ADVERTISEMENT

UVa 52 CSU 48

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
CSU is really bad. I watched them play, rooting hard for them to beat UNM but they are completely impotent. MWC going for 12th straight NCAAT loss by teams not named San Diego State

CSU is really bad. I watched them play, rooting hard for them to beat UNM but they are completely impotent. MWC going for 12th straight NCAAT loss by teams not named San Diego State

Part of me wants Virginia to win big because Im tired of listening about the mountain west.

Part of me wants Virginia to lose bad because I want Derek Dixon bad and Virginia is our main competition right now followed by Syracuse in 3rd to get him.

CSU has missed like 5 minimally contested layups and they’re still winning.

In case anyone wonders why the ACC got no respect, just take a look at the 3rd place team in the league.

Part of me wants Virginia to win big because Im tired of listening about the mountain west.

Part of me wants Virginia to lose bad because I want Derek Dixon bad and Virginia is our main competition right now followed by Syracuse in 3rd to get him.

I am rooting for UVa hard. I hate the MWC hard.

1st 2 possessions. Shot clock violation and airball 3. CSU has had 3 of the worst turnovers you'll ever see. This is a really really hard watch. UVa has the lowest talent level in the ACC and CSU is about at that level. I told you how bad this CSU team was. I was watching them play UNM and they looked like they didnt even belong on the same floor. My hope was the committee watched that midnight game because they looked God awful and you can tell it wasnt just a bad game. They have absolutely no athleticism, no shooters, defense is suspect. Its just a bad team

In case anyone wonders why the ACC got no respect, just take a look at the 3rd place team in the league.

UVa played a historically weak ACC schedule. Only 8 games vs UNC, Duke, Pitt, Wake, Syr, NC St, Clem. Thats why they finished 3rd. Pitt played 13 vs those teams

Reactions: gary2
So far it looks like your score prediction may have been a bit too optimistic.

I am rooting for UVa hard. I hate the MWC hard.

1st 2 possessions. Shot clock violation and airball 3. CSU has had 3 of the worst turnovers you'll ever see. This is a really really hard watch. UVa has the lowest talent level in the ACC and CSU is about at that level. I told you how bad this CSU team was. I was watching them play UNM and they looked like they didnt even belong on the same floor. My hope was the committee watched that midnight game because they looked God awful and you can tell it wasnt just a bad game. They have absolutely no athleticism, no shooters, defense is suspect. Its just a bad team

Beekman is like the Wanamaker of that team. He is the heart of that team and he is the one that gets them going. When he struggles, Virginia struggles bad. And right now, Beekman is struggling bad. Beekman better wake up real soon.

Beekman is like the Wanamaker of that team. He is the heart of that team and he is the one that gets them going. When he struggles, Virginia struggles bad. And right now, Beekman is struggling bad. Beekman better wake up real soon.
He’s the only player on their roster that anyone has to defend.

The committee obviously doesn't watch basketball. UVA doesn't even belong in the NIT

They certainly dont have the talent level of an NIT team but they play good defense and win enough games. I truly believe Louisville would crush these guys in a pickup game. The talent level is so bad.

UVa played a historically weak ACC schedule. Only 8 games vs UNC, Duke, Pitt, Wake, Syr, NC St, Clem. Thats why they finished 3rd. Pitt played 13 vs those teams
uhhhh….okay.

So let’s say they finished 4th. Does that improve the picture any for the ACC?

I’ll answer that-no.

They somehow threaded the needle to be ass enough that our win over them did it matter, but “good” enough that they helped keep us out.

UVa is so bad. Bennett is an unbelievable genius that he gets this team to win games. They'd have a tough time winning at the Y. What a disgrace this is. How could you watch this team play and think they are better than Pitt?

FWIW, Bennett's "run" is over. He's never going to be able to have those Top 5-10 teams again where he can win with older guys who've been at UVa 3 or 4 years. The free agency/NIL era killed what he did. I mean he's still going to go to the NCAAT every year because he is an incredible coach but this is what you are going to get.

I just turned it on and saw the halftime score of 28-14 or something like that.

And now it’s 37-16 with about 16 minutes to go.

Those scores really hammer home your last paragraph….no wonder the ACC got no respect.

UVa is so bad. Bennett is an unbelievable genius that he gets this team to win games. They'd have a tough time winning at the Y. What a disgrace this is. How could you watch this team play and think they are better than Pitt?

FWIW, Bennett's "run" is over. He's never going to be able to have those Top 5-10 teams again where he can win with older guys who've been at UVa 3 or 4 years. The free agency/NIL era killed what he did. I mean he's still going to go to the NCAAT every year because he is an incredible coach but this is what you are going to get.
Committee didn't watch them.

How could you watch UVA or Pitt this year and think either one of them were good?

I've been saying that since early January.

He is such a genius that he refused to foul NC State when he had 3 fouls to give in the last 5 seconds of his loss to them. That may be the worst coaching decision I have ever seen.

Reactions: PittPoker
The fact that uva sucks doesn’t bastardize Pitt. They played a horrible schedule and didn’t play Pitt, UNC, or Duke until late.

We did what we should have done to them. Beat them soundly.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT