ADVERTISEMENT

VB at 8

plcp

Assistant Coach
May 29, 2001
Pitt moves to 8. Ups slid 5 spots which allowed Pitt to move up one spot.

Last edited:
Paco, do you think this might be the highest they can hope to achieve with the sos of the acc?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Paco, do you think this might be the highest they can hope to achieve with the sos of the acc?

Coaches polls don't have anything to do with RPI. It all depends on what happens in front of them. They have to keep winning.

I don't think they're in great peril with the RPI either. They've already played 2 of the 3 worst ACC RPI teams and don't get them again. Would be funny if Pitt hosts a regional and PSU gets sent to Pittsburgh.

Doesn't matter. All they can do is control what they can control. Just have to keep winning.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Coaches polls don't have anything to do with RPI. It all depends on what happens in front of them. They have to keep winning.

I don't think they're in great peril with the RPI either. They've already played 2 of the 3 worst ACC RPI teams and don't get them again. Would be funny if Pitt hosts a regional and PSU gets sent to Pittsburgh.

Doesn't matter. All they can do is control what they can control. Just have to keep winning.
Paco, question-

If we keep winning and we host a regional, is the Fitz big enough for such an event or would they move it to the Pete? Just not sure, I’ve never seen one of these events. I kinda hope they’d keep it at the Field House. If you pack all those people in there, it’d make for an awesome atmosphere!

Paco, question-

If we keep winning and we host a regional, is the Fitz big enough for such an event or would they move it to the Pete? Just not sure, I’ve never seen one of these events. I kinda hope they’d keep it at the Field House. If you pack all those people in there, it’d make for an awesome atmosphere!

Penn State always plays their regionals (and all their other matches) at Rec Hall rather than the Jordan Center.

Paco, question-

For hosting 1st and 2nd rounds, there is no seating requirement, so Pitt could host the preliminary regional round. Regionals require 3K seats so the Field House could hold it if it can meeting the other technical requirements. Pitt would have to bid to host it and these usually go to the top seeds.

PSU holds their preliminary rounds and regionals in Rec Hall.

There’s no “bidding” per say - they wait to see who is left and typically the top remaining teams host. Last year #1, #2, #3 & #5 overall seeds each hosted their respective regions. It is noteworthy that #4 Kentucky was still alive but #5 Nebraska was selected to host - could have had a conflict in the arena.

Reactions: H2P28
There’s no “bidding” per say - they wait to see who is left and typically the top remaining teams host. Last year #1, #2, #3 & #5 overall seeds each hosted their respective regions. It is noteworthy that #4 Kentucky was still alive but #5 Nebraska was selected to host - could have had a conflict in the arena.

They have to submit a "bid". One condition is hosting on the mandated dates. I would imagine most top seeds are able to do so. My guess this all happens right after teams are announced or advance, but I don't know for sure. Apparently there is a formal "bid", whatever that is, but it is apparently just meeting the facility and date requirements and the NCAA selects from those, which is likely the highest seeds.

Reactions: VeritasEtVirtus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT