ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Gamethread

Without the hold I don’t think JuJu catches it. Mahomes threw it quickly and it was far into the end zone.

Uhhhhh

This playing for a FG???

What? I get running clock… but I don’t get this

Bad field, worse refs. The score suggests a good game, but it really doesn’t feel like it, given the sloppiness, the slips, and bad officiating. The league should be ashamed. Amateurish.

Reactions: 303vND
That was a close game, but I don't know if I would call it a good game. I can't stand Kelce. Joey David would probably blow him, though.

HOW THE F DO YOU CALL AN IFFY AT BEST HOLD IN A TIE GAME LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER IN THE SUPER BOWL?!?!?!

I HAVE NO ROOTING INTEREST BUT STILL, SUCH A TERRIBLE LOOK BY THE NFL. OFFICIATING HAS BEEN AWFUL THE WHOLE SEASON.

IF IT WAS SOMETHING EGREGIOUS THAT'S 1 THING, NOT A LAME ASS HOLD CALL LIKE THAT!!

SHAMEFUL

HOW THE F DO YOU CALL AN IFFY AT BEST HOLD IN A TIE GAME LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER IN THE SUPER BOWL?!?!?!

I HAVE NO ROOTING INTEREST BUT STILL, SUCH A TERRIBLE LOOK BY THE NFL. OFFICIATING HAS BEEN AWFUL THE WHOLE SEASON.

IF IT WAS SOMETHING EGREGIOUS THAT'S 1 THING, NOT A LAME ASS HOLD CALL LIKE THAT!!

SHAMEFUL

Pitt vs Butler esque.

Reactions: PittPoker

SHAMEFUL
Saved Philly from burning to the ground, rioting and looting. DOJ and FBI involved in that penalty call.

Definitely a weak call there. There’s a lot worse that goes on in the game that isn’t called.

And yes Kelce is a complete jackass

I thought that the Eagles blew it. With a 10-point halftime lead - and Mahomes injured - they should’ve been easy money. But maybe the problem was that they thought that they were easy money, too?

Philly’s defense just disappeared in the second half.
They didn’t just disappear, they got embarrassingly outsmarted for 2 TDS…on the same play. And then they topped that off by letting a gimpy Maholmes ramble up a wide open middle of the field for a long run. Just can’t lose containment of the QB that bad.

The defensive hold they called to give the Chiefs the game was weak but otherwise the Eagles deserved to lose with their defensive play in the 2nd half.

As an Eagles fan, it’s nice to know that Gannon will probably be hired as a head coach somewhere soon.

Hurts proved he is the guy, though, as he has all year. He played at a level that should have won his team the game. Thrilled to have him and hope we lock him down long-term.

They didn’t just disappear, they got embarrassingly outsmarted for 2 TDS…on the same play. And then they topped that off by letting a gimpy Maholmes ramble up a wide open middle of the field for a long run. Just can’t lose containment of the QB that bad.

The defensive hold they called to give the Chiefs the game was weak but otherwise the Eagles deserved to lose with their defensive play in the 2nd half.
They also gave up the longest punt return in SB history.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
The fumble by Hurts and the punt return were killers for the eagles . Hurst was impressive otherwise

They also gave up the longest punt return in SB history.
Yeah good call, I forgot to mention that one. That was both a fantastic play by the Chiefs PR and ineptitude by the Eagles coverage because as he was getting ready to catch the ball it sure looked like he was going to be dead to rights with about 5 Eagles defenders bearing down on him. Unbelievable he was able to make one juke and fake all of them out and then free sailing to the other side of the field.

SHAMEFUL
Seemed an appropriate call m

Kelce pretending any reasonable person out there disrespected the Chiefs is driving me insane.
To be fair, lots of people were skeptical on their chances of winning the Super Bowl coming into this season due to the losses of Hill and Matheiu, not to mention the AFC West getting tougher on paper.

Eagles we're the better team but sirianni got severely outcoached in the 2nd and you can give up a fumble td and a punt return in the SB.

To be fair, lots of people were skeptical on their chances of winning the Super Bowl coming into this season due to the losses of Hill and Matheiu, not to mention the AFC West getting tougher on paper.
I was one of them, but the Chiefs do a great job of finding cheap talent who have speed. They definitely don’t have a $108 million defense but seem to step up when needed. One high-priced player, Clark, doesn’t even seem to make much of an impact.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Seemed an appropriate call m
Yes, they have really change football so much it is getting hard to watch and enjoy the games. The more ticky tac stuff they want to call for the sake of "more offense" the more can't be called on every down because the game would be slowed to a halt, so the officials decide when to call it and when not too, you end up with lousy plays like this as one of the 3 most important 'highlights' of the game.

Are you serious? That was Willis Reed-level.
He was hurt and performed very well on the biggest stage. He willed his team to victory. There is no debating this. Mahomes is one of the Top 5 QB’s in NFL history and he’s only 27.
I've been watching nfl since 1980 and after this years playoffs there is no one I'd take above Mahomes. No one. Not that close for me.
He's just Unlikeable ..
I think he's likeable i think his wife is annoying and his brother is a jacka$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT