ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence

The only thing I question with him hitting out of the park are his anticipation skills. When you play with elite talent and you have elite measurables, you often don't get to see those skills on a regular basis. It's kind of an unknown imo

Agreed, and without out anticipation skills, and other unknowns (things that can't be measured) careers turn sour quickly in the League as it becomes known fairly quickly. It is harder to know when one is on a super team and most times the opponents are far and away outclassed. Again I am not saying TL is destined for failure, but others have him in the HOF before he throws 1 completion.

My top 5:

1) Lawrence - two national championship appearances, one win as a true freshman. Lost 1 game in his entire career so far. He could have started in the NFL at 19 years old. If he wins again this year, I don't see how another QB could ever touch his career (2-1 in BCS Championships, #1 overall pick). Just the perfect storm of talent and opportunity.
2) Tebow - two BCS wins but in an easier era without the extra game of playoffs. He couldn't have scored enough to beat 2019 LSU either.
3) Vince Young - beating USC, maybe the most talented college team ever, puts him at #3. Was transcendent at the position. Might have made it in the NFL if he was drafted in 2016 instead of 2006.
4) Bush - electrifying running back. 8.5 yards per attempt from scrimmage. Scored a TD on nearly 8% of his touches.
5) Fitzgerald - do it all WR that should have won the Heisman as a sophomore WR. Carried that success to the NFL and is 2nd all time in career receiving yards.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT