against OSU I thought Feldman was going to lose it. Said he aced his Heisman test, never mind that PSU went on to lose the game and Barkley didn't do much else that day.

I said earlier, that workout video was the greatest piece of PR ever done by the PSU media department. Kudos to them. But they were also able to turn PSU into a victim that needed healing as well during the whole Sandusky scandal so these are some serious people in that department.

I can remember back to 1970 and a guy you might have heard of by the name of Franco.

The irony is Franco was never one of Paterno's favorites and he is heads & shoulders above any other PSU running back in the NFL. I always liked Franco until the Sandusky scandal hit and he went totally crazy.

Love Barkley's game but it was always idiotic to take him at #2 overall. You just can't build your offense around a RB.

The giants went 5-11 and then 4-12 and are 0-2 this year (probably another 4-12 type year, maybe a bit better since the NFCE is a real dumpster fire). Barkley's signed this year for $8.5M, then $10M. After that, the Giants can keep him on the 5th year option which will easily be $18M+ as would a long-term deal.

Barkley was never going to be cheap, and now he's starting to get really expensive on a team that can't block for him or get the ball to him in space. Meanwhile the Jaguars are starting a RB for $600,000.

The Giants have a terrible FO. They should all be fired for negligence.
Yep even a big time talent just isnt worth that high of a pick at rb. Its just to easy to find serviceable guys late and cheap.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
It pains me to say this but I actuelly kinda liked dJ dozier. I thought Enis was good as heck too but I was old enough by then to hate psu enough to not root for him.

Barkley is a great talent. Just because he went to State Penn or got injured doesn't change that fact. Unless Hugh Green wasn't great?

Did you see Barkley vs. Pitt's Defense? I was convinced right then he was not Heisman/elite material. Pitt's defense at the time may have been in the average third of college defenses and he played well but not even well enough to say wow. 20 Carries 85 yards? 14 carries 88 Yards? against Pitt?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT