ADVERTISEMENT

The Next Coach names.

He has 3 NCAA Tournament appearances in 20 years. The bigger issue, he hasn't put together a string of good seasons in a row together.
Stick to your ORTG's and
awesome player predictions
such as Payton and Santos.

Here's Coach Schmidt who
you just toasted saying
"he hasn't put together a
string of good seasons in
a row."
2021- 16-5 NCAA Tourney
A10 Season and
Tourney champs.
2020- 19-12
2019- 18-16
2018- 26-8 NCAA Tourney
2017- 20-12
2016- 22-9

The above were preceeded
by some other winning years
includling 2012 A10 champs
and an NCAA bid.
Also had a
1st round draft choice on
that team. I'm not pushing
for Schmidt to come to
Pitt. Do us a favor and get
your facts straight.

Im a believer in that, a real quality coach will consistency be able to win just about anywhere. And I would be looking at a coach that is either more consistent like a Rick Pitino or someone that is consistency winning at a high level in the moment right now over the course of the last 3-5 years at a high level. For me, the only exception outside of this that I would consider is Knight.
He is consistent for Bonaventure. They're ranked in the preseason for the first time in 40 years. The last time they made the tourney before he got there was in 1999 or 2000.

Stick to your ORTG's and

Here's Coach Schmidt who
you just toasted saying
a row."
2021- 16-5 NCAA Tourney
A10 Season and
Tourney champs.
2020- 19-12
2019- 18-16
2018- 26-8 NCAA Tourney
2017- 20-12
2016- 22-9

The above were preceeded
and an NCAA bid.
Also had a
for Schmidt to come to
your facts straight.

And I'm sure he can recruit better than Capel. My 2 year old grandson can recruit better than Capel, so Schmidt would be an improvement.

The fact is that there are many coaches out there with strong resumes, stronger than what we've had here recently. If any of them were interested in a Pitt head coaching position, it would be an improvement.

Stick to your ORTG's and

Here's Coach Schmidt who
you just toasted saying
a row."
2021- 16-5 NCAA Tourney
A10 Season and
Tourney champs.
2020- 19-12
2019- 18-16
2018- 26-8 NCAA Tourney
2017- 20-12
2016- 22-9

The above were preceeded
and an NCAA bid.
Also had a
for Schmidt to come to
your facts straight.

That isnt winning at a high level consistently. It isnt going to the NCAA Tournament Consistently or winning the conference consistently. Double digit losses in the A-10 consistently. Again, thats my opinion. It isnt good enough is my opinion.

The Coach that I am speaking of, Mckay, is going up against LSU on the road, Mizzou, and Rick Pitino and Iona right out of the gate. We will find out what Mckay does but he has a lot of confidence in his team to schedule games like that. The Coach Im talking about is the runaway favorite to win 4 straight conference titles in a row, both regular season and tournament championships. And he was taught from one of the best coaches in D1. Again, that's my opinion.

Schmidt actually brought
the Bonnies back from the
dead. They were suspended
by the NCAA back around
2001 for violations. They
were worse off than the
Stallings years here. When
Schmidt arrived, he had a
losing season followed by
by several 500 type
seasons. They're pre season
favorites to repeat again
as champs this year. Vader,
go back and look at your post.
You're proven wrong, AGAIN.

Reactions: PittPoker
Schmidt actually brought
the Bonnies back from the
dead. They were suspended
by the NCAA back around
2001 for violations. They
were worse off than the
Stallings years here. When
Schmidt arrived, he had a
losing season followed by
by several 500 type
seasons. They're pre season
favorites to repeat again
as champs this year. Vader,
go back and look at your post.
You're proven wrong, AGAIN.

If Schmidt was such a hot commodity, he would have had far more Power 6 offers on the table to upgrade his job status in the past. Maybe after a good year this year, he gets better offers to leave.

If Schmidt was such a hot commodity, he would have had far more Power 6 offers on the table to upgrade his job status in the past. Maybe after a good year this year, he gets those offers.
Are you THIS stupid. I
started off saying I wasn't
pushing for him to come
to Pitt. I was taking issue
with your statement that he
hadn't "put together a string
of good seasons in a row
together." As you can see,
he has.

I don't think he's a good fit
for Pitt. However what he's
done in Olean makes a
mockery of your comment.

As far as offers, he's turned
down quite a few. Why? Well
maybe he likes Olean, N.Y. I
have no idea, but I do know
you're off on this one. Typical.

Are you THIS stupid. I
started off saying I wasn't
pushing for him to come
to Pitt. I was taking issue
with your statement that he
hadn't "put together a string
of good seasons in a row
together." As you can see,
he has.

I don't think he's a good fit
for Pitt. However what he's
done in Olean makes a
mockery of your comment.

As far as offers, he's turned
down quite a few. Why? Well
maybe he likes Olean, N.Y. I
have no idea, but I do know
you're off on this one. Typical.

Your definition of what is considered good and my definition of what is considered good are different. 18-20 wins in the A10 is not good enough for me.

It certainly is different.
You consider players like
Santos and Payton as
good. I see them as barely
average, if that.
I give him that Santos was highly thought of until injured.

I am certainly anxious to see Payton play. Don’t trust Capel to have his usage pegged right. He may be doubling down on his recruiting mistakes in Jeffress and Collier. Neither has any offensive game and Collier can’t even make free throws.

It certainly is different.
You consider players like
Santos and Payton as
good. I see them as barely
average, if that.

You said the same thing about Femi last year 5 games in. You also said a lot of negative things about AKC who is actually playing a lot for Coach Schmidt and the Bonnies so far with a 12 point 4 board effort in 17 minutes and Coach Schmidt is using AKC in the offense for a Top 25 nationally rated team. I guess Schmidt sees some of the same things in Coulibaly that I saw with him at Pitt last year.

Listen, don't turn into the other guy and start hating on a freshmen that's played 1 total game at Pitt in his career to try to take a cheap shot at me. Santos doesn't need cheapshots 1 game into his career here or anyone calling him a bust after 1 game when he got thrown into the fire.

I clearly missed on Gerald Drumgoole. If the goal is to say you got me, that is a player that is an official bust that you can say you got me.

Random Names I don't think anyone mentioned yet but I'm sure there's a mistake or 3 on this list.

Niko Medved - Colorado State

Kyle Smith - Washington State

Darian Devries - Drake

Grant McCasland - North Texas

Dustin Kearns - Appalachian State

Craig Smith - Utahn State

Matt Figger - Austin Peay

James Jones - Yale

Bob Richey - Furman

Damon Stoudemire - Pacific

Brian Wardle - Bradley

Todd Golden - San Fran

Luke Murray - Louisville Ass

Joel Justus - Kent. Assistant

Ryan Odom - Utah st

Levelle Moton - North Carolina Central

Pat Kelsey - Winthrop

Brian Collins - Tennessee state

Ray Harper - Jacsonville State

Chris Jans - New Mexico State

Will Jones - North Carolina A & T

Random Names I don't think anyone mentioned yet but I'm sure there's a mistake or 3 on this list.

Darian Devries - Drake

James Jones - Yale

Bob Richey - Furman

Brian Wardle - Bradley

Todd Golden - San Fran

Ryan Odom - Utah st

Pat Kelsey - Winthrop

Half of those people are not at their current jobs lol. I’ll go over as many as you’d like with yes or no though.

Luke Murray was fired at Louisville and is back with Danny Hurley.

Joel Justus was fired and is associate head coach for Bobby Hurley.

You listed two coaches for Utah State. The correct one is Ryan Odom.

Damon Stoudmire left pacific for NBA Assistant

Ray Harper is one of the best pure coaches in the country. He’s also a raging alcoholic and abusive to staff.

You said the same thing about Femi last year 5 games in. You also said a lot of negative things about AKC who is actually playing a lot for Coach Schmidt and the Bonnies so far with a 12 point 4 board effort in 17 minutes and Coach Schmidt is using AKC in the offense for a Top 25 nationally rated team. I guess Schmidt sees some of the same things in Coulibaly that I saw with him at Pitt last year.

Listen, don't turn into the other guy and start hating on a freshmen that's played 1 total game at Pitt in his career to try to take a cheap shot at me. Santos doesn't need cheapshots 1 game into his career here or anyone calling him a bust after 1 game when he got thrown into the fire.

I clearly missed on Gerald Drumgoole. If the goal is to say you got me, that is a player that is an official bust that you can say you got me.
What I said about AKC stands.
I didn't see him as a decent
ACC center. He moved down
a level where he belongs. He's
playing as a non starter. He's
surrounded by five returning
starters on a championship
team.

The same could be said about
Ellison at Pitt a few years ago.
He also transferred, moved down
a level and became the star on
a lower level where he also belonged
(Hartford). He averaged 18ppg.
AKC is now where he belongs.
As for Femi, at first glance I
wasn't impressed. I praise him
on here repeatedly.
Drumgoole.... one of many you
overhyped.

team.

on here repeatedly.
overhyped.

AKC is a very sold backup big. He is perfect for his role at Bona

team.

on here repeatedly.
overhyped.

AKC is a quality depth piece on a ranked team, which is what I said he should be all along, a quality player that is good enough for an NCAA team. The level is irrelevant because the team is Nationally Ranked and expected to win games in the NCAA Tournament, meaning multiple. Moving down a level means nothing when you are a contender on a potential Sweet 16 team. Schmidt has his chance to get it done this year.

Not a cheap shot at
all. I see him as barely
average. I'm on record
on here saying that aside
from Femi and Hugley,
the rest of our players are
"average" D1 players. I also
have repeatedly given
Jeffers a pass by saying he
has "latent talent."

AKC is a quality depth piece on a ranked team, which is what I said he should be all along, a quality player that is good enough for an NCAA team. The level is irrelevant because the team is Nationally Ranked and expected to win games in the NCAA Tournament, meaning multiple. Moving down a level means nothing when you are a contender on a potential Sweet 16 team. Schmidt has his chance to get it done this year.
I agree with he's a "quality
depth piece," I won't agree
that "the level is irrelevant."

Half of those people are not at their current jobs lol. I’ll go over as many as you’d like with yes or no though.

Ray Harper is one of the best pure coaches in the country. He’s also a raging alcoholic and abusive to staff.
I knew there would be mistakes and wrong shit.
But i knew there'd be a good name or a couple in there.

Lolol about Ray Harper.
The maniac alcoholic coach

Darian Devries - Drake

James Jones - Yale

Bob Richey - Furman

Brian Wardle - Bradley

Todd Golden - San Fran

Ryan Odom - Utah st

Pat Kelsey - Winthrop

Can we start listing WPIAL coaches too?

If you fire Capel, you have to hit a home run and hire a known quantity. This isn’t the time to hire an up and comer. Overpay for guaranteed results. You can reach on your next hire.

Can we start listing WPIAL coaches too?
Id prefer you as the coach. But somethings aren't realistic. I don't agree or disagree with any coach mentioned just wanted to get all the names that are mentioned in different places.
Everyone mentioned the obvious and then some people mentioned some other mid major names.
There's probably someone obvious we aren't thinking of. Maybe not.

Id prefer you as the coach. But somethings aren't realistic. I don't agree or disagree with any coach mentioned just wanted to get all the names that are mentioned in different places.
Everyone mentioned the obvious and then some people mentioned some other mid major names.
There's probably someone obvious we aren't thinking of. Maybe not.

I have not even thought about putting an actual coaching list together to be honest. I still cant believe the last 10 days to be honest too.

But if its not a major name from a consistent winner, like a Pitino, Im warming up to the idea of going cheaper with a midmajor coach or Knight and trying to get the 2 best assistants money can buy.

If there is any way to recapture this fanbase as it is in grave condition and on life support as we speak, its either going be a name brand name like Pitino, or a recruiting staff that can actually haul in major talent in the first year with a top 15 type class in the first year. Anything else after Stallings and Capel and if Lyke gets it wrong, you are looking at a ghost town at the Pete if the hire isnt right or the staff isnt right.

I have not even thought about putting an actual coaching list together to be honest. I still cant believe the last 10 days to be honest too.

But if its not a major name from a consistent winner, like a Pitino, Im warming up to the idea of going cheaper with a midmajor coach or Knight and trying to get the 2 best assistants money can buy.

If there is any way to recapture this fanbase as it is in grave condition and on life support as we speak, its either going be a name brand name like Pitino, or a recruiting staff that can actually haul in major talent in the first year with a top 15 type class in the first year. Anything else after Stallings and Capel and if Lyke gets it wrong, you are looking at a ghost town at the Pete if the hire isnt right or the staff isnt right.
Until there’s results on the court I don’t care who the coach is in regards to attendance . A Pitino or Pearl might add a couple thousand , but in no way covers the cost of hiring them .

Ps.. both those guys play by their own rules …. NOT the Pitt way .

I see one of the headlines refers to Capel's seat getting warm. LOL! I contend that his seat has been burned beyond recognition and has been pulled out from under him. He should be gone today, but won't be. Pathetic.

If Capel were to get the boot today I have one name that I'm going to beat the drum very hard for and its Bob Richey from Furman. He's 89-35 and winning games at a high clip, he's only 38 years old so he's young and hungry. He took over for Niko Medved when he bolted for Drake I believe. He took what Medved did and elevated it. I have another name but he's a west coast mid-major guy and everyone here would crap on him but I think he's going to be a star.

Reactions: Drew1208
If Schmidt was such a hot commodity, he would have had far more Power 6 offers on the table to upgrade his job status in the past. Maybe after a good year this year, he gets better offers to leave.
Dude you're so clueless you're probably calling Heather at the office begging her to extend Capel again.

If Capel were to get the boot today I have one name that I'm going to beat the drum very hard for and its Bob Richey from Furman. He's 89-35 and winning games at a high clip, he's only 38 years old so he's young and hungry. He took over for Niko Medved when he bolted for Drake I believe. He took what Medved did and elevated it. I have another name but he's a west coast mid-major guy and everyone here would crap on him but I think he's going to be a star.
I wont crap on him. Todd Golden???

It's already a ghost town at The Pete and it will get worse when we win enough games to count on one hand the rest of the year. Stallings was really bad, Capel is worse for a multitude of reasons. I'm tired of his excuses and platitudes.

Lyke has to just get us a coach who can...you know...COACH. From the sounds of a lot of you guys on this board, there are some candidates here who could do a better job than Capel.

It's already a ghost town at The Pete and it will get worse when we win enough games to count on one hand the rest of the year. Stallings was really bad, Capel is worse for a multitude of reasons. I'm tired of his excuses and platitudes.

Lyke has to just get us a coach who can...you know...COACH. From the sounds of a lot of you guys on this board, there are some candidates here who could do a better job than Capel.

How do we know the mid-major guy can actually coach? Most of those guys dont work out?

As for Stallings, I think we'd all agree we would have been better these last 4 years had we kept Stallings. Just unbelievable

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Yeah I didn't mean him specifically, but I we need to stop looking at someone who is going to bring in top 100 kids as our answer. We need a guy who is going to coach, develop, have a system, get guys who fit. I mean, we need a team who can knock down shots. The 3 pointer is a great equalizer.
That is exactly right. We are not and have never been a school that will out-recruits people. We need a scheme, we need to recruit too 100-150 kids and we need kids who feel under appreciated.

Reactions: cabe23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT