Meechie Johnson *️⃣
Blake Hinson ✳️
Cashius McNeilly *️⃣
William Jeffress
Guillermo Diaz *️⃣
Nate Santos
Fede Federiko ✳️
Jorge Diaz *️⃣
That would be the best overall roster in quite awhile. What are the odds it happens?

PG- Nelly Cummings ✳️
SG- Jamarius Burton
SF- Nike Sibande
PF- Akok Akok *️⃣
C- John Hugley

Meechie Johnson *️⃣
Blake Hinson ✳️
Cashius McNeilly *️⃣
William Jeffress
Guillermo Diaz *️⃣
Nate Santos
Fede Federiko ✳️
Jorge Diaz *️⃣
👍 Count me in for this!

Would be the most talented roster on paper to date. Would love to see it. C’mon Capel, pull this off! H2P

PG- Nelly Cummings ✳️
SG- Jamarius Burton
SF- Nike Sibande
PF- Akok Akok *️⃣
C- John Hugley

Meechie Johnson *️⃣
Blake Hinson ✳️
Cashius McNeilly *️⃣
William Jeffress
Guillermo Diaz *️⃣
Nate Santos
Fede Federiko ✳️
Jorge Diaz *️⃣
Why McNeilly rather than Spears or someone else? Any inside info?

I think that last spot is fungible whether it’s McNeilly, Thiero or someone else, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go unfilled until closer to summer (remember that Mo Gueye didn’t commit until Memorial Day).

If he can pull this off it really is a good team, at least on paper. Any idea about Shawn Phillips, or when Meechie may commit (to whatever program)? I think Akok could help us a lot, hope they blow the doors off this visit.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Some video I saw on them was not too bad, but again video you have to take with a grain of salt. How does anyone know they arrived in Pittsburgh???

I've never heard us involved with McNeilly. Did I miss something? He's an interesting talent though.
Jake reported on twitter he has interest from Pitt, Louisville and Colorado. Gary posted it in another thread.

PG- Nelly Cummings ✳️
SG- Jamarius Burton
SF- Nike Sibande
PF- Akok Akok *️⃣
C- John Hugley

Meechie Johnson *️⃣
Blake Hinson ✳️
Cashius McNeilly *️⃣
William Jeffress
Guillermo Diaz *️⃣
Nate Santos
Fede Federiko ✳️
Jorge Diaz *️⃣
The key there is Akok, or a Gueye replacement. If we get a good replacement there, I would actually have expectations for this team. At this point, I'd consider starting Federiko at the 5, Hugley at the 4 and just trying to monster people. Federiko has good rebounding numbers and Hugley isnt a great rebounder but the 2 together could be a really high level rebounding team. Of course Hugley guarding stretch 4's would be a huge concern but they'd also have to guard him.

The key there is Akok, or a Gueye replacement. If we get a good replacement there, I would actually have expectations for this team. At this point, I'd consider starting Federiko at the 5, Hugley at the 4 and just trying to monster people. Federiko has good rebounding numbers and Hugley isnt a great rebounder but the 2 together could be a really high level rebounding team. Of course Hugley guarding stretch 4's would be a huge concern but they'd also have to guard him.
You're on crack bro

We all know what fede is coming to do.
He's a back up center
OK. I do believe they are going to go double bigs at times. Capel said it (although it could be a recruiting lie) and I think it makes sense. I see an L coming your way.

If Akok doesn't commit, I don't hate this idea.

Not really worried about Hugley guarding stretch 4s.. there really aren't many that scare you in college hoops. I'd be more concerned if it was a 6'7" kid that needs respected on the perimeter but can slash really well.

Pitt would have a huge size advantage.. and that's one way to separate yourself from other teams. Play good D and outrebound every single team. Not a bad formula at all.

I’m not sold on that roster being any different than any of the previous rosters.
I think it’s better but regardless what does that roster do about the shooting woes? Little to nothing??

If that’s what it ends up, again, I do think the team will be better but I’m hard pressed to have much excitement over it.

OK. I do believe they are going to go double bigs at times. Capel said it (although it could be a recruiting lie) and I think it makes sense. I see an L coming your way.
Because they've done that so much in past.
Mo was a 4.
They currently don't have one outside of hinson and maybe will at times.
Fede will play the collier role. You've seen the team. You know what they'll do.

Almost every player there is a complete wildcard other than Burton and Hugley who you know what you will get.

1. Cummings should be fine, maybe a tick or 2 worse than femi
2. Nike was a complete wildcard before the injury
3. Hinson took 2 years off so who knows what he can give
4. Akok Akok another wildcard with the injury he suffered which is worse than any of the others
5. Fede is what he is.’ A backup for Hugley at this point.

That team has more depth than they’ve ever had. It also has less shooting and absolutely no sure things. And Ca$hborough McNeilly isnt coming to Pitt

I guess the exciting part is the ceiling.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I've never heard us involved with McNeilly. Did I miss something? He's an interesting talent though.
Jake reported on twitter he has interest from Pitt, Louisville and Colorado. Gary posted it in another thread.
Also, FWIW, McNeilly played at Northern OK JC last season. Same JC as Federiko. Don’t know if that could be a connection w/r/t Pitt’s reported involvement with McNeilly or not?

But from my POV, think Pitt does definitely need to be trying to land someone who they feel can be a consistently accurate shooter from 3; whoever that may be.

I’m not sold on that roster being any different than any of the previous rosters.

It's more respectable than what things were looking like a few weeks ago, but yeah... I don't see how that team isn't struggling to stay out of the ACC basement. The guard play is still subpar; I don't know that the shooting will be any better; etc. Last year, we couldn't shoot and we couldn't create good looks. So at least one of those two things has to change drastically. I still think Nike is wayyyyy overrated on this board.

If Akok doesn't commit, I don't hate this idea.

Not really worried about Hugley guarding stretch 4s.. there really aren't many that scare you in college hoops. I'd be more concerned if it was a 6'7" kid that needs respected on the perimeter but can slash really well.

Pitt would have a huge size advantage.. and that's one way to separate yourself from other teams. Play good D and outrebound every single team. Not a bad formula at all.
Capel (and most coaches) will not try to win playing a big lineup.

It's more respectable than what things were looking like a few weeks ago, but yeah... I don't see how that team isn't struggling to stay out of the ACC basement. The guard play is still subpar; I don't know that the shooting will be any better; etc. Last year, we couldn't shoot and we couldn't create good looks. So at least one of those two things has to change drastically. I still think Nike is wayyyyy overrated on this board.
The legend of Nike certainly outweighs the production at Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT