ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Where does he rank on your All-Time list of greatest college football players over the last 20 years?

I think he is showing he is worth about 30 ppg and that is for a team as good as Clemson.

Is Heisman voting still open. If it is, he's locked it up. Plus he's got wheels in an era where that's no longer seen as a negative.

Probably #1 to be honest. Nobody else was as dominant for as long.

Guys like Tim Tebow, Reggie Bush, etc were great for a year or two, but Lawrence gets the nod because he’s been killing it for 3.

Is Heisman voting still open. If it is, he's locked it up. Plus he's got wheels in an era where that's no longer seen as a negative.

Actually Mac Jones was around -200 at most places I saw with Smith and Trask the only others under double digits.

Lawrence was somewhere in the 10/1 to 20/1 range.

If there's any scenario the stillers can work to get that guy they need to do it. However it's out of the question most likely. They do need to spend a pick on a QB that can potentially take over though. Rudolph has zero mobility and that is just not the game today.

Lawrence is going to be a NFL QB, and probably a good one. Hard to predict the details .

If there's any scenario the stillers can work to get that guy they need to do it. However it's out of the question most likely. They do need to spend a pick on a QB that can potentially take over though. Rudolph has zero mobility and that is just not the game today.

Lawrence is going to be a NFL QB, and probably a good one. Hard to predict the details .
It’s going to take no less than 5 first and second rounders plus more

Reactions: BFo8
He’s really, really good. Actually, a great college QB. I also think it will translate to the NFL. He’s much stronger than he appears because he’s 6’6”. But he can make all the throws.

None any better that has been the face of college football over a 3 year period.

Cam Newton & Joe Burrow have to be up there if you want to talk short term.

The only real hope is Tomlin for Lawrence ala Sanguillen for Tanner, if you are the Jets do you do it? If you are the Steelers do you do it?

That wouldn’t be near enough. Not even close.

If I were the Steelers I’d do it in a heartbeat. Anyone on the Jets that even considered it should never work in the NFL again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BFo8
The only real hope is Tomlin for Lawrence ala Sanguillen for Tanner, if you are the Jets do you do it? If you are the Steelers do you do it?

As poorly run as the Jets organization is I can’t see any way they would be that dumb. As for the Steelers they would literally make that deal in 0.1 seconds if they could.

That wouldn’t be near enough. Not even close.
As poorly run as the Jets organization is I can’t see any way they would be that dumb.

I am not sure that the move on the part of the Jets would be a bad move, Tomlin given the power could run a good solid organization for a long time. On the other hand ,history tells us, great college QB's are not a sure thing in the NFL by any means.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I am not sure that the move on the part of the Jets would be a bad move, Tomlin given the power could run a good solid organization for a long time. On the other hand ,history tells us, great college QB's are not a sure thing in the NFL by any means.

I agree. It wouldn’t be bad. It would be infinitely worse than bad. Whatever that word is.

And of course he’s no sure thing. Nobody is. But he’s as close as it gets. And as Souf pointed out it’s been 3 years of great. He’s got it ALL.

Tomlin might even tell Rooney he’d be crazy not to make that deal.

The Jets would be fools to not get more with an asset Lawrence.

Last edited:
The Steelers may or may not be able to secure a coach as good as Tomlin, but given their history I would expect it would not be a severe drop off. Especially if that new coach had Trevor Lawrence and a lot of other talent to work with.

On the other hand I don’t see the Mike Tomlin/Sam Darnold combination lighting the world on fire.

There is no way any sane person would make this deal unless it included Tomlin and a couple #1’s as well.

Reactions: whirlybird optio
You wouldn't make that trade for any coach unless it was Belichik 20 years ago and you somehow knew how good he was gonna be.

who was the guy calling jurkovich better than Lawrence? he is awful quiet tonight

It’s going to take no less than 5 first and second rounders plus more
If I was Steelers GM, it might be worth trading the next 5 1st rounders if you can get Lawrence.

There is a decent amount of talk that the Bama WR might win the Heisman ... is he having as good of a season as Fitzgerald did? He plays for a better team than Fitzgerald did which probably helps his cause.

Even the jets won't blow this one. He is the most complete QB I have seen coming out of college. Every tool he has is elite. He can make every throw from a laserbeam to a lob with touch. Plus he has amazing wheels for a 6' 6" 240 pound man.

I believe the jets have quite a few first rounders they got from Seattle for the Safety Jamaal Adams. Something like 5 first rounders in the next 2 years. He will take his lumps the first couple years, but, if they cash in with these other picks, I expect he will have the Jets in the hunt in year 4 or 5.

He is so much better than anyone else in contention. He is the best college football player in the last 20 years that I can think of. Tebow won a couple titles, but he isn’t even close to Lawrence.

Lawrence’s only hope is that Jones and Smith split the Alabama vote and enough people don’t like Trask and his record setting stats for whatever reason. Lawrence should be invited but I see him finishing 3rd or 4th in the voting.

Lawrence’s only hope is that Jones and Smith split the Alabama vote and enough people don’t like Trask and his record setting stats for whatever reason. Lawrence should be invited but I see him finishing 3rd or 4th in the voting.
Yea - I’m not saying he is going to win the Heisman. But he is hands down the best player.

Yea - I’m not saying he is going to win the Heisman. But he is hands down the best player.

I definitely realize that, was just speaking from a wagering perspective. Assuming the Alabama guys split the vote I think Lawrence needed Trask to be bad tonight, which he most certainly was not.

I definitely realize that, was just speaking from a wagering perspective. Assuming the Alabama guys split the vote I think Lawrence needed Trask to be bad tonight, which he most certainly was not.

I take back what I said about Trask. Very impressed with Kyle Trask tonight. The Gators obviously mailed it in the last 2 weeks.

I can’t believe we’re discussing Lawrence for Tomlin.

There is no NFL coach who has anywhere near the value of a top QB.

Just look at the Pats. Who would they rather have, BB, or Pat Mahomes??

If I was Steelers GM, it might be worth trading the next 5 1st rounders if you can get Lawrence.

There is a decent amount of talk that the Bama WR might win the Heisman ... is he having as good of a season as Fitzgerald did? He plays for a better team than Fitzgerald did which probably helps his cause.
He has a better QB throwing to him but I bet the local Alabama sports reporter will not vote for the QB from Oklahoma.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
He’s no maholme . He’s going to NYC so he will stand to make a fortune before he ever throws a pass . Nice to see him carve up ND.

I can’t believe we’re discussing Lawrence for Tomlin.

There is no NFL coach who has anywhere near the value of a top QB.

Just look at the Pats. Who would they rather have, BB, or Pat Mahomes??
How about if we throw in Ben w/ Tomlin to the Jets? And Pouncy, Connor, JuJu...

Reactions: NGPittCali
Watching the Bama game last night, I was so impressed with Kyle Pitts. I think TL and Pitts may be the most impactful players coming out of this class.

Btw, greatest player ever? Cant argue with TL, my immediate reaction was Lawrence Taylor at UNC

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I can see the Jets hammering this up. Remember when they had the chance to draft Warren Sapp, instead they drafted TE Kyle Brady #1, added to the fact the previous year they drafted a TE #1. Baffling...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT