ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT Game Thread: Pitt vs. Duke

We just got out scored 12-0 to start both halves. That’s gotta be a record.

I was going to post the same thing.

Coming out that way in the second half, after the way the first half started and the way that the second half started yesterday is kind of inexcusable.

Not a great last impression to leave the committee. This is the worst possible scenario happening.

So what are the "experts" on this site going to say now about Pitt's defense and rebounding? Duke is on their way to scoring 100 on Pitt and they won't even have to try. We're totally undermanned and outclassed. How did we even get this far? Very disappointing. IF....a BIG IF, we make the NCAAT, I sure hope it's a better matchup for us than Duke.

Just too quick and too big and too good for Pitt. But I don’t buy them being title contenders. Pitt just doesn’t have the athletes and it is making Duke look better than they are
Just can't agree with this. They are super-talented and playing like one of the best teams in the country at this point.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Not a great last impression to leave the committee. This is the worst possible scenario happening.
Yea I agree. While I didn’t think they would necessarily win this game I didn’t foresee a 30 point blowout loss either. While I still think Pitt is safely in this could potentially land them in Dayton instead of being in the field without any worries.

Our feet are so slow on D and we keep sagging off the corners for no good reason or value
Yikes

60% of our startling lineup plays like they're in the Over 50 League at the Homestead Gym. Cummings, Elliot, and Hinson are about as athletic as a three baked potatoes.

We don't have talent on this team right now. Just a bunch of older, mature guys who play hard but are outhustled and outclassed by the better teams. Who knows? Maybe the recruits we think are coming in will reconsider now. That would be a real slap in the face.

Yea I agree. While I didn’t think they would necessarily win this game I didn’t foresee a 30 point blowout loss either. While I still think Pitt is safely in this could potentially land them in Dayton instead of being in the field without any worries.

We're not safely in. Nor should we be.

Reactions: CrazyPaco
Duke’s roster is littered with NBA players and they are hitting their stride. They have a lot of young, talented guys that are starting to gel at the right time. They got hosed against UVA, so really 24-7.
So is that an excuse to get blown out by 30-40 pts ,between 10 and 20 ok but this totally embarrassing

We don't have talent on this team right now. Just a bunch of older, mature guys who play hard but are outhustled and outclassed by the better teams. Who knows? Maybe the recruits we think are coming in will reconsider now. That would be a real slap in the face.

These guys did a great job serving as a building block to put us back on the map. But I was never duped into believing we were a very good team. We're like 8-12, at best, if the ACC is what it's been in past years. It is what it is, and I'll take it. But we're nothing close to what some of this board has talked us up as being.

The way Duke is playing they will throttle Miami too. Duke has gotten better throughout the year and is peaking at the right time.

Elliot -33 in this game in 13 minutes

Cummings -28 in this game in 22 minutes

George Diaz Graham +2 in this game in 17 minutes

Jorge Diaz Graham -4 in this game in 14 minutes

Sibande -2 in this game in 17 minutes

Elliot's body language has been terrible too.

It would be and it wouldn’t make sense. I’ll never understand players who don’t want to contribute but want to sit on ass on already winning teams. It simply makes no sense

The funny thing about the twins is how they sometimes draw offensive fouls because they so easily get thrown around. Whereas most posts will still be upright, they end up on the floor.

He’s a front running baby. If things go his way he’ll whip his arms around doing dances and if things don’t he pouts. It’s been this way all year. Luckily he’s been on more than off

That said, I like Elliott

Reactions: pittbb80
The way Duke is playing they will throttle Miami too. Duke has gotten better throughout the year and is peaking at the right time.
This is certainly true

Miami barely beat WF by 2…. After being up for much of game by like 18

Is Capel going to let them out of their signed LOI? Get a grip already.

Elliot has been more focused than on the refs lately than playing. His theatrics after each call is getting old

They might beat Miami, but it will be because they can defend. They are getting better offensively, but they are nowhere near as good on offense as your seeing today. They are going off because we can't defend bad teams let alone talented teams.

I see Pitt guys hustling but not hustling well enough to keep up with Duke. Purely a severe talent discrepancy. Imagine how it must feel to them being blown out by 30+ after having some good success all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT