ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano incident pretty much tells psu what the country thinks

Yes, but let's be honest, if he were a better coach, there wouldn't have been this outrage. I believe that they played the nitter card because they didn't want him to be their coach for coaching reasons, not moral reasons.

about them.

This says it all. The country is disgusted by them, and dont want anyone associated with that program leading their program.

Yes and no. While it's true that the majority of the air breathing world is still disgusted by the vile history of the Sandusky scandal and the PSU complicity in it, don't be fooled.

The Vol protests are a smokescreen. Those nut jobs are stunned that Schiano was the best they could get. They had visions of John Gruden dancing in their heads. The Sandusky/Schiano connection is just a convenient theme to hide their real outrage.

The boosters really said as much, they didn't think he was good enough , so they needed and excuse, boosters , and they used the ignorant college kids to do their dirty work, like in other forms as they are used most days

The protests and objections are based on fact.
I can’t wait till you whine about the PAturdo movie

You are a fool. There might be that from the students , that are on the ground protesting , but the puppets pulling the strings DON'T THINK HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THEIR COACH. Understand now ?

It had everything to do with it. Are you paying attention?

I'm listening to the guy who made this hire not happen , he is on Fox radio right now , turn it on , he is speaking truth not what the media is telling you to think! He is telling you what he did , how it happened , and he thinks GS stinks as a coach, knew how to rally the sheep. It's very simple actually.

Reactions: Hotshoe
This schtick is getting old and worn.

Sure it didn’t help they thought they could do better, but the point still stands.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
The protests and objections are based on fact.
I can’t wait till you whine about the PAturdo movie
Fact? What fact regarding Schiano? Double hearsay which not only isn't permissible in a court of law, law enforcement didn't even pursue it, because it was bogus. Enjoy the hate, while people have their lives destroyed for no reason. That's what our society has become now. A bunch of ill informed idiots on keyboards. Screw due process, just hang em. Tennessee will be lucky to get a half decent coach at best. This had nothing to do with Penn State. If it did, Bradley would never have been hired at UCLA. Every honest person knows this.

Reactions: TD_istheman
I am not saying , some are not upset about the PSU stuff, but the ones who are pulling the strings, didn't want him there because he isn't good enough for them. $ $ $ $ $

Fact? What fact regarding Schiano? Double hearsay which not only isn't permissible in a court of law, law enforcement didn't even pursue it, because it was bogus. Enjoy the hate, while people have their lives destroyed for no reason. That's what our society has become now. A bunch of ill informed idiots on keyboards. Screw due process, just hang em. Tennessee will be lucky to get a half decent coach at best. This had nothing to do with Penn State. If it did, Bradley would never have been hired at UCLA. Every honest person knows this.

BINGO! I hate PSU. this is the truth

Reactions: Hotshoe
about them.

This says it all. The country is disgusted by them, and dont want anyone associated with that program leading their program.
uh, it pretty much says an SEC school does not want to coach that cannot lead them to w's and have an excuse to have him dumped..My guess is that 90% of these folks writing on rocks a week ago had no inkling whatsoever that Greg Schiano had even been an assistant at Penn State and now they are experts in his alleged role up there. Nothing noble in their actions, they just don't want a lousy coach.

I have no doubt Tennessee fans didn't like the hire even if GS had zero past with Paterno/PSU. But, GS having a past made it easy to drum up vitriol and toxicity because that past does, in fact, exist. I'd say it's a bit of both.

I have no doubt Tennessee fans didn't like the hire even if GS had zero past with Paterno/PSU. But, GS having a past made it easy to drum up vitriol and toxicity because that past does, in fact, exist. I'd say it's a bit of both.

The $ knew how to get the brainwashed going , they know that they would take to this like fat kid and pie, and it worked

Irrespective of Tennessee’s BOT or fans not wanting Schiano because he’s just an average coach at best, the fact remains Schiano was on a staff associated with enabling a child molester. And to think he didn’t know what was going on is naive at best and idiotic at worst. It’s a card Tennessee could play and they played it. Maybe they have it right!

Reactions: bobfree
Irrespective of Tennessee’s BOT or fans not wanting Schiano because he’s just an average coach at best, the fact remains Schiano was on a staff associated with enabling a child molester. And to think he didn’t know what was going on is naive at best and idiotic at worst. It’s a card Tennessee could play and they played it. Maybe they have it right!

I can go with this. The main booster was on Fox radio and he said , he gave out Dooley number , then he got people to get students , a few, to ralley, and though they might feel it was over PSU, the $ didn't want him there, cause they didn't feel he was good enough. I heard him say this out of his mouth. The Fox guy gave him some push back on acting that way.

Then the guy on Fox said, had Obama brought the Ball kids home , ESPN would be throwing him a parade , since it was Trump, they found fault with it , so........

I'm listening to the guy who made this hire not happen , he is on Fox radio right now , turn it on , he is speaking truth not what the media is telling you to think! He is telling you what he did , how it happened , and he thinks GS stinks as a coach, knew how to rally the sheep. It's very simple actually.

Yea, the racist idiot. Anyone who’s awake knows who that jagoff is. To say Clay Travis speaks the truth...yikes.

Yea, the racist idiot. Anyone who’s awake knows who that jagoff is. To say Clay Travis speaks the truth...yikes.

He said , what he did , what he did , it wasn't good stuff, so yes I believe he is an ass, and I believe he did what he said he did, don't you ????? He knew how to rally the sheep, in history , there are many idiots and fools that were able to do this from Jim Jones to Hitler , all pathetic in the least. BTW it wasn't Clay , his guest

You are delusional if you think that law enforcement didn't peruse anything because there was no evidence. Joe knew and he actively participated in the cover up. I had a few beers with the original detective from the 90's, he was called off the case BEFORE he could finish his investigation.

why is Clay Travis a racist? Amazing how that is just thrown around nowadays. Kind of kills its meaning and that is a shame. Guy seems to make sense to me on a lot of topics and he is a heluva lot more interesting than most.

Reactions: brickfhouse
why is Clay Travis a racist? Amazing how that is just thrown around nowadays. Kind of kills its meaning and that is a shame. Guy seems to make sense to me on a lot of topics and he is a heluva lot more interesting than most.

And it wasn't Clay, so I'm sure his guest was a racist too. Lmao at sheep

Yes and no. While it's true that the majority of the air breathing world is still disgusted by the vile history of the Sandusky scandal and the PSU complicity in it, don't be fooled.

The Vol protests are a smokescreen. Those nut jobs are stunned that Schiano was the best they could get. They had visions of John Gruden dancing in their heads. The Sandusky/Schiano connection is just a convenient theme to hide their real outrage.

Agreed. While a small portion of fans are legitimately appalled by the connection, most are angry that Schiano was the best they could do. Tennessee is a very delusional fan base along with a few other SEC teams. Did they really think John Gruden would be interested? It is a very difficult job.

The only time Tennessee was a world beater is when Johnny Majors was involved as a player and coach. Fulmer was the beneficiary of Majors hard work.

Sorry GS was on staff before 1998, I am not sure what was out there for people to know at that point. From 1998 to 2001 is the grey area. 2002 and after they all knew and they did nothing.

about them.

gotta wonder if these noble caring social justice warrior folks would be writing "Manning Shoves his Junk if Girl's Faces" on rocks had his hiring as head coach been bandied about.

Same with Al Golden not getting a sniff from any college in the country and Bradley hearing crickets. Nobody wants to be associated with that zoo. Sure it was partly just an excuse but the fact that it is even being used as an excuse speaks loudly. We should get as far away fro those fiends as possible.

Golden was already hired at two different colleges as a HC.

He's not getting looks now because he sucked at Miami.

Same with Al Golden not getting a sniff from any college in the country and Bradley hearing crickets. Nobody wants to be associated with that zoo. Sure it was partly just an excuse but the fact that it is even being used as an excuse speaks loudly. We should get as far away fro those fiends as possible.

Or maybe Al Golden not succeeding in Miami with all that talent is the reason why he is not getting a sniff from colleges. It is this simple if they were good enough people wouldn't care. All of this from Tennessee is fake compassion to hide the real motive. Again GS left PSU before 1998 not sure what he knew back then and guess what nobody else but him and maybe 1 or 2 other people know either. Anyone on staff after 2002 they more than likely knew so if they stayed longer than one season then I could see the guilty by association argument.

It had everything to do with it. Are you paying attention?

you realize if Schiano was 70-30 at Georgia instead of 50-50 at Rutgers (or whatever average record he had) no one would have given 2 cents about the Penn State stuff and they would have welcomed him with open arms

about them.

True--and what it really did was bring that whole sordid affair that I feel was too quickly forgotten back into the national public eye.

Golden was already hired at two different colleges as a HC.

He's not getting looks now because he sucked at Miami.
Nope. After he was fired at Miami, he went to the Lions. He was at Miami when the scandal broke. He was doing well at Miami until 2014 when everything fell apart. He was 32-25 at there. Anyone that thinks that he got zero offers because of that record are stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT