ADVERTISEMENT

Utah to the ACC?

Yeah, he died of Crohn's complications. He actually seemed like a pretty cool guy once you got past the clickbaiting.

Now that I think about it, I believe his death was actually caused by being full of $hit, which I guess is funny in a way.
I hadn't realized. I spoke to him a couple times. We agreed to disagree.

I dont know how you can say that. ESPN and national media started going off his rumors. And he was solely responsible for getting FSU all hot and bothered about the ACC. He had their fans begging for Big 12 membership. The Dude's FSU to Big 12 rumors was the perfect test case for FSU to see how their fans felt about the ACC. As we found out, thanks to him, they despise the ACC. I'm not going to say this lawsuit wouldn't have happened if not for The Dude but he made possible the ability for the FSU fanboy board of trustees to understand that the fanbase would be very supportive of it.
Give it up. The Dude wasn't even posting anymore when FSU started to moan around. I can say that because FSU wouldn't have ever agreed to renew the GOR to 2036 if they were unhappy when they renewed the deal. No way the agree to extend it when they could have gone shopping for a place to land. Stop.

I hadn't realized. I spoke to him a couple times. We agreed to disagree.

Yeah, he would say quite a bit of things that were flat out false. In my heart of hearts, I would like to thing he was just doing it to get a rise. Like saying there are more WVU fans in Pittsburgh than Pitt fans, lol. It's probably like 2% vs 68% or something in actuality, if we just include those in Pittsburgh who identify as college football fans. But who knows; maybe he truly was that delusional.

Reactions: pittdan77
For what it's worth, I liked the Dude once I got to know him. He was full of crap but a genuine fan of WVU and he hated Pitt. He was what is good about the rivalry.

Definitely a likeable dude. I actually started going Benedict Arnold mode and watching his videos pretty regularly for a little while. He kept it entertaining, despite the occasional WTF statement.

Reactions: pittdan77
Yeah, he would say quite a bit of things that were flat out false. In my heart of hearts, I would like to thing he was just doing it to get a rise. Like saying there are more WVU fans in Pittsburgh than Pitt fans, lol. It's probably like 2% vs 68% or something in actuality, if we just include those in Pittsburgh who identify as college football fans. But who knows; maybe he truly was that delusional.
Yeah, that's good rivalry banter. You could tell when he was doing that versus the propaganda from his "insiders".

Give it up. The Dude wasn't even posting anymore when FSU started to moan around. I can say that because FSU wouldn't have ever agreed to renew the GOR to 2036 if they were unhappy when they renewed the deal. No way the agree to extend it when they could have gone shopping for a place to land. Stop.

National media reporting his rumors and FSU fans resulting in FSU fans begging to join the Big 12 means something. How much? I dont know. But he played a role in FSU's unhappiness.

National media reporting his rumors and FSU fans resulting in FSU fans begging to join the Big 12 means something. How much? I dont know. But he played a role in FSU's unhappiness.
The answer is none. Has been none and will continue to be none. I don't think people at FSU consider WVU relevant other than being the school they rescued Bobby Bowden from and that's it.

The answer is none. Has been none and will continue to be none. I don't think people at FSU consider WVU relevant other than being the school they rescued Bobby Bowden from and that's it.

FSU fans were begging for the chance to play WVU in the Big 12 so they must consider them relevant.

What you posted is irrelevant. Maryland was a good add. Its a proud programs with a fanbase and a good market. Rutgers is a nothing. A never was. So I don't care what your combined numbers say. The numbers dont say anything anyway because there were Big Ten alums along the I95 corrdior before Rutgers and Maryland. It makes it sound like Rutgers and Maryland needed to be added to "count" the OSU alums living in NJ.

Listen, I get that you are a believer in the B10 press releases and are buying their good news about the additions. And I'm telling you that its BS. Dont believe what you read. Better yet, ask the Dude, Greg Swaim, or the Baylor student that has that Locked On podcast what they think. They are the experts after all.
You clearly have RDS.

Reactions: pittchagg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT