ADVERTISEMENT

The one song that makes you think of your days at PITT

I wasnt at Pitt then but "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" makes me think of the Cincy debacle. They played that song when we were up 31-14 late in the 2nd Quarter and the place was throbbing, singing, maybe the best atmosphere I've ever been a part of even including the PSU win. We were making our Sugar Bowl plans. Then Mardy Gilyard happened.

Reactions: Shomeydamoney
Super Freak Rick James
For TV pleasure Pitt 75 wrap up with Billie Hillgrove and Chicago Only the Beginning and the 1976 abc college preseason special, feature with TD to ELOs Fire on High how true

Reactions: Pitt1975
First I look at the purse

one of the greatest of all time and a great lesson for young men all over the world.

Reactions: Pitt1975
Still the One...Orleans
Year of the Cat...Al Stewart

1976!

I was 10 at the time, but I loved watching the weekly "Johnny Majors Show" on WTAE. They would show highlights of the previous game and preview the upcoming game. I still remember the show before the Sugar Bowl that showed a great montage of plays from the entire season with "Year of the Cat" as the music.

Every time I hear the song, I think of this.

The year prior, the same show did something similar to preview the Sun Bowl and "Living Thing" by ELO was used.

Back in the late 1970's, I had the wonderful idea to try and walk on to the football team. I did this for two years and I remember one song that was played in the locker room and weight room inside Pitt Stadium on a daily basis. I'm sure there were others, but this one song, seemed to get most of us fired up a little bit.
Every time I hear the song, even now, it takes right back to that locker room and weight room...
- Earth, Wind and Fire's...September...For your enjoyment...

Reactions: ratking17
I was 10 at the time, but I loved watching the weekly "Johnny Majors Show" on WTAE. They would show highlights of the previous game and preview the upcoming game. I still remember the show before the Sugar Bowl that showed a great montage of plays from the entire season with "Year of the Cat" as the music.

Every time I hear the song, I think of this.

The year prior, the same show did something similar to preview the Sun Bowl and "Living Thing" by ELO was used.
LOL....same with the 1983 Fiesta Bowl with Pitt and Ohio State with the Lionel Ritchie song that goes "come and party, fiesta" I remember it playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT