ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Russell Wilson signing with Steelers per Schefter

Wilson has been on the top of my bucket list all along. It’s a low risk, high reward signing… if he doesn’t perform well, you either cut him or bench him (on the vet min); if he somehow can return to MVP form, this team can win the Super Bowl.
I don't know about win the Super Bowl, but if he just performs average, it's a step up from what we've been watching the last 2 years. even if they have a losing season, who cares? Maybe you're in position to draft a higher ranked QB in the next draft. As for Kenny let him compete until his contract is up, but don't guarantee him anything, play him only if he legitimately beats out the competition.

He’s not going to sign one year deal though. At least 2 but more likely 3.

Guy is on tail end of the career. So you are signing a declining 35 year old to a 3 year deal? A guy who is going to want a guaranteed starting role who doesn’t get along with coaches or management.

This isn’t as good as it sounds. People thinking you are going to get him for vet minimum for one year are out of their minds.

I don't know about win the Super Bowl, but if he just performs average, it's a step up from what we've been watching the last 2 years. even if they have a losing season, who cares? Maybe you're in position to draft a higher ranked QB in the next draft. As for Kenny let him compete until his contract is up, but don't guarantee him anything, play him only if he legitimately beats out the competition.
If Wilson comes here, there is no competition. He’s the starter and Pickett is backup.

If Wilson comes here, there is no competition. He’s the starter and Pickett is backup.
That's fine with me, Kenny has shown so little over 24 starts I feel like it's almost impossible to believe he'll ever be a competent NFL starter. Living on a Prayer should be his theme song, I feel like if he has even an average NFL starter season, I'll be shocked.

Unlike others, I'm not going to pretend it's everyone else's fault just because he's from Pitt, I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I don't feel it.

Reactions: VictoryLights

Yup. Enough with him being the backup nonsense. He’s on the backside of his career but still had a good year last year on a somewhat dysfunctional team. He’s really only had one bad year in his entire career.

If the Steelers do this, I’d consider shipping KP if anyone wants to send along picks for him. Unless KP is going to be a complete team player and accept being a backup this early in his career. That would be tough.

That's fine with me, Kenny has shown so little over 24 starts I feel like it's almost impossible to believe he'll ever be a competent NFL starter. Living on a Prayer should be his theme song, I feel like if he has even an average NFL starter season, I'll be shocked.

Unlike others, I'm not going to pretend it's everyone else's fault just because he's from Pitt, I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I don't feel it.
no kidding, i never knew this is how you felt about pickett..

I mean, Trubisky couldn't wait to get out of town to go back to the Bills so I guess they have to do something. The downside to Wilson will be if they will probably pay him too much.

I guess it depends on what he wants. I can’t imagine he would be all that expensive, at least compared to other options. Perhaps he wants a cheaper one year prove it deal. Doubtful.

So.....................................there is much more to this than just "a QB visiting". Russell Wilson is part owner of.......................Acrisure. Along with....Thomas Tull who is one of the minority owners of the Steelers.

Hmmmm....................

McAfee said if he wins, Sh*t talkin, white trash Yinzers will love him. lol. ok, as a fellow yinzer, i allow him to say this.

of course he said if he loses, we'll bash the hell out of him. think that's fair.

Reactions: jaebree422
Wilson will be joining the most dysfunctional front office and coaching staff in the NFL. Maybe he can get a playoff win inspite of all of the personnel mistakes made in the last 4 years by future Mensa candidate Rooney and hall of fame head coach Tomlin
this organization is just disorganized and really a mess. i've said it a few times, this organization is just in complete dissaray, very un-steeler like and what we've been used too most of our lives (if you are over 30 years old).

Much rather see Tannehill or Rudolph and draft one they like from the 3rd round on down.

no kidding, i never knew this is how you felt about pickett..
I'll repeat the comment as many more times as I feel like it, it might be hundreds more times that I post it here, until he either becomes good or leaves.

I'll stop as soon as I never see another post about it being Canada's fault or, the receivers dropped all his TD passes, or he never had any time and how he's blameless, after that I won't say anything again.
Actually KP played well AFTER Canada was fired against Cincy! You have to admit that the OL sucked the 1st 8 or so games!

Actually KP played well AFTER Canada was fired against Cincy! You have to admit that the OL sucked the 1st 8 or so games!
He's still not blameless, 80% of the time he's been on the field he's played poorly, yes, he's had some great comebacks.

this organization is just disorganized and really a mess. i've said it a few times, this organization is just in complete dissaray, very un-steeler like and what we've been used too most of our lives (if you are over 30 years old).
You know how they say "it's not your father's...." well hell. "It's not my Steelers". Since I was able to understand follow football, Dan Rooney was in charge and the Steelers were model franchise. Made few mistakes (Dan Marino maybe the biggest). Now? This group now, from ownership to scouts to management through the coaching staff, it is just another NFL franchise.

I mean, Wilson can probably be something around the 15th - 20th best quarterback in football, while Pickett would be more like 20th - 30th.

Nobody is claiming this is Joe Montana in his prime, but the dude threw for 26 touchdowns and 8 picks last season. He's better than Kenny Pickett. Sorry, but he is. Enough for it to matter all that much or for us to be contenders? No, I don't think so.

I mean if you can get Wilson for basically nothing because Denver will be paying him it’s a great move. I love Kenny, but him taking a step back and sitting isn’t an awful idea.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
You take Russell at league minimum and let him manage these young guns and let Kenny watch a pro and learn. Mitch was supposed to be that guy but he stunk up the place forcing them to start Kenny before his time with a horrible OC. This is a no brainer! Low risk/High reward! Make it happen!

No one is going to give Wilson big money. I’d be surprised if someone gave him $5 million plus.

Every penny you pay Wilson that team is defraying the cost Denver owes him.

No team should or will want to help Denver out, especially with Sean Payton as the coach.

This franchise is doomed to suck. You play the young guy you drafted in the 1st round. If he blows, at least you know you need to move on. Getting and playing a 36 year old qb and letting him take over, just sets back the franchise as long as he is here. They need to find a franchise qb, they can't afford to wait as long as they took to find Big Ben. Nothing against Russell, but all he would do is delay the process they must get through.

So it’s a good move if we sign him and go from 10-7 to a losing record. Signing Russ Wilson will retard the team’ s progress. He is 35 and we will be back to looking for a QB In a couple of years. This is the year to play Kenny with a new OC and decent play calling. Find out once and for all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT