ADVERTISEMENT

UVa 52 CSU 48

Last 10 games for Virginia. And how many times have I said the last 10 games are important and should have more weight.

Lost to Pitt by 11 at home
Lost to UNC by 10 at home
Lost to Duke by 25 on the road
Lost to Virginia Tech by 34 on the road
Lost to NC State in the ACC tournament by 8

Look at this crap of repeatedly getting plowed.

Thats for the computer nerds that dont watch basketball, dont look at recent results, and keep beating your chest about non conference bullshit.

This performance from Virginia is why the committee should be emphasizing what you look like over the last month and not what you looked like early on in the non conference.

Ive said it a million times. And many, many, many people have been voicing this same opinion all over the place on social media, including hall of fame coaches and former star college players since the selection took place.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
This performance from Virginia is why the committee should be emphasizing what you look like over the last month and not what you looked like early on in the non conference.
With 11 minutes left, they are shooting 23% and have 25 points. And Beekman is 3-14, with 9 points.

Last 10 games for Virginia. And how many times have I said the last 10 games are important and should have more weight.

Lost to Pitt by 11 at home
Lost to UNC by 10 at home
Lost to Duke by 25 on the road
Lost to Virginia Tech by 34 on the road
Lost to NC State in the ACC tournament by 8

Look at this crap of repeatedly getting plowed.

Thats for the computer nerds that dont watch basketball, dont look at recent results, and keep beating your chest about non conference bullshit.

“Pitt and Virginia are not the same. Not close

They dont necessarily care what you look like in the non-con. You just have to get off the bus vs good teams (like Pitt 2023). You dont have to win. UVa did nothing in the ACC and only beat Florida and A&M in the non-con. 2 good but not great teams. Wisky and Memphis ran them out of the building and they only beat Northeastern by 2. But they PLAYED a good schedule and that's all you need to do.

This game makes that Dixon-era Pitt vs Wisconsin tournament debacle look like the NBA all-Star game.

We blew a 12 point lead in a game where the winner only scored 47. That's nearly impossible. We were up 20-8 with 5:35 left in the 1st Half and were outscored 39-23 the final 25 minutes. 23 points in 25 minutes is beyond awful.

I have to laugh. Someone on here kept posting that crap from that t3 bracketology twitter account, a 20 something year old computer nerd that never played basketball in his life.

I remember looking at his twitter feed and he was one of these bracketology wanabe experts on the bracket matrix that was trolling Pitt for non conference schedule and pumping Virginia. Someone with a twitter account should call that idiot out right now.

Pitt is significantly better than UVA. Which is not to say they’re “good” relative to the 25-30 or so teams out there that actually are good.
I respectfully disagree. Pitt was right there with a 1 seed in North Carolina. When Bub and Lowe are playing that well, we can play with any team in the tournament. Remember, Hinson gave us almost nothing and we still almost won. If we got in, got a win or two and got some confidence we would have been dangerous as hell. The ceiling on this team was never reached and was still being established, but, the committee cut it short!

Because Pitt was actually good. Maybe you didn't watch them for the past 2 months.
For the most part, Pitt beat up on the same bad/mediocre ACC teams UVA did when they ran off 8 in a row earlier.

They really don't have much else to show for it. Lost to UNC Friday night. Split with Wake, with one game a blowout loss. Lost at Clemson. Lost at Miami

Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but you can't roll off wins against the likes of ND, GaTech, Louisville, BC, FSU, VaTech etc. and claim your good.

Pitt's best wins are at Duke (down 2 starters) and this UVA team. And both wins required Blake Hinson's Superman efforts.

I honestly don't think there is a true ACC caliber big spread out among UVA or Pitt's roster.

For the most part, Pitt beat up on the same bad/mediocre ACC teams UVA did when they ran off 8 in a row earlier.

They really don't have much else to show for it. Lost to UNC Friday night. Split with Wake, with one game a blowout loss. Lost at Clemson. Lost at Miami

Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but you can't roll off wins against the likes of ND, GaTech, Louisville, BC, FSU, VaTech etc. and claim your good.

Pitt's best wins are at Duke (down 2 starters) and this UVA team. And both wins required Blake Hinson's Superman efforts.

I honestly don't think there is a true ACC caliber big spread out among UVA or Pitt's roster.

Who wins on a neutral court, Pitt or UVa?

I respectfully disagree. Pitt was right there with a 1 seed in North Carolina. When Bub and Lowe are playing that well, we can play with any team in the tournament. Remember, Hinson gave us almost nothing and we still almost won. If we got in, got a win or two and got some confidence we would have been dangerous as hell. The ceiling on this team was never reached and was still being established, but, the committee cut it short!

Pitt is one of the best 25 teams in the country RIGHT NOW but we lost to Missouri in November and WVU turned out not to be good and that's all that matters.

Reactions: PittPanther44
Pitt was playing its best basketball in its last 10 games and should have been in IMO especially over a team like UVA, but the flaws were still always there and would be fatal against many tournament teams. They simply have nobody that can defend an opposing big, score in the paint or rebound the ball especially offensively. We’re also a team that if the opponent takes away one player’s deep shooting, we’re gonna lose most of the time.

So, a decent team that was playing well and getting better, but not quite a “good” team.

There are 2 wild things that stick out to me.

The first is that, this is now the 8th time this season that Virginia has lost by at least 15+ points in a game. There are some historians on this site that know a lot of stats and records and stuff, I wonder what the record is for the most blowout losses in a single season for 1 team to still make the NCAA Tournament. Virginia has to be pushing the all time record for an at large team. They have got their asses kicked in a lot of different games.

Of the 4 top teams in the ACC, Virginia's record is 0-3

Of the NCAA Tournament teams from the ACC, Virginia's record is 2-4.

UVA not exactly giving ACC hoops any favors tonight they look like a junior high team - Lombardi are you happy?

This is a clear indicataion tht the selection criteria are not good enough

Apparently, a lot of people didn't watch Pitt the past 2 months, including the entire Selection Committee. This is embarrassing for the committee and for UVA.

You have to wonder when they are going to watch more actual basketball games with the true eye test of who is improving throughout the season and less staring at computers metrics.

I mean, I like computer metrics and efficiency too. But that cant be the be all end all for everything. All these coaches and players are saying the eye test matters, and the Scott Barnes and his band of computer nerds on the selection committee disagree.

Congrats guys, you got a team that is losing by 25 points that a lot of people probably turned off by halftime. The computer nerds got what they asked for, a lousy game.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985

The first is that, this is now the 8th time this season that Virginia has lost by at least 15+ points in a game. There are some historians on this site that know a lot of stats and records and stuff, I wonder what the record is for the most blowout losses in a single season for 1 team to still make the NCAA Tournament. Virginia has to be pushing the all time record for an at large team. They have got their asses kicked in a lot of different games.

When I was watching UVa vs BC, I was thinking there's no way the committee could watch this game and feel this team is better than Pitt. Then when I saw their name pop up, I honestly thought we were in and not even in Dayton. I just didnt see how it was possible that you could be dumb enough to look at the resumes of both teams, look at the head to head and say UVa is more deserving. I thought we were in when I saw that.

When I was watching UVa vs BC, I was thinking there's no way the committee could watch this game and feel this team is better than Pitt. Then when I saw their name pop up, I honestly thought we were in and not even in Dayton. I just didnt see how it was possible that you could be dumb enough to look at the resumes of both teams, look at the head to head and say UVa is more deserving. I thought we were in when I saw that.
You knew when you went to bed Saturday night Pitt wasn't in.

You have to wonder when they are going to watch more actual basketball games with the true eye test of who is improving throughout the season and less staring at computers metrics.

They cant watch any games. An AD job is a 7 day/week 80 hour/week job. They simply do not have time. The committee needs to be basketball people who are paid X amount of dollars to watch X amount of games. They should even be assigned games to watch everyday. That's their full-time job for 4 months. Not AD's who literally dont watch any games until they get to Kansas City the Wednesday before Selection Sunday.

UVa played a historically weak ACC schedule. Only 8 games vs UNC, Duke, Pitt, Wake, Syr, NC St, Clem. Thats why they finished 3rd. Pitt played 13 vs those teams
Pitt is significantly better than UVA. Which is not to say they’re “good” relative to the 25-30 or so teams out there that actually are good.
ESPN thinks so. Their betting experts said Pitt would have been favored on a neutral floor vs 10-12 at large teams. Combine that with all the AQs in the tourney and Pitt would have been favored over a majority of teams in the tourney.

Reactions: Pittisit4me

I would bet my life savings and give 1000-1 odds to anybody that Pitt would not be losing this game by 26 points right now. And I dont even gamble. Its basic common sense that Pitt got way better as the season continued and Virginia did not.

ESPN thinks so. Their betting experts said Pitt would have been favored on a neutral floor vs 10-12 at large teams. Combine that with all the AQs in the tourney and Pitt would have been favored over a majority of teams in the tourney.

And all the predictive metrics had Pitt significantly better.

I would bet my life savings and give 1000-1 odds to anybody that Pitt would not be losing this game by 26 points right now. And I dont even gamble. Its basic common sense that Pitt got way better as the season continued and Virginia did not.

Pitt would have been a 6 point favorite over CSU

Right - and they have a half dozen one possession/OT wins. That’s usually a recipe for having an inflated record, and why their NET was poor. But that got overlooked.

Right - and they have a half dozen one possession/OT wins. That’s usually a recipe for having an inflated record, and why their NET was poor. But that got overlooked.

4-5 in their last 9 games leading up to the tournament. Escaping BC twice. Once by 4 and once by OT. 49-47 win over Wake. They're bad. What a disgrace.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
and they lost by 25. This is what happens when you don’t consider how a team plays late in the year.

Here's the computer efficiency power ratings for the last 10 games of the season.

Pitt-15th in the country
Virginia-115th in the country

That's a swing of 100 places in the rankings!!!!!

I had to include the link this time because I dont think people would even believe what I just wrote.

For the gazillionth time, the last 10 games of the season are way more important than the non conference schedule 5 months prior.

Some people on here are going to learn the hard way when their bracket crashes and burns.

CSU is really bad. I watched them play, rooting hard for them to beat UNM but they are completely impotent. MWC going for 12th straight NCAAT loss by teams not named San Diego State

I am rooting for UVa hard. I hate the MWC hard.

1st 2 possessions. Shot clock violation and airball 3. CSU has had 3 of the worst turnovers you'll ever see. This is a really really hard watch. UVa has the lowest talent level in the ACC and CSU is about at that level. I told you how bad this CSU team was. I was watching them play UNM and they looked like they didnt even belong on the same floor. My hope was the committee watched that midnight game because they looked God awful and you can tell it wasnt just a bad game. They have absolutely no athleticism, no shooters, defense is suspect. Its just a bad team

I don't think this prediction is going to work out SMF.
SMF is horrible at predictions. He says how horrible CSU is and how MWC is really bad. They may be bad along with MWC but they destroyed UVA. Glad SMF doesn’t bet or he would be broke…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT