ADVERTISEMENT

To the visiting UCF fans... HAHAHA!

Well when you have the luxury of going 10-2 and still make the playoffs, well take it. unfortunately we gotta be perfect for 3 years to be considered. You wouldn't understand.
Thanks for speaking the truth though, many programs don't want to admit that.
No one has the luxury of going 10-2 (11-2 with a conference championship) and still making the playoffs.

If that were the case, Penn State would’ve made it in 2016 and Ohio State wouldn’t have been leapfrogged by 11-1 Alabama (who missed the SEC Championship) in 2017. The precedent has been set that the committee will take a one-loss team over a two-loss conference champion.

Well when you have the luxury of going 10-2 and still make the playoffs, well take it. unfortunately we gotta be perfect for 3 years to be considered. You wouldn't understand.
Thanks for speaking the truth though, many programs don't want to admit that.
And UCF enters bowl season with a strength of schedule in the 80-100 range every year, but still schedules 1-AA teams and OOC G5 programs.

He can question all he wants. I told you what happened. The refs called exactly what I told you. And you admitted that you didn't actually see the play, but bitched about the call anyway.

I'd rather be "all knowing" and actually be right than be like you, "all knowing" without actually even seeing what happened but feeling the need to comment on it anyway.
Well, I said one time I didn't agree with the call. When you pointed out the touch, I didn't say anything else about the play. Just you smart ass initial attitude abut me saying something in the first place.

Why so bitter, dude?? Our seats are in 107 and we generally have visiting teams fans around us and these UCF folks were nothing but respectful and friendly. Did Pitt win the game today? Absolutely!! Don't get why you're so wound up. Sit back and enjoy the huge win!!! H2P!

Gotta admit, this was one for the ages! The teams' momentum ebbed and flowed, back and forth, and when it looked like maybe UCF would grab the hard-fought W, Pitt was not leaving empty-handed. Pickett and company calmly used the clock in its march down the field, and employed the Pitt Special as though it was your bread and butter play. Well done.

As we left the stadium, Pitt fans were buzzing, but not one jeer came our way. I was impressed with the general respect and courtesy I witnessed. After that tough loss to PSU, you deserved this one, and I'm thinking Pitt will have a pretty nice season!

Congratulations !

Last edited:
I have a big problem with the college game in regards to their offense. Why, after an incomplete pass must the refs hurry up and spot the ball? If it is an incomplete pass the offense should not get rewarded by making the defense hurry up. To me it's a stupid rule
agree 1000%...and they are under no obligation to do so rule wise as far as I know..for some reason they only do this to the teams that run that hurry up crap .. Not sure why a snap is allowed before the chains are set either...

And UCF enters bowl season with a strength of schedule in the 80-100 range every year, but still schedules 1-AA teams and OOC G5 programs.
uh, you think that is their doing? no one wants to play them home and home....

Why are these UCF fans still here?
When UCF won by 30 last year I didn't think Pitt deserved to be playing for the ACC championship but there you were. Relax man you won by 1 point at home on a trick play. A win is a win though, you did what you needed to do but please relax a little

Why are you still here? Defending UCF’s honor from the big bad Pitt fans on a message board?

Let’s examine your post....

“When UCF won by 30 last year” - A little dig on LAST YEAR’s results.... Well a win is a win as you say no matter what the score. Besides you were playing at home, right?

“I didn't think Pitt deserved to be playing for the ACC championship but there you were.”
You sound bitter and jealous... That’s ok, we don’t think you deserve to play in a P5 conference, so you’re not...

Go to your next opponent’s website (if they have one, I hear a lot of FBS schools don’t)...

No one wants to play them? No one? Not a low-level B10 or SEC team such as Minnesota or Arkansas? Are the upcoming UNC and GT series home and home or 2-for-1? Then here's the solution: Guarantee the visitors a set amount for the game in Orlando.

Other than that, the choices are: STFU and accept a 2-for-1 from the likes of UF, VT or Wisconsin -- teams that pack the house and will provide a good payday (since UCF fans are always crying poor). Or continue playing G5 OOC games.

This is not an intractable problem. If their AD spent more time getting creative in scheduling up, it WOULD happen. Instead, he's too busy putting up national championship signs and organizing national championship parades.

No one wants to play them? No one? Not a low-level B10 or SEC team such as Minnesota or Arkansas? Are the upcoming UNC and GT series home and home or 2-for-1? Then here's the solution: Guarantee the visitors a set amount for the game in Orlando.

Other than that, the choices are: STFU and accept a 2-for-1 from the likes of UF, VT or Wisconsin -- teams that pack the house and will provide a good payday (since UCF fans are always crying poor). Or continue playing G5 OOC games.

This is not an intractable problem. If their AD spent more time getting creative in scheduling up, it WOULD happen. Instead, he's too busy putting up national championship signs and organizing national championship parades.
No one wants to play them? No one? Not a low-level B10 or SEC team such as Minnesota or Arkansas? ..uh, yes, that would be a bingo....... A week ago (and a year or so for that matter) this entire board (cept for me) was up in arms of having such a tough OOC that included UCF..4 days ago they were crowned the best team on the schedule by the local experts on this forum were they not?

Last edited:

The time before this when Pitt scheduled them home and home, UCF chickened out on the return game at Pitt after Pitt beat them 52-7 at their place in 2006. Maybe other schools took note of that? I know if I were an AD, I sure would. I know I was somewhat surprised that Pitt bothered to schedule them again.

When you schedule games and have contracts, you don't renege and cherry pick depending on how good your team is when the date for the scheduled game arrives.

The time before this when Pitt scheduled them home and home, UCF chickened out on the return game at Pitt after Pitt beat them 52-7 at their place in 2006. Maybe other schools took note of that? I know if I were an AD, I sure would. I know I was somewhat surprised that Pitt bothered to schedule them again.

When you schedule games and have contracts, you don't renege and cherry pick depending on how good your team is when the date for the scheduled game arrives.
yeah, that's it, a missed game with Pitt 13 years ago......not their recent string of success and the very real potential of losing to a non power 5 team.....

Didn't read through this full thread and don't plan to but the UCF fans were some of the worst I have seen in all my years attending Pitt games. And I been attending for 25+ years.

The only obvious worse fan base is WVU.

The UCF fans reminded me of the Utah fans at the Fiesta bowl many years ago. So many of them were total A holes.

Reactions: PittFamily2
That win goes up there with the best ones I've seen over 44 years of attending Pitt games. What an improbable turn of events. Well done, Panthers!

Reactions: djbpitt
yeah, that's it, a missed game with Pitt 13 years ago......not their recent string of success and the very real potential of losing to a non power 5 team.....

You reap what you sow. AD's don't like to be left scrambling for games. Especially having to fill a home game. Not a good look. Whether it was 13 years ago or not. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, they want to cry nobody will play them? Like they say in Russia: "Tough $h!t$ky".

Reactions: Gary77
UConn could beat UCF. I know it probably won't happen, but it could. UCF isn't as good as their ranking and they have significant defensive deficiencies. If UConn can catch fire offensively and stop UCF once in a while, it might be closer than many think.

You reap what you sow. AD's don't like to be left scrambling for games. Especially having to fill a home game. Not a good look. Whether it was 13 years ago or not. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, they want to cry nobody will play them? Like they say in Russia: "Tough $h!t$ky".
why would Pitt then keep them on the schedule as they were hosed by the missed game?
nah, I'll stick with that had nothing to do with it...this team won 27 straight....there is no benefit (win or lose) in scheduling them..

So no P5 would schedule them home-and-home...then schedule 2-for-1. They are a young organization, with limited successful history, and crying that Alabama and UF don’t treat them as equals.

From 2007-2016 they played 24 P5 teams in 10 years and went 5-19 (3 of their wins vs P5s with sub .500 conference records). Let’s not pretend they have been this G5 powerhouse for a decade. This isn’t TCU, that went 16-4 against P5 teams in the decade before they were invited to the Big 12.

So no P5 would schedule them home-and-home...then schedule 2-for-1. They are a young organization, with limited successful history, and crying that Alabama and UF don’t treat them as equals.

From 2007-2016 they played 24 P5 teams in 10 years and went 5-19 (3 of their wins vs P5s with sub .500 conference records). Let’s not pretend they have been this G5 powerhouse for a decade. This isn’t TCU, that went 16-4 against P5 teams in the decade before they were invited to the Big 12.

Exactly. They are the “nouveau riche” and want to be treated like those who have put 100 years or more of blood, sweat and tears into their programs. Don’t like the attitude and sense of entitlement many of them seem to have.

why would Pitt then keep them on the schedule as they were hosed by the missed game?
nah, I'll stick with that had nothing to do with it...this team won 27 straight....there is no benefit (win or lose) in scheduling them..

Why? Because it was another mistake made by then Pitt AD Scott Barnes to put them back on Pitt's schedule. I don't consider something that Scott Barnes did as AD while at Pitt to be good practice. The guy was awful here.

Like the emu on the commercials, UCF will have to "figure it out". Just like Boise State, App State and some other programs currently at the top of the G5/FBS level.

I'm kind of convinced this is an excuse of convenience. It's pretty safe to say they're a middling P5 team if they're in a conference in their best season. So they get to play these select games and run around claiming there's something special down there and they get no respect when in reality, they're just a decent G5 program who get ranked higher than they should because it's fun for voters to inject some stupidity. Kind of like why Michigan stays ranked.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Were they really bad then? Was that right after O'Leary got fired?

It was Wanny’s second year when he started 6-1ish so Pitt was looking really good. Rutgers happened the next week and the wheels fell off. Coincidentally, Rod Gilmore did the announcing that night. Trevor Maddich was his analyst.

Why? Because it was another mistake made by then Pitt AD Scott Barnes to put them back on Pitt's schedule. I don't consider something that Scott Barnes did as AD while at Pitt to be good practice. The guy was awful here.

Like the emu on the commercials, UCF will have to "figure it out". Just like Boise State, App State and some other programs currently at the top of the G5/FBS level.

It wasn't Barnes that signed a home and home with UCF was it? I thought he didn't want to go on the road at non-power 5 schools. I thought Pederson made that deal. Or was it Randy Juhl?

Disappointing to hear a lot off UCF’s traveling fans were low class $hit talkers. I wouldn’t have expected that.

In my experience with most fan bases that’s usually more of a message board thing from a usual group of jagoffs.

The guy sitting a couple seats over from me yelled after at least 75% of the UCF offensive plays that UCF was holding. Even if you think that they hold on almost every play (and of course we don't), I'd think that after about the 50th time you were yelling for it you'd realize that the refs weren't listening to you and you'd stop. Not this guy. He was calling for holding penalties right up to the end. Even on the sacks on the last UCF possession.

Was I sitting next to you?

You should NEVER schedule a school that backed out of the return game of a scheduled H-and-H.

I'm with you 100%. Barnes was essentially derelict in his duties as Pitt AD. Fortunately Pitt had the last laugh in this instance. Still doesn't excuse Barnes' actions.

I'm with you 100%. Barnes was essentially derelict in his duties as Pitt AD. Fortunately Pitt had the last laugh in this instance. Still doesn't excuse Barnes' actions.
I think they did that to someone else also back then, was it the Hoopies?

I think they did that to someone else also back then, was it the Hoopies?

Didn't know that. But if they have done it to other P5 programs, maybe the word is out there and it's part of the reason they're having difficulty getting other P5's to agree to play them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT