ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M vs UNC and Cincy vs UGA

I see Georgia as being light years better than Cincinnati, but there’s always that question of motivation and opt outs. Georgia is loaded with NFL talent, the question is how many of them will elect not to play in this game.

Reactions: pittdan77
I see Georgia as being light years better than Cincinnati, but there’s always that question of motivation and opt outs. Georgia is loaded with NFL talent, the question is how many of them will elect not to play in this game.
So much of it is who shows up and truly wants to play. I like rooting for the underdog, so I’ll pull for Cincy.

I was hoping the Bearcats would get a chance to avenge their Sugar Bowl loss to the Gators.

Circa hung Georgia -6, pretty much of a crapshoot until you find out who’s playing. I assume JT Daniels will, they are a different team since he’s been able to play.

I’d rather have seen undefeated Coastal over a 3-loss relatively average Iowa State in NY6. I’m not sure I even understand ISU over IU. OSU is supposedly the 3rd best team in the country and IU lost 1 game by a TD to them at osu. ISU losing 2x to #6 and #21 okie state and a bunch of wins vs a bad B12 is better? You’d think ISU is a blue blood program.

Oregon - ISU is easily the worst NY6 bowl. Coastal very well could’ve beat a team like Oregon and at least they would’ve drawn some viewers. There’s no interesting angle on ISU vs Oregon matchup at all. Oregon backing into their spot because Wash couldn’t play in PAC title game?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I’d rather have seen undefeated Coastal over a 3-loss relatively average Iowa State in NY6. I’m not sure I even understand ISU over IU. OSU is supposedly the 3rd best team in the country and IU lost 1 game by a TD to them at osu. ISU losing 2x to #6 and #21 okie state and a bunch of wins vs a bad B12 is better? You’d think ISU is a blue blood program.

Oregon - ISU is easily the worst NY6 bowl. Coastal very well could’ve beat a team like Oregon and at least they would’ve drawn some viewers. There’s no interesting angle on ISU vs Oregon matchup at all. Oregon backing into their spot because Wash couldn’t play in PAC title game?
And then there’s Colorado. They only played five games, but it’s a shame that the PAC 12 didn’t abolish divisions and allow them to play for a conference championship.

In other news, Indiana is the highest ranked AP team (7th) to not make a New Year’s Six bowl; they settle for the Outback Bowl against 4-5 Ole Miss. They were 11th in the CFP rankings.

Indiana and Coastal Carolina should have been ranked higher and Iowa St was overrated in the final rankings. ISU went 8-3 and lost by 17 points to a team that CC beat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT