ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT Game Thread: Pitt vs. Duke

Pitt needs to regroup and make this a tight game. We are too close to the bubble to get blown out like this.

Just listening on the radio and the defense sounds very bad. Is It really that bad? 44 points is a lot

I think we can score more. I know we can. Nike should drive more. But I'm not sure our defense can do much better sadly.

Duke has numerous NBA guys on their roster. We just need them to play hard in the second half and keep the final score reasonable.

I missed the start of this game where we fell into the big hole.

Here is the plus minus in order of who performed best that half.

G Diaz Graham- +2 against Duke in 12 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds
J Diaz Graham- 0 against Duke in 6 minutes
Sibande- -2 in 15 minutes

Worst

Fede- -18 against Duke in 8 minutes
Elliot- -21 against Duke in 11 minutes
Cummings -15 against Duke, and was quite bad on defense

The starters got killed in this game right from the tip. The Graham brothers have held ground against one of the most talented frontlines in D1 basketball with Sibande.

How does Capel play this in the 2nd half? Starters go back in with a real short leash if they don't get it together quickly in the first 4 minutes.

7dwkpc.jpg

This Duke team is head and shoulders better than any other team in the ACC right now. They play great defense, rebound better than anybody, and they have talented scorers who can all shoot and score at will. Granted, Pitt is playing terribly in all aspects of the game. But you can see this Duke team is primed for the championship and for a long run in the NCAAT.

Duke is showing themselves to be the class of the ACC. Cream rises to the top eventually. It's just very unfortunate that we had to face them now. We deserved a better fate.

Clearly talent wise Pitt can’t hang with Duke but Duke has been beaten several times this year by teams who can better match up with their talent and size

Ironically, just like in football, 4 and 5 star players tend to be better than journeymen transfers. When Duke is motivated to defend like today, they will be tough to beat, not to mention they are raining 3s on us. Plus we haven't defended any team well lately, it should come as no surprise that a team with such superior athletes can do whatever they want on offense.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The twins are getting thrown around also. And Duke's players, every one of them, blow by Pitt's to score easy buckets. We can't stay in front of them defensively.

Gotta start the 2nd half on a bit of a run if they hope to have any shot to get back in this game. Something like maybe a 12-3 run and get it back down to around 7 or 8 points.

It's amazing to me that Hinson is awful at rebounding with his big body ,to me he's just lazy

I hate watching him play basketball. Not to go too far off the deep end, but something tells me a lot of guys could have his success if they played completely unashamed on offense and conserved energy on defense to play more offense. Just my opinion, but he's a bit of a farce, I think.

Gotta start the 2nd half on a bit of a run if they hope to have any shot to get back in this game. Something like maybe a 12-3 run and get it back down to around 7 or 8 points.
I think we'll make a late run as Duke takes their foot off the pedal and wind up losing by like 10. That said, I'll be rooting for your scenario to happen.

This game is revealing our place in the ACC hierarchy. We are a legitimate 5th - 8th place team in this league. Being where we were at or near the top is just a testament to their teamwork and experience. Now is the time of the year when talent takes over, and we are shorthanded there.

12-2? WTF?

I can’t even find the game just saw score
Suppose to be on espn. It even still says pitt vs duke. Espn 2 says Kansas vs wvu. So anyone recording these games like I was, now have nothing. Kansas wvu Duke and pitt wrong game

Just too quick and too big and too good for Pitt. But I don’t buy them being title contenders. Pitt just doesn’t have the athletes and it is making Duke look better than they are

Starters going to ride the bench now as they should. Held serve with the Graham brothers in the first half and the starters get outscored 7-0 in under 2 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT