ADVERTISEMENT

What Transfer Wouldn’t

If I was recruiting a PG and wing like they should be, I'd just show them Greg and Blake highlights. Those guys have green lights at all times. If you can shoot, you can play all you want in this offense.

If I was recruiting a PG and wing like they should be, I'd just show them Greg and Blake highlights. Those guys have green lights at all times. If you can shoot, you can play all you want in this offense.

We got a good one that should be visiting with his father / family in Kyle Green Jr, 2024 point guard. Appears to be legit interest on both sides, great size with a huge wingspan. His father likes Capel and we have had good results in 2023 with a father connection to Capel like with Carrington and Lowe.

I still want Jalil Bethea on the wing in 2024. He now leads the PCL in scoring and has overtaken fringe 5 star in Robert Wright III in scoring. One of the more still underrated players in 2024.

Want to come here next season? Stud freshman guards. Hinson, Fede, Jeffress, Santos, Twins all back.

Hopefully Hugley and Dior back.

Could potentially fill the holes with some big time talent.
One who wants 35 minutes per game?

Reactions: Parkview57
Agreed, but how are we touting Jeffress, Santos and the Twins as returning great pieces lol. Methinks the OP drank more than I did.
I disagree. The potential for those 3 players is pretty good. Jeffress, I have zero idea what to expect out of him. Hughley could be an important key for next year. The twins need 20lbs of strength.

Reactions: Pittnerski
I disagree. The potential for those 3 players is pretty good. Jeffress, I have zero idea what to expect out of him. Hughley could be an important key for next year. The twins need 20lbs of strength.
Literally any program has kids like Santos and the twins for potential angle. Their potential is fine, but they’re old freshmen. They’re not gonna become pau and Marc here

Reactions: pittjas
Want to come here next season? Stud freshman guards. Hinson, Fede, Jeffress, Santos, Twins all back.

Next years transfers should have slightly more than this years to get excited about. This year‘s transfers had big John and Burton but Burton wasn’t nearly the player he is this year.

Next years transfers should have slightly more than this years to get excited about. This year‘s transfers had big John and Burton but Burton wasn’t nearly the player he is this year.
I would have mixed feelings about playing with big Blake. Seems like a great guy and a teammate but has never met a shot he doesn’t like.

Yeah. I'd like to believe this but many/most of the best players on a ton of P6 teams this season are portal players, no? At least that's what I hear when I watch other games... Difference being many of these P6 teams will pay more than Pitt to secure these same guys. I know Pitt beat them yesterday but The U is definitely one of them. I imagine pretty much every SEC team save one or two... Same for every B12 and B1G team save one or two. Same for upper tier (top half) BEast teams. Don't know enough about P12 to comment there.

I would have mixed feelings about playing with big Blake. Seems like a great guy and a teammate but has never met a shot he doesn’t like.
But is that Blake or the way Capel’s telling them to play? Saw something that even Nellie was being encouraged to keep shooting even tho he’s struggled.

Sure. If we get to the tournament. If not I don’t really think we are that hot of a commodity for transfers.

When you think about it it is really astounding that Capel brought these guys in off 6 years of program ineptitude. He should be even more successful with this year’s results to sell.

Literally any program has kids like Santos and the twins for potential angle. Their potential is fine, but they’re old freshmen. They’re not gonna become pau and Marc here

I think you can look past their age as freshmen and consider a couple of other factors for projection.

The twins only have minimal exposure to playing in the U.S. They are still just learning the game as it's played here and have shown signs of adapting while being undersized. IF they can add 20 pounds of muscle... That's a big unknown given their body types. Regardless their skill set at their size pretty high.
Given his injury and recovery time, Santos could still have some upside development. I think can be a better contributor and possibly a starter in 2 years but who knows which team that might be with given the state of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT