ADVERTISEMENT

Wake selling tickets

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Clawson said they sold their first allotment of 5500 and also their second allotment so they're up to 8000. Also said they sold 3000 student tickets but not sure if that's included in the 8000.

Unfortunately, it appears Pitt hasn't sold its first allotment yet. Part of that is due to price though. I know Pitt fans who opted for cheaper tickets on Ticketmaster. I bought them in the $175 section through Pitt but I kinda wished I just got the $75 ones in the next section. That's a pretty massive price break to sit on the 10 instead of the 20.

Reactions: Pittnerski
Yup happens this way every time. For the Bowl games, I always buy through Pitt so they get their 'credit' for the sales, even though I know I am getting gouged. I think of it as a donation. But for the regular season road games, I buy on the secondary market at least 1/2 the time. Just can't see paying say $125 to sit in the corner of an endzone when I can sit at midfield in a lower section for $50 or less.

I was lucky to get two of the $75 seats through Pitt for the ACC CG...not sure I would have bought at $175. Most people I know bought through other sources and are in the lower bowl for $40 or less, granted in endzones mostly. But with that kind of prices discrepancy, it makes it tough for Pitt to sell directly.

I guess WF has no problem selling at these prices, their alumni must make more money lol. Seriously, you'd think the WF fans being local would have some other means of getting tickets cheaper. I heard they were selling them at the Subways down there for like $40.

It's almost going to be like a home game for Wake - it's less than a 90 minute drive from Wake Forest to B of A Stadium

Reactions: Pitt79
We buy our tickets through Pitt for the same reason you mention here. Pitt will have to eat the tickets otherwise. It's like a donation.

It's almost going to be like a home game for Wake - it's less than a 90 minute drive from Wake Forest to B of A Stadium

Not really. Wake doesn't have a big fanbase. Clawson said he expected 20-25K. Pitt will have 8K or so down there so that won't really be any "home advantage" in an 80K seat stadium

Not really. Wake doesn't have a big fanbase. Clawson said he expected 20-25K. Pitt will have 8K or so down there so that won't really be any "home advantage" in an 80K seat stadium
We shall see. I'll be there - coming from Boston!!! H2P

Wake Forest is not in Wake Forest, NC. It is in Winston-Salem, NC. And it is 2+ hours away.

I need 2 — have yet to see $40 lower bowl tickets
just checked and you are correct. market is drying up, that's a good sign I guess. You can get tickets for $37 here:

though the $37 seats are upper bowl. they had lower bowl for $41 looks like they sold out. they do have some nice seats in lower bowl for $130 still

You can get lower bowl on Stubhub for $60-70 still, but with fees, looking at $100 per ticket.

Clawson said they sold their first allotment of 5500 and also their second allotment so they're up to 8000. Also said they sold 3000 student tickets but not sure if that's included in the 8000.

Unfortunately, it appears Pitt hasn't sold its first allotment yet. Part of that is due to price though. I know Pitt fans who opted for cheaper tickets on Ticketmaster. I bought them in the $175 section through Pitt but I kinda wished I just got the $75 ones in the next section. That's a pretty massive price break to sit on the 10 instead of the 20.
Good . Just more Wake fans to watch Pitt kick them in there southern ass !

So Pitt doesn't get hosed since they sold out their allotment? That means fans should should be able to buy cheap tickets on stubhub without being ridiculed on here. Just wait for the day of the game and get a cheap mobile ticket on stubhub.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Wake is in North Carolina, as is the game. Honestly do you ever stop trolling?

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Good, I’m glad they’re selling tickets! I’m not worried about them swaying the outcome of the game, and it only makes for a better atmosphere. Can’t wait for Saturday!

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Zeise had McGonigal on his show tonight and Zeise said Pitt is going to have a huge contingency at the game. Pretty broad categorization and I don’t know what that means…but it does seem to contradict the OP.

I mean Pitt had a hard time selling tickets to the last home game of the season against Virginia and that was a game that decided the coastal division. Obviously they aren't going to get a huge crowd to travel to Charlotte.

SMF will be at the stadium counting the number of Pitt fans in attendance.

Kenny P will throw a touchdown pass to Jordan Addison on what observers will call one of the greatest throws/catches in the history of college football, causing all the Pitt fans to jump out of their seats cheering.

And SMF will miss the whole thing because he'll be counting Pitt fans.

And then he'll get mad because everyone jumping up caused him to lose his count.

PITT represented well when we played Clemson. I bought my tickets through PITT. This time I used the secondary market. That stadium will be rocking

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I mean Pitt had a hard time selling tickets to the last home game of the season against Virginia and that was a game that decided the coastal division. Obviously they aren't going to get a huge crowd to travel to Charlotte.
Not all Pitt fans live in Pittsburgh. In fact, some of them live all the way outside of Allegheny County! Out of our 25k hardcore fanbase, many of them manage to make it to a game or two on the road as well. Pitt will be well represented in Charlotte.

I think the ACC should play the game at one of the two team's stadiums, alternating between Coastal and Atlantic every year. It's hard for many fans to travel to that game, especially since the teams playing will sometimes be in contention for the playoffs, which is two more games.

Still some available on the Pitt site at the higher price points. Maybe they got an additional allotment.

You can still buy the highest priced tickets from Pitt so they obviously did not sell their full allotment. If they sold through their first allotment and this is their 2nd one, they would have said so as teams commonly do.

Still, Pitt will have a fairly large number of fans, but they're not paying $1000 to take their family to the game. They'll sit in the upper deck or endzone.

We buy our tickets through Pitt for the same reason you mention here. Pitt will have to eat the tickets otherwise. It's like a donation.
They won't eat them. they'll put them on stubhub at market price like they did last time.

If they sold through their first allotment and this is their 2nd one, they would have said so as teams commonly do.

Pitt rarely releases any info like others.
You're gonna have to dig to find out.

There's a lot of people that might go if it's an hour drive or a 3 hour drive who won't go if its a 12 hour drive or you need to fly and get hotel rooms. Personally I'm one of those people.

Commenting on all the people without masks on. I’m shocked now this new variant is in the US he isn’t hunkered down hiding.
I was watching something on CNN, this guy says people shouldn't PANIC over the Omicron Variant. LOL PANIC? Personally I feel like the pandemic is over, I never wear a mask unless I'm forced to which isn't often, I go out in crowds and don't even think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT