ADVERTISEMENT

XJ to indiana

X is going to be all-B1G next year. He’s going to thrive in that conference.

Yes, it’s a good fit but moreso he’s going to have some help. If they can get him to play within himself, that’s going to be a big time win for all parties. Again, really impressive stuff from Woodson so far.

@Sean Miller Fan owns me! When is May Madness?

on a serious note SMf, do you think you’ll EVER get one right?
Ok, I'll give you credit because IU is a better program than Pitt but lets put a lot of ******** here. He is going to play for his buddy, Kenya Hunter on one of the worst teams in the Big Ten, who only have a few players. Besides the name and brand of the programs, he is essentially trading Pitt for Pitt. Just like Trey did. They can go shoot a bunch on some horrible teams.

And BTW, Josh Newkirk transferred to Indiana. He wasnt very good and neither is Johnson. While I think his departure is a bad sign for Capel and the culture of the program, his loss, on the court is certainly an addition. He has great athleticjsm and a lot of raw talent but was very bad at actual basketball most of the time.

Ok, I'll give you credit because IU is a better program than Pitt but lets put a lot of ******** here. He is going to play for his buddy, Kenya Hunter on one of the worst teams in the Big Ten, who only have a few players. Besides the name and brand of the programs, he is essentially trading Pitt for Pitt. Just like Trey did. They can go shoot a bunch on some horrible teams.

And BTW, Josh Newkirk transferred to Indiana. He wasnt very good and neither is Johnson. While I think his departure is a bad sign for Capel and the culture of the program, his loss, on the court is certainly an addition. He has great athleticjsm and a lot of raw talent but was very bad at actual basketball most of the time.
You clearly don’t know what a good player looks like in 2021. He was the 8th best creator of offense in the country (best in the portal) and lead the ACC in assists with bad players around him. He was extremely coveted and went to a better program and team. This was a whole loss for you.

The college game has changed a ton and apparently left you behind. There are very few “true PGs” anymore.

1. creators
2. Shooters
3. Wings
4. Rim runner/ball screener/ shot blockers. Thats how u fill out a team in 2021

Reactions: jpklein
You clearly don’t know what a good player looks like in 2021. He was the 8th best creator of offense in the country (best in the portal) and lead the ACC in assists with bad players around him. He was extremely coveted and went to a better program and team. This was a whole loss for you.

The college game has changed a ton and apparently left you behind. There are very few “true PGs” anymore.

1. creators
2. Shooters
3. Wings
And the team that won it all has a true point guard.

1. creators
2. Shooters
3. Wings

I’m 100% with you on XJ being good... but I don’t necessarily know that Pitt to Indiana is a huge step up right now.

I mean if X wasn’t such a headcase and a good leader, this could be our roster next year:

1. X
2. Horton
3. Toney
4. Champ
5. Reid

with Femi, Jeffress, Collier, and whoever else we would’ve got off the bench.

That is a really good team and better than what Indiana will be next year.

I would’ve liked to see X go somewhere where he was surrounded by a ton of talent who just needed a PG.. like Louisville maybe. Now I feel he’s just going to do the same type of maddening things at IU on a mediocre team like he did here. Unless he buys in.

Toney going to Arkansas is a much bigger upgrade and better fit IMO.

1. creators
2. Shooters
3. Wings

Bro, your boy stinks. I watched the games. Yes, he has talent but he is just bad at playing basketball. Indiana sucks and needs players. He's going from Pitt to Pitt to play for his buddy. Plenty of ******

Yes, it’s a good fit but moreso he’s going to have some help. If they can get him to play within himself, that’s going to be a big time win for all parties. Again, really impressive stuff from Woodson so far.
Woodson is the Indiana Wannstedt. Fired from the professional ranks, goes back to his alma mater, recruits pretty well to start, but isn’t a good coach and it will eventually catch up with him.

Reactions: BFo8
You think Davion Mitchell or Butler are Brandin Knight type true PG’s? They get themselves going more than their teammates imo. The new type of PG

like Patrick Swayze says opinions vary
Davion Mitchell would be perfectly fine not scoring as long as his team was playing good in my opinion. I don't see that with X. Butler is no point guard

Marcus Carr was a borderline All-American in the B1G. X is gonna kill it there. He’ll be able to get to the basket against anyone in that conference.
Borderline All American? He wasn’t even on the first or second team All Big 10. He was third team.

His numbers were almost the same as his freshman year at Pitt except his ppg; and that was higher because he shot more and he took most of the shots on the team. In most games, he shot more than everyone else, but his percentages were terrible. He also lead them to a losing record...again. Three years in college, three losing seasons.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Marcus Carr was a borderline All-American in the B1G. X is gonna kill it there. He’ll be able to get to the basket against anyone in that conference.
Johnson finished 52nd in the nation and 11th in the P6 in turnovers per game and several of those P6 players werent PGs.

Who even cares at this point. We will all get a good chuckle when X starts sprinting back on defense after a terrible turnover to commit a stupid foul we can see coming a mile away. And follows it with a technical foul for being over demonstrative about the call.

Reactions: Millerton24
Borderline All American? He wasn’t even on the first or second team All Big 10. He was third team.

His numbers were almost the same as his freshman year at Pitt except his ppg; and that was higher because he shot more and he took most of the shots on the team. In most games, he shot more than everyone else, but his percentages were terrible. He also lead them to a losing record...again. Three years in college, three losing seasons.
I know all of that. But X is a better player, and if Carr could have the success that he had in that conference, IMO X will do better.

Trace Jackson-Davis is staying at IU. He’s one of the best players in the country. They have some pretty good role players and young players coming back. They have an established point guard so X won’t have the sole burden of running the offense. Parker Stewart is a nice add as a shooter.. Personnel wise IU is a lot better off than Pitt, Whether Woodson can coach and if so, how long it will take him to get that team together, are TBD. That’s a team that pretty much quit on its coach last season and still came one win from the NCAA tournament. If Woodson can get them on the same page and properly motivated they could be pretty decent this year. Equating that team with Pitt is way off the mark.

Trace Jackson-Davis is staying at IU. He’s one of the best players in the country. They have some pretty good role players and young players coming back. They have an established point guard so X won’t have the sole burden of running the offense. Parker Stewart is a nice add as a shooter.. Personnel wise IU is a lot better off than Pitt, Whether Woodson can coach and if so, how long it will take him to get that team together, are TBD. That’s a team that pretty much quit on its coach last season and still came one win from the NCAA tournament. If Woodson can get them on the same page and properly motivated they could be pretty decent this year. Equating that team with Pitt is way off the mark.
X is going to be their starting PG. But they have a solid roster.

X is going to be terrific with solid shooters and one of the best bigs in the country with him next year. Indiana should be immediately improved, assuming Woodson is a better coach than Archie.
I’m really not sure where Stewart fits in that rotation. I always misremember him as being longer than 6’5”, which seems to preclude him from playing a Cam Johnson type of stretch 4. But Stewart can’t play the 1, and he’s gonna be behind Franklin (if he stays), Geronimo and Hunter at the wing spots. Seems like Lander can bump to play off the ball if X starts.

Why do you personally attack a poster all the time ? I have never heard him go at you personally, don't be an ass
you cant be serious. smf has post after post of bloviating nonsense he serves while putting down other posters. its serial

you cant be serious. smf has post after post of bloviating nonsense he serves while putting down other posters. its serial
He posts a ton of nonsense to be sure, but after all these years on the board and reading a half million or so SMF specials (and that's with skipping about 60% of his posts based on thread title alone) I can't recall many if any posts of his that were demeaning to other posters, even when they are attacking him and insulting him six ways to Sunday.

I know all of that. But X is a better player, and if Carr could have the success that he had in that conference, IMO X will do better.
X is not a good shooter, which is why he was never a realistic threat to leave early. He's an unusual player. he definitely has some talent but he's missing some important abilities and intangibles too.

At Pitt, he certainly has appeared to play selfishly at times, especially in his first two seasons. It's hard to tell how much of that was because of the weakness of the team around him he thought he had to do it all. But he clearly is not a natural lead guard/floor general type, and he's not a consistent enough shooter to be a very effective 2 guard. he makes a lot of bad decisions in the half court with the ball in his hands.

I don't think he will "thrive" per say at IU, I see him as a 10-12 ppg or so kind of player there. I think Phinisee, who is a true PG in the traditional sense, will remain the primary ballhandler/floor general but X will play alongside him a lot, and I think they will use 3 guards often, as most of their best players are guards and teams like Baylor, Arkansas and Houston have demonstrated that having 3 talented guards on the floor at the same time can take you a long way. Phinisee is a better player than he has been able to show under Archie. One of the mistakes Archie made was not running the half court offense through TJD, he's a very skilled passer and ballhandler for a big dude and is very comfortable facing the basket.

IU also has some very talented young guards who are ready to see their roles expend, especially 5 star freshman Khristian Lander who is staying at IU.

It will be interesting.

Seems simple to me. If you are playing a team where you need a guard who can drive and score at will, you insert XJ into the line up. He's tremendously adept at this particular skill.

X is not a good shooter, which is why he was never a realistic threat to leave early. He's an unusual player. he definitely has some talent but he's missing some important abilities and intangibles too.

At Pitt, he certainly has appeared to play selfishly at times, especially in his first two seasons. It's hard to tell how much of that was because of the weakness of the team around him he thought he had to do it all. But he clearly is not a natural lead guard/floor general type, and he's not a consistent enough shooter to be a very effective 2 guard. he makes a lot of bad decisions in the half court with the ball in his hands.

I don't think he will "thrive" per say at IU, I see him as a 10-12 ppg or so kind of player there. I think Phinisee, who is a true PG in the traditional sense, will remain the primary ballhandler/floor general but X will play alongside him a lot, and I think they will use 3 guards often, as most of their best players are guards and teams like Baylor, Arkansas and Houston have demonstrated that having 3 talented guards on the floor at the same time can take you a long way. Phinisee is a better player than he has been able to show under Archie. One of the mistakes Archie made was not running the half court offense through TJD, he's a very skilled passer and ballhandler for a big dude and is very comfortable facing the basket.

IU also has some very talented young guards who are ready to see their roles expend, especially 5 star freshman Khristian Lander who is staying at IU.

It will be interesting.
I think you are pretty much spot on. He has the talent, but needs the proper coaching and he needs to be coachable. It’s a two way street.

Last edited:

Agree 100%

I thought he was going to the NBA?

X is going to be the same player at IU that he was a Pitt. He'll have some good games but in the end his bad decisions and mistakes will not be worth it. Happy he is gone.

Agree 100%
I'll say it again--the IU roster looks like the LA Lakers next to Pitt's. They were poorly coached. They may still be, time will tell. But they have a whole lot more to work with on that roster right now than Pitt has had the past few years and it's not even close. The key guys that entered the portal after Arch was fired decided to stay when Woodson was hired. They have some nice pieces in place, they just need somebody that can coach them.

I'll say it again--the IU roster looks like the LA Lakers next to Pitt's. They were poorly coached. They may still be, time will tell. But they have a whole lot more to work with on that roster right now than Pitt has had the past few years and it's not even close. The key guys that entered the portal after Arch was fired decided to stay when Woodson was hired. They have some nice pieces in place, they just need somebody that can coach them.
Sounds like last years Pitt team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT