ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Duquesne is going to knock out Dayton

Mark Madden has been shockingly supportive, although it is par for the course for him to play his role. He has to overcompensate since everyone thinks he’s anti-Pitt, just like when everyone was calling him racist so now all he does is bash TJ.

I think most of Pittsburgh sports media agrees with everyone on this board that they should be in this year.

I dont think any sane person feels Pitt should be out if you've seen them play and the Pgh media has seen us play. Its a team that can go on a run and make a Final Four (or yes, lose 1st Round in NIT on a bad shooting night). We have 2 guys who will play in the NBA next year plus Lowe who is mocked as mid 1st Round after his sophomore year. Leggett is an X factor and there's enough of a supporting cast. The problem is nobody watches games. Like, you could not possibly watch Boise or Dayton last night and say they are better than Pitt.

As Palm notes “Only seven of the tournaments completed so far were won by the top seed. Eleven No. 1 seeds have already lost and the average seed of the teams to beat them is an 8. They're not just losing, but they're going out early.”

There's 4 or 5 really good teams and very little difference between the #6 or #7 team and #50. Pitt could wind up in the NIT but if we ended up in the NCAAT and lost to a 2 seed, we'd be pissed as hell because we'd feel we are as good or better.

Curious: has the A10 ever been a one-bid league? Does Dayton losing really change things at all?

I dont think any sane person feels Pitt should be out if you've seen them play and the Pgh media has seen us play. Its a team that can go on a run and make a Final Four (or yes, lose 1st Round in NIT on a bad shooting night). We have 2 guys who will play in the NBA next year plus Lowe who is mocked as mid 1st Round after his sophomore year. Leggett is an X factor and there's enough of a supporting cast. The problem is nobody watches games. Like, you could not possibly watch Boise or Dayton last night and say they are better than Pitt.
Why exactly can they make a F4? They've beaten one team at full strength in the field and have zero guys who will play in the NBA next year, also. Not sure why you keep saying this. Hinson isn't an NBA player.

Before the game, they said Dayton might not be in with a loss (on the broadcast). But I don't believe them. Even the Dayton name holds a bit more clout than some of these other A10 brands. I think they're in... and will get dusted in the play-in.
It will be a home game, tho.

He will play games in the NBA? Do you disagree?
an NBA player is someone who plays in the NBA. Not someone who plays a game in the NBA. If his desire is to make peanuts in the G League and get called up to play 2 end of season games for the worst team in the league, have at it. If his desire is to make the most possible money, I have a buddy who would offer him 500k next year in a top league in Europe. But just like Mo Gueye is not an NBA player, neither is Blake Hinson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT