ADVERTISEMENT

Which losses would be wins if Lowe started and was healthy all year?

PittMan2003

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2016
Do we think we have at least two more wins with a healthy Lowe all year? And most importantly does the committee care about that!?!?

He has been a huge difference maker since he has been healthy.

Do we think we have at least two more wins with a healthy Lowe all year? And most importantly does the committee care about that!?!?

Funny you mention that because if I’m EJ or I’m Pitt, I’m making sure everyone knows that. It may not work but I’m making sure it’s in the minds of everyone who matters.

Mizzou and the first Clemson loss.
Don’t know if he was hurt (don’t remember), but he wasn’t a big part of the rotation vs Florida if I recall correctly.

And to your point in the other thread, with NIL and transfers, and roster turnover in current college basketball, now more than ever the committee should consider how teams play late in the year. But as a stated policy they don’t. And that’s wrong.

Now give Duke all their players back when we played them at Duke…However, if I’m the committee, I give more weight to late season losses than nov and Dec.

Reactions: TreesHero
Mizzou, Florida, one of the Clemson losses. 3 more wins with Jaland in the lineup. Was he in for both SU losses? I'm not sure.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Now give Duke all their players back when we played them at Duke…However, if I’m the committee, I give more weight to late season losses than nov and Dec.
Yeah that’s fair. We probably don’t beat Duke but have a few more other wins perhaps.

For that matter, Ish also had that shoulder injury that hampered him around that rough stretch in January. He’s been one of our most consistent players. Yesterday he finished with 6 and he had 8 in the NC St game, but he’s had double digits in every other ACC game since the Duke win.

How much of his improvement was due to putting health issues behind vs home much was due to adjusting to the college game?

I don't pretend to know that answer.

However if he was playing at his current level early in the year there may have been 1-3 more wins as suggested.

Was he in for both SU losses?

Lowe has played every game this season.

Pitt is not going to get any "extra credit" at all because someone who did not miss one game all year was less than 100% for some number of games. Every team plays guys who are less than 100% at some point in the season every year.

Missouri - He only played 12 mins.
at Syracuse - He only played 17 mins.

We are definitely a different team now than earlier in the year. In fairness, we would have lost to Duke without their injuries and they are a different team with those guys.

Reactions: BFo8
Missouri - He only played 12 mins.
at Syracuse - He only played 17 mins.

We are definitely a different team now than earlier in the year. In fairness, we would have lost to Duke without their injuries and they are a different team with those guys.

Exactly. And the chance that the committee is going to sit there and say, wait, hold on a second, Pitt lost to the worst P6 team, at home, but one of their players only played 12 minutes in that game so we won't hold that against them is zero. None. Nil. Zip. No chance. None at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT