ADVERTISEMENT

Addison leaving???

Remember it was me who posted do we have to worry about him going to Texas and everyone said that was ridiculous. Now, I doubt Texas is the destination but Addison is worth about $1 million to booster fanboys so based on finances alone, I'm not sure why he'd stay at Pitt. This is the type of stuff that we were afraid of and we kind of figured was bound to happen. Just too much booster money at some of these programs to keep a guy like Addison.

Remember it was me who posted do we have to worry about him going to Texas and everyone said that was ridiculous. Now, I doubt Texas is the destination but Addison is worth about $1 million to booster fanboys so based on finances alone, I'm not sure why he'd stay at Pitt. This is the type of stuff that we were afraid of and we kind of figured was bound to happen. Just too much booster money at some of these programs to keep a guy like Addison.
Then if this is the system that the NCAA allows to happen, pitt has an obligation to either pay up, drop from D1, or get off their collective asses and join other non 100 million dollar booster schools and create a set of rules to protect college football.

Then if this is the system that the NCAA allows to happen, pitt has an obligation to either pay up, drop from D1, or get off their collective asses and join other non 100 million dollar booster schools and create a set of rules to protect college football.
Or how about when a donor like Chris Bickell steps forward and offers $20 million for football, the AD says "no thanks, please invest that money in an NIL salary pool for players instead." Pitt doesn't have enough donor money, all donor money needs to be redirected to player salaries or we have no shot.

Or play the system as best they can. No program is going to be immune from losing players.

Or how about when a donor like Chris Bickell steps forward and offers $20 million for football, the AD says "no thanks, please invest that money in an NIL salary pool for players instead." Pitt doesn't have enough donor money, all donor money needs to be redirected to player salaries or we have no shot.
Ok...but 20 million buys how many guys? I mean that runs out after how many seasons? That is just unrealistic

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Ok...but 20 million buys how many guys? I mean that runs out after how many seasons? That is just unrealistic
Its better than buying new lockers, weights, and carpet.

I have said this on the basketball board. The free transfer thing has to stop. Its killing the game. The NIL is one thing but these kids going to the highest bidder and has created an uncontrolled free agency. If you want to pay the players, fine. But don't say these are still amateur players who are just profiting off their NIL. Addison to USC for 7 figures or whatever it ends up being is pay for play.

Reactions: Farnox and jromeo
That’s why this is horrible for college sports. If he leaves for more money that’s not what the nil was intended for. It’s like saying the Yankees have no cap and can buy all the players they want. As a wvu fan I would absolutely hate this just because it’s what’s wrong with the sport now. College ball is ruined!

Its better than buying new lockers, weights, and carpet.

I have said this on the basketball board. The free transfer thing has to stop. Its killing the game. The NIL is one thing but these kids going to the highest bidder and has created an uncontrolled free agency. If you want to pay the players, fine. But don't say these are still amateur players who are just profiting off their NIL. Addison to USC for 7 figures or whatever it ends up being is pay for play.
It’s just wrong

Well, an investment fund can generate $500,000 per year with $20 million.
5% and that's modest

I dont want to criticize a guy who gave $20 million but the game has changed. No longer do you have to spend on facilities, trainers, locker rooms, pool tables, etc. You have to create a salary pool. Hopefully we can redirect some of that money. Not matching an offer for Addison is irresponsible and ANOTHER knock against Heather. I mean I said back then the money should go to player salaries. I said that. Me. How does an AD not know that? I get it, she wants to meet fundraising goals to put on her resume but we dont need to do that anymore. From now on, $$$$ is the name of the game for these players

This is really starting to suck. We don't get enough program changers like Addison. Now a program like ours has very little chance to compete against these schools that are oozing $$$, so they come in and scoop up the few difference makers we do have. College football and hoops blow anymore. The NCAA is a joke. Duzz has created a solid family atmosphere here but, that alone isn't going to keep a guy like Addison from jumping ship for cash. The rich get richer, oh well.... that's life.

That’s why this is horrible for college sports. If he leaves for more money that’s not what the nil was intended for. It’s like saying the Yankees have no cap and can buy all the players they want. As a wvu fan I would absolutely hate this just because it’s what’s wrong with the sport now. College ball is ruined!
Its pay for play which is against the rules but the NCAA is doing nothing.

And its why the ACC, B10, and P12 arent expanding the playoff until this gets regulated.

SMF...well that is part of the problem. These ADs and commissioners of conferences are not doing their duties until they create a set of rules regulating this.

it sucks, but this sport is always going to be lopsided. only way that's going to change is a major split between these teams and have separate playoffs...I can live with Pitt being in the 2nd tier

Reactions: FireballZ
Well, good thing they got the MAC transfer then.

Sucks, these are the likely the beginning of the ending days for the sport. It’s already nearly impossible for anyone but 10-15 schools to win the football NC, and basketball is becoming a complete cluster. Maybe it’ll be just as popular or even more so for the younger generations who aren’t tied to old traditions and just care about the fantasy stuff.

I’m not far from that, now.

Seriously, let Addison jump. He's one player, nothing more. He's not worth it if he wants to quit and take some money from the highest bidder. He's not worth the time it takes to think about him. He's just a dumb kid who has no sense of commitment or values.

Reactions: view2akill
Pretty unfair to Slovis and perhaps even some of the super seniors who opted to come back in pursuit of team goals. Hope you guys are considering their interests, too, when you pontificate that players need to look out for themselves.
None of that matters. I want him to come back but he doesn't owe anything to anybody. The NCAA is a cesspool and he should exploit it.

None of that matters. I want him to come back but he doesn't owe anything to anybody. The NCAA is a cesspool and he should exploit it.

If that's the case, the NCAA should be blown up along with collegiate sports. And that would be a good thing at this stage of the degeneration of college sports.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT