ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT Game Thread: Pitt vs. Duke

Pitt hasn't beaten a team that will be in the NIT, let alone the NCAA tournament, since Feb 1st.

Not just lazy defensively. They don't know how to play defense or can't. This has been a problem for most of the year, especially later in the season.

I think the team tries harder on defense than people are giving them credit for. OK maybe not so much today but generally. The problem is actually much worse -- they try on defense but aren't that athletic (other than Nike and Burton) and have slow foot speed and a lack of muscle for the defensive glass. No lateral quickness at all from Burton especially.

I think the team tries harder on defense than people are giving them credit for. OK maybe not so much today but generally. The problem is actually much worse -- they try on defense but aren't that athletic (other than Nike and Burton) and have slow foot speed and a lack of muscle for the defensive glass. No lateral quickness at all from Burton especially.

I think they do try hard to play defense. But they're defensively challenged. As you said, they just don't have the foot speed to stay with guys. They get beat continually and even when we win, the other teams puts up 80+ points. We need much better athletes.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT