Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
Who was Pitt's most mobile quarterback?

Robert Haygood
Kenny Pickett
Rod Rutherford
Rick Trocano
Others?

Difference between mobile and running of course. Pickett was the best mobile QB because he moved around the pocket well and picked up yards when they were there. Hell, Marino prob ran a 5.5 40 in the pros but he moved around the pocket well; almost never got sacked.

I'll put in a second vote for Pickett. He wasn't the fastest but he was elusive. More importantly, he was really, really good at throwing on the run (which he had to do quite a bit at Pitt).

Cruzer

Does David Priestley still hold the longest qb run at heinz? I know Allison had I think a 99 yard run against VT but Priestley had an 81 yard run I think? I might be slightly off

Reactions: DruidTM and JD1976
Does David Priestley still hold the longest qb run at heinz? I know Allison had I think a 99 yard run against VT but Priestley had an 81 yard run I think? I might be slightly off
That Priestley run was during the first game ever at Heinz as I recall. Just a few days before 9/11.

Who was Pitt's most mobile quarterback?

Robert Haygood
Kenny Pickett
Rod Rutherford
Rick Trocano
Others?
gonna say Darnell Dickerson but i was after Cavanaugh and haygood.. Rod should have been but bulked up and well playing in Walt's system, we wouldnt know. Not complaining, i loved Walt's system..

oh and of course Greg Cross, but we all knew that..

I believe you are correct about first game at heinz. Tenn st or east tenn I think???
geez, i want to say akron or kent state? I could be wrong but 2000, at three rivers and there was a lightning delay..

damn, it was either priestley with a long run or that white WR broke one that game, cant remember now..

Priestly was like the first play from scrimmage too if I’m remembering

It was kinda hilarious

Hot day that day too

Reactions: Black Panther
Yeah I was wrong. Priestley was at Heinz field. The fast white wr has the real long play at three rivers in 2000

Damn, forget his name. He was good too.

RJ English? I have no memory of that 2000 opener. I can recall where I’ve been for every Pitt opener since 1987 except that game.
I swear he had a huge catch and run at three rivers during a lightning delayed game.

Like 90 yards. But again, I was drinking alot back then, often to the point of hallucinations so maybe it didn’t happen.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
I would say Haygood, Cross and Dickerson.

Rutherford bulked up too much and Walt forced him to be a pocket passer, but I thought could have been an effective runner.

Reactions: Parkview57
I would say Haygood, Cross and Dickerson.

Rutherford bulked up too much and Walt forced him to be a pocket passer, but I thought could have been an effective runner.
No Trocano ? Out of the veer right? My memory says include him. But then again it’s my memory…….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT