ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Moms are...

Lol wrestling parents in general are nuts. I used to remember feeling so bad for some kids growing up because of how there parents acted at tournaments. I was so happy my parents just sat and watched and didnt say anything. I watched parents throw second place trophies away in front of there kids and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Lol wrestling parents in general are nuts. I used to remember feeling so bad for some kids growing up because of how there parents acted at tournaments. I was so happy my parents just sat and watched and didnt say anything. I watched parents throw second place trophies away in front of there kids and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Good grief, that is terrible parenting.

Reactions: lucac

The link didn't work for me.

While I would never do that, there are many of tournaments that have 3 kids including my son in it. If he gets 2nd or 3rd and they hand something out to him (which they normally do) I explain to him once in the car that while I am proud of him for his effort that there is a big difference between taking 2nd and 3rd with 3 kids in the bracket vs one that has 6 kids (which is a huge bracket for his age and weight right now even though top 3 is still only to 50%) or more in it. It is a balancing act between recognizing good hard work and encouraging him and not letting things go to his head because he came in 2nd place with 3 kids including him in it which is basically a participation trophy.

Reactions: omega
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT