ADVERTISEMENT

To the visiting UCF fans... HAHAHA!

How about whistle play dead on a defensive line offsides? Free play, Pitt scored a TD, play doesn't stop on offsides!!
They missed as obvious of a PI call as you’ll ever see, another extremely obvious defensive holding, and then that. I didn’t think it would get any worse than some of the previous missed calls, but blowing the whistle after an offsides is just flat out unacceptable at this level and that crew should be immediately put on the unemployment line.

If that happened in a youth rec league game every father there would be screaming and probably would tell the refs personally how awful they were at their jobs. At that level you should even expect a mistake like that to never be made, major college football... ridiculous for that to ever happen.

A great job by Pitt though, good teams overcome stuff like that. And really, it ended up being to our benefit. Had we scored there UCF would’ve had more time left on the clock to respond. So well, it was ridiculous for that to happen, but hey it worked out for us.

They missed as obvious of a PI call as you’ll ever see

They missed two obvious offensive pass interference calls on UCF. The first was right before halftime, when the Pitt db had perfect position to potentially intercept the pass and the UCF receiver just shoved him right off stride and right out of the play. I wonder what that field goal would have looked like if it were from 57 yards rather than from 42?

The other was on a long pass early in the 4th quarter, when the UCF receiver pushed the DB back to get separation on one of their long completions.

The worst non-interference call may have been on our third down in the 4th when the UCF linebacker was tackling the receiver and nothing was called. The other two were at least subtle enough that you could see how a ref might, might, miss them. That one was so obvious that there was no excuse for no one noticing.

Reactions: Farnox and Pittx9
I mean seriously, who bitches about the refs missing a call on a play that they admit that they didn't see what actually happened?

They missed two obvious offensive pass interference calls on UCF. The first was right before halftime, when the Pitt db had perfect position to potentially intercept the pass and the UCF receiver just shoved him right off stride and right out of the play. I wonder what that field goal would have looked like if it were from 57 yards rather than from 42?

The other was on a long pass early in the 4th quarter, when the UCF receiver pushed the DB back to get separation on one of their long completions.

The worst non-interference call may have been on our third down in the 4th when the UCF linebacker was tackling the receiver and nothing was called. The other two were at least subtle enough that you could see how a ref might, might, miss them. That one was so obvious that there was no excuse for no one noticing.
Agree with everything you stated there. I believe we are talking about the same missed PI call, it was almost identical to the infamous New Orleans Saints play that might very well ruin the NFL, guy literally tackled him well before the ball arrived.(Whole different topic with the NFL but personally I don’t like PI being reviewable but false starts, holdings, face masks, etc. not being.... all or nothing IMO.)

The OPIs you mentioned, I don’t really recall the 2nd one but the first one seeing it live I thought from my view it certainly looked like a push-off. Needless to say I can’t imagine that crew was graded very well for their performance today. Like I said though, we overcame as good teams do.

The defensive lineman touched the offensive lineman. When that happens the play is dead. That was obviously the correct call. For people who know the rules.
Wow, good eye if that’s true (no reason to think you’re lying). All I could see was slight movement and the ball being snapped. I really didn’t think there was even a question about that, I thought the ball was already snapped before contact. I only saw the play once live though and actually don’t recall if it was called offsides or encroachment. You have better eyes than I if you caught that though.

You have better eyes than I if you caught that though.

One advantage I had that most people didn't is that play was run very close to directly in front of me. I was sitting at about the 38 yard line, and the line of scrimmage on that play was around the 35, so I had a really good view looking straight down the line.

UCF beat some really good teams along the way and did get screwed out of a shot for the national championship, some of their fans do have issues, but I would love to see them in the ACC Costal, but given their address it may never happen. Don’t forget they pummeled us the last two years, so they are due respect.

UCF fans were respectful and fun to be around pre & post game! Only exception was the near brawl at the end of the game when UCF fans in Box 349 were flipping off Pitt fans in sections 232 & 233. Almost came to fisticuffs.

I mean seriously, who bitches about the refs missing a call on a play that they admit that they didn't see what actually happened?
yeah, was sitting their laughing with my son at the constant booing on a lot of calls when we know damn well from watching on tv they are probably correct with the call... same sort of psychosis that makes a parent think their kid'd team is constantly getting screwed by refs only to realize when you watch a game without your kid playing anymore the refs have no bias...

Last edited:
plus 1 to the OP .
eat it UCF . Pitt will never play you again . beat it.

That's the spirit! Some of the other posters may disagree, but who cares?

It would be low rent for me to go to their message board and rub it in. It's not however, low rent for me or anyone else on this board to address some of the dregs that have come over during the week with their condescending posts.

Reactions: Mikefln
As horrible as Gilmore is with his dumb comments he made a good point about why a lot of these teams from smaller conferences would struggle in a P5 conference. On the rare occasions you see them play a P5 team in back to back weeks they really tend to struggle.

It’s one thing to get up for one game, but to endure a season long grind is a different story.
I agree totally. Would just ask that it be taken into account that our players are 2 or 3 stars at best, against 3, 4, and 5 stars. Hope you guys run the table and if we do the same, perhaps get that best of 3 rematch in a NY6 bowl.

That's the spirit! Some of the other posters may disagree, but who cares?

It would be low rent for me to go to their message board and rub it in. It's not however, low rent for me or anyone else on this board to address some of the dregs that have come over during the week with their condescending posts.

I agree completely. I stated how I liked them because I like rooting for the underdog, but after dealing with their fans this week, I dislike them now. They really acted like they had the greatest team ever. I referenced to them they act like their offense was the greatest show on turf Rams team and the D was a splitting image of the 85 Bears. There compliments to Pitt was very backhanded.

You were 100% right in calling that crap out.

Reactions: pittmeister
I have to say that the UCF-paid officiating crew was one of the worst I have ever seen. Very incompetent. But they sure did try hard to make sure UCF won that game. Too bad for UCF they failed.

In spite of that, we beat them. Their defense was very mediocre to bad, which helped our cause to score some points. In the ACC on a week-to-week basis, they'd lose 3 or 4 games, maybe more depending on the opponent. And some of their players are garbage players. A lot of dirty play out there. That UCF team is vastly overrated. I thought they'd be tougher than PSU, but they weren't. They can score points by running a bunch of plays and playing like a high school team, but they can't stop anyone. That wouldn't play well in a P5 conference or against great defenses week in and week out.

I just saw the UCF schedule. They play UConn next week!!! You have got to be kidding! They practically dropped football. If Pitt played the UCF schedule, they could count on 10 wins every year and maybe even go undefeated once in a while. That schedule is a joke and is every year!

You are one of the most arrogant and insecure fan bases I’ve seen in a while. You remind me of the Rutgers fans. You are condescending and braggadocios.

Great call on comparison of UCF fans to Rutgers fans back in the Schiano/Ray Rice era. Such an unbearable fan base and you knew those fans hadn’t started going to games regularly until that 3-4 year successful period. Maybe UCF fans will enjoy the same future success Rutgers has, haha.

I just saw the UCF schedule. They play UConn next week!!! You have got to be kidding! They practically dropped football. If Pitt played the UCF schedule, they could count on 10 wins every year and maybe even go undefeated once in a while. That schedule is a joke and is every year!
Not to be out of order, but you guys have Delaware and Duke up next. With Syracuse, Miami and Boston College as well. Let's just be honest here.

Not to be out of order, but you guys have Delaware and Duke up next. With Syracuse, Miami and Boston College as well. Let's just be honest here.

Do you guys play anyone close to a PSU or UVA or Miami? We don't play Clemson this year but we do next year and have beaten them recently on their way to a NC. We have also beaten Miami when they were #2. Do you play anyone on that level???

I'll give you Delaware and they are the only real breather we have in the first 4 games. But Duke, Syracuse, Miami and BC are all better competition that what UCF plays year in and year out. You don't play anyone. This year, your toughest game was played yesterday against Pitt. There's a reason your team isn't part of the conversation for NC's with that kind of schedule. UConn???? LOL!!

And think about this. Pitt is a young team and considered middle of the pack in the ACC. We're a good team right now, nothing more. But we did beat a top 15 team and should have beaten another one last week. So we're getting better.

They’re coach should have kicked the field goal on the 4th down in Pitt territory. If he did, they would have won. He’s as cocky as his fan base....
True story lol. Maybe he didn't think 3 was enough though. His defense didn't stop our drives we did.

UCF beat some really good teams along the way and did get screwed out of a shot for the national championship, some of their fans do have issues, but I would love to see them in the ACC Costal, but given their address it may never happen. Don’t forget they pummeled us the last two years, so they are due respect.

We didn’t play them the last two years. Just last year and this year.

What really good teams did they beat?

I agree totally. Would just ask that it be taken into account that our players are 2 or 3 stars at best, against 3, 4, and 5 stars. Hope you guys run the table and if we do the same, perhaps get that best of 3 rematch in a NY6 bowl.
So many things would have to happen for a 1-loss team that plays the 90th hardest schedule to make a NY6. Probably somehow less likely than Pitt running the table then beating Clemson.

So many things would have to happen for a 1-loss team that plays the 90th hardest schedule to make a NY6. Probably somehow less likely than Pitt running the table then beating Clemson.
We just have to be the highest ranked G5, which means running the table from here on out.

Saw it both ways. Several UCF A-holes in our section being straight up rude and arrogant and at one point in the 4th refusing to sit down so fans behind them could watch the game. During the last drive though they did sit down and kept sinking lower and lower into their seats. Then had to slink out of the stadium. A beautiful sight indeed. Then on the way out several decent UCF fans approached us and offered sincere congratulations. Let's not forget Miami fans will be here in a few weeks and they are no better.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
yeah, was sitting their laughing with my son at the constant booing on a lot of calls when we know damn well from watching on tv they are probably correct with the call... same sort of psychosis that makes a parent think their kid'd team is constantly getting screwed by refs only to realize when you watch a game without your kid playing anymore the refs have no bias...

The guy sitting a couple seats over from me yelled after at least 75% of the UCF offensive plays that UCF was holding. Even if you think that they hold on almost every play (and of course we don't), I'd think that after about the 50th time you were yelling for it you'd realize that the refs weren't listening to you and you'd stop. Not this guy. He was calling for holding penalties right up to the end. Even on the sacks on the last UCF possession.

We just have to be the highest ranked G5, which means running the table from here on out.
Oh, my mistake. For some reason I thought they had to be ranked a certain place. I have no idea where I got that idea from.

Oh, my mistake. For some reason I thought they had to be ranked a certain place. I have no idea where I got that idea from.

UCF may not be ranked by the end of the year. They're borderline top 25 right now. That doesn't get you into NY6 bowl game. And from what I saw, they don't deserve to be in a top bowl of any kind.

You’re thinking of the BCS days when a school had to be like top 20 and then a P5 champion had to be outside of the top 15 or something like that. I’m pretty sure that’s how Northern Illinois got to the Orange Bowl that one year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT