ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT Game Thread: Pitt vs. Duke

Same thing with this Pitt team so far. Total lack of defense and can't rebound the ball. Right now, they're disorganized, confused and out of position. Almost 5 minutes until we get our first field goal.

Yeah, I checked in on this one briefly, but I never really had plans to watch it all that intently. Only question is what it does to our seeding if we lose by 139 points.

Can't afford to be missing 2 at the free throw line. Can't afford to have shot clock violations either. We're looking badly outmatched right now.

Reactions: Black Panther
We're like the gritty boxer off the street who everyone says could beat Mike Tyson. And then we fight someone like five rungs below Tyson who is actually professionally trained and knows what he is doing, and our head is rolling on the floor 45 second after the bell rings.

Sibande needed to go straight up there… hesitation caused a wasted trip entirely.

The worthless high hedge doesn’t work against good guards
Need to adapt
Fede can’t guards filiposwki at all on the perimeter

Too much one on one
Our store brand Duke style is getting exposed against the real talent

My god PITT players on ball can’t get the rebound???? After that missed 3 pointer???

Nike playing like dribbling a basketball is a new thing - chance to cut it to 6 and now it’s 12 again

What is this, the NBA? How was that in the act of shooting? Nike reached in well before the shot. Total joke!

Pitt playing as though they want to personally embarrass me as a panther fan 😂

Capel is right. We need better players. The talent discrepancy between Pitt and Duke is glaring. We have played well as a team throughout the year. But when you have to face a hugely talented team like Duke, the lack of talent gets exposed. It's disappointing for now. Let's see if Pitt can find some fight in them and get this back to a single digit deficit.

Come on panthers, just don’t get muderized so bad, we might not get in if this is a slaughter, and there are some upsets in other tourneys.

Cummings?!! Shoot the ball

The xtra hesitation at the hoop all around is killing this f@cking team!!!

Sometimes it’s better to lay it up …

We are long overdue for this. We haven't been blown out in ACC play all year.

Need to regroup, lose by less than 20, and try to steal a game in the tournament.

Then we need to invite Hugley back for his new role: Eating all the food before Hinson can get to it.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
This is why you don’t lose to Notre Dame. Fresh legs vs tight game against GT

Can we play ourselves out of the NCAA tourney today? It is like an NBA team playing against a grade school team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT