ADVERTISEMENT

Why reclassify?

What would your GPA be if you didn't even need to go to class to get a degree? Maybe we should ask Heather Bresch?
Amen to that Joe.Heather makes 18.9 million a year before bonuses at Mylan and my youngest son was one of 430 union workers to get laid off because of her,life is fair.He wasn't a Wvu dummie,he graduated from Fairmont State.

OK I'll admit it everyone that goes to Wvu is as dumb as a box of rocks.You guys are right only idiots go to school there.I know because my wife received her Masters from Wvu.She did attend her classes and passed all 36 credits.Pitt's players are way smarter than Huggy's and better looking also!
P.S.I'm still married to that dummie so how smart am I?
I didn't mean to imply that at all.

Every school has some outliers and brings in the best talent they can get through their admissions dept. They all have academic support staffs to get and keep athletes eligible. They're more alike than different.

I've co-authored technical papers with WVU PHD engineering students and profs and my daughter's Masters' program in a medical specialty is very well respected nationally. Its graduates are in high demand. WVU is not Ivy League but they're not a Podunk State either. A large portion of students there would get into most schools anywhere.

Still, several years ago, Huggy did offer rides to at least two particular kids Dixon was told to back off. One guy eventually made it in. The other never got qualified. The exact same thing happened a few years back with Pitt and Syracuse. It happens.

FWIW, the specific kid my daughter made the box of rocks comment about wasn't on the radar as being known as an academic risk. But, she did wonder aloud to me about how he ever got into college?

Huggins' 0.0 GPA class at Cincy will forever leave him open to this kind of comment despite current excellent team GPA's.

You also have to take a lot of the comments here with a grain of salt. In a recent thread, nearly half of the posters responded that, No, they were not actually Pitt grads.

74 I never take things personal.Everyone has opinions and I respect them but sometimes I don't agree with them.People are just to serious sometimes when discussing certain topics especially sports.Heck I made it through 31 years of public school teaching and 35 years as a HC in the Wpial nothing on here is going to upset me.Back to prepping for a year Huggs last 4 preps were Williams,Macon,Culvert and Knapper.Three were academics and one was to better his game.Luckily he keep all 4 committed to Wvu when it was open game on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT