ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Packers

I don’t know how that’s an incomplete pass, but I also don’t know how you should be able to challenge that. Couldn’t we argue that we heard the whistle blow the play dead and didn’t go for the ball, for example?
If it’s a clear recovery by one team they can overturn, ball is dead at the spot though no return allowed.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Man, on that third Love had guys open because Pittsburgh was not ready but he threw it badly to the wrong guy.

If it’s a clear recovery by one team they can overturn, ball is dead at the spot though no return allowed.
I get that, but I’m just saying that I don’t think anything after the whistle shouldn’t be considered because we don’t know what impact the whistle blowing has on everything that happens after that.

I give credit to the league for letting them “play it out” in most instances nowadays, and they probably should’ve done it there before making an incomplete ruling. But hey, water under the bridge, right?

Reactions: Chaos
To some extent, but if Pickett had played quarterback anywhere close to as bad as Wallace has played corner the Stillers would be more like 2-6 or 1-7 rather than 5-3.
It’s kind of a mystery why Wallace isn’t getting more blame than he has, he’s been bad literally every week. I understand them not making a move for a CB at the deadline, this team just isn’t close enough to being a contender to warrant it. However it will need to be addressed again in the off-season, there’s just no way he can be out there again in 2024.

Woulda really like some points before half. That 2nd down run was odd and the 3rd down pass was super risky. Shoulda/Coulda been DPI though.

I get that, but I’m just saying that I don’t think anything after the whistle shouldn’t be considered because we don’t know what impact the whistle blowing has on everything that happens after that.

I give credit to the league for letting them “play it out” in most instances nowadays, and they probably should’ve done it there before making an incomplete ruling. But hey, water under the bridge, right?
It worked in the Steelers favor this time, but my biggest gripe with replay is the archaic call on the field takes precedence part. With the advances in camera angles and the ability to do about anything with video they need to just make the call based off what they see on replay and not care what the original call may have been.

On the second down run, it looked like if Harris had cut to the right it looked like he had a huge hole to cut through. But instead he went back to the left right into all the traffic.
Hate to be a broken record but Warren is just a much better player. He also typically is in on the passing situations. Surprised he was not in the game there. He gets those extra yards. All due respect to Najee who has played fine today.

Hate to be a broken record but Warren is just a much better player. He also typically is in on the passing situations. Surprised he was not in the game there. He gets those extra yards. All due respect to Najee who has played fine today.
Agree. He should have been in the game for the 2 minute drill series.

CJ Stroud is showing he's the best up and comer. 13-21, 198 and a tuddy @ Cincy. Panthers definitely regret taking Bryce Young

Agree. He should have been in the game for the 2 minute drill series.
Warren is hands down the best back on the team. This is an Ezekiel Elliott - Tony Pollard situation where the less pedigreed back is twice the player of the guy getting paid (which never makes sense for a running back) so the team won't feature them. I don't think it is outlandish to say Warren is one of the best backs in the NFL.

This looks lay calling is just so bad. Take Love’s TD pass. 2 Steelers were in the same zip code so it’s a throw Kenny is even allowed to consider.

Then, we have our run game going now. How much play action and use of the middle of the field in the passing game have we seen? Any? I’d love to see a chart of where the throws are going. I suspect not having a TE to throw to is part of it. But my lord, can’t we get receivers open in the middle of the field?

What a role reversal. Just about every week it's moaning and groaning about the offense. This week, well the defense isn't prepared at all.

Watt is not the greatest run support player when the play comes at him but when he has to scrape in pursuit he is relentless.

Reactions: Allan McMurray
We are getting no pressure and aren't covering anyone. Thankfully we are facing Jordan Love

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT