ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT Game Thread: Pitt vs. Duke

We don't have talent on this team right now. Just a bunch of older, mature guys who play hard but are outhustled and outclassed by the better teams. Who knows? Maybe the recruits we think are coming in will reconsider now. That would be a real slap in the face.

Pitt isn't bad. They just aren't good. Somewhere in between. If they aren't scrapping, hitting 3s, and getting to the foul line, it's hard for them to win against any good team.

Is Capel going to let them out of their signed LOI? Get a grip already.

Anything can happen in college basketball now. Until I see them on the court in a Pitt uniform and playing, they're just names. And even if they show up, how good are they really? Can they help immediately as freshmen? I'd rather have some high end portal guys with experience.

Hard to believe we have to endure ten more minutes. Usually don’t feel like this but it’s been awful.

So is that an excuse to get blown out by 30-40 pts ,between 10 and 20 ok but this totally embarrassing
So is that an excuse to get blown out by 30-40 pts ,between 10 and 20 ok but this totally embarrassi
Would have liked to have seen something … a Blair like take down etc, … At least some physicality … in response to this running up of the score. Imagine a Huggins team sitting still for this (not that he’d have allowed it happen in the first place) but with the Capels affection for Duke, no way I suppose. It’s a downside of having to regularly play an opponent with a coach who wishes he were still there. I don’t blame him for wishing that…it’s college basketball Mecca… but it’s a psychological disadvantage for the team.

I mean LOI’s aren’t worth anything nowadays
I realize there are a ton of transfers obviously, and if there's a coaching change guys can get out of LOI's, but I haven't seen players generally just getting out of them. Maybe you can show me otherwise. For now, I see a 3-man class pledged to Pitt, and expect them to be here as long as Capel is.

That's a horrible call. Awww he git hit in the face. He moved the ball from right to left, Diaz tried to block it. He missed.

I realize there are a ton of transfers obviously, and if there's a coaching change guys can get out of LOI's, but I haven't seen players generally just getting out of them. Maybe you can show me otherwise. For now, I see a 3-man class pledged to Pitt, and expect them to be here as long as Capel is.
I expect them to come to Pitt, but there’s plenty of guys every year that get out of LOI’s when there isn’t a coaching change. All you have to do is bitch.

If Barnes didn’t end up here I wouldn’t be surprised

I mean Nelly and Elliot should be benched -
Rather play anybody else
Even their bench guys are just shooting wide open with them “guarding “

I hope Pitt winds the shot clock down each possession to reduce the very small possibility that Duke won’t score 225.

Pitt is just lazy defensively - that's the issue.
Unfortunately it only takes 2 players to be lazy (elliot and Hinson ) and everything turns into a scramble drill .

Nelly is just too short and is getting shot right over and blown by

Reactions: 303vND
Well…looks like we got the back door all game.

Hinson going backdoor like...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nycpanther98
What do u want Scheyer to do? He’s played 12 guys and tried not to embarrass Pitt Too much. We’re completely outclassed with their backups in

It's embarrassing for them when Duke's bench outplays and is more talented than Pitt's starters. This score could have easily been Duke 110 - Pitt 60.

Well, the good news is we were only outrebounded by 5. And we "stayed with" Duke in the second half and only lost it by 11. That's progress. :p

Duke looked really good. Wouldn't be surprised to see a deep run in March. We were badly outmatched and also badly outplayed. Some of us saw this one coming.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
So our points given up in our last 5 games are 82, 88, 78, 81 and 96, for an average points against of 85. That is by no stretch of anyone's imagination even a poor defense. It's PATHETIC. Capel has a lot of work to do if he hopes to win even one game in whatever tournament we get to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT